Carp A Diem - Musette's Carp Diary

Musette

Wow! That's awesome Kerry! We're breaking the game limits on the bigheads and silvers. Bighead limit is supposed to be 40kg and Silvers are supposed to be 35kg.

The new spot I have mapped out has a smaller path range that is close to shore for the pair of moby carp that I tracked. The smaller path range makes the these mobys easier to catch. For May 31, 2021, the perfect sunny day configurations pop-up on Days 2, 3, and 5 for the next 10 hours. Day 3 temps will see the biggest spikes for 40kg+ moby carp.

2 hours ago, Musette said:

Wow! That's awesome Kerry! We're breaking the game limits on the bigheads and silvers. Bighead limit is supposed to be 40kg and Silvers are supposed to be 35kg.

The new spot I have mapped out has a smaller path range that is close to shore for the pair of moby carp that I tracked. The smaller path range makes the these mobys easier to catch. For May 31, 2021, the perfect sunny day configurations pop-up on Days 2, 3, and 5 for the next 10 hours. Day 3 temps will see the biggest spikes for 40kg+ moby carp.

So this was all in one night 9pm - 10:30pm & 3am - 4:30am and i fished two locations one at your 83lber spot and the other across fields of gold on the lake with the gazebo testing new isolated grounds. Used my own feeder mix, didn't use the method mix but the results were phenomenal all oversized FishingPlanet_20210427153241.thumb.jpg.5430eebd70cde3575fcab0307bdb565d.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

That's great, Kerry! The method mix helps increase the hook size, if you want to try for even larger mobys. We've already broke the game limit on the bigheads and silvers. I don't know the absolute limit on how big these guys get since they've gone way past the game limit.

Weeping Willows mirror mobys have potential up to 50kg doing a rough hooksize math average for 14/0 hooks. The top limit for UK mirror carp was 45kg at 10/0.  Germany moby carp hunting is kind of new, so not enough data to fix top size quite yet. If we can get the bighead and silvers to take larger hooksizes, there maybe potential to go beyond 45kg like the mirror carp on UK.  The majority of my Germany carping has been on The Fisherman because I needed to make more game cash and less bait coins on TF. Luckily, Germany waterway on TF has the same visual acuity and schooling patterns as FP. Blame TF Musette for the Germany moby trend. Unfortunately for TF Musette, there is still a substantial wall of bad weather in Germany to fish moby carp consistently. I can only test up to 10/0 on TF Musette because The Fisherman is 1 year behind Fishing Planet.

The feeder mix I am using is not my Weeping Willows Moby mix, it's the original TF Mission Destroyer mix to catch every dang uni fish type fast. This is the mix I use on all Euro waterways on The Fisherman to complete missions fast. It's a great overall farming mix.

Using a more carp specific mix should also help in conjunction with hooksize to produce Germany moby carp. The theory behind this comes with the idea that although the bighead and silver carp do not eat feeder mix, they do travel with the other carp species. Increasing the potential quality of entourage carp as a whole, increases the potential quality of the bighead and silver carp.

Also, my favorite Germany carp spot has the highest rate of grass carp. I haven't tried this area yet in competition parameters. So people who do play Danger in the Grass comp may want to test if this area is active during competition.

Edited by Musette
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Musette said:

That's great, Kerry! The method mix helps increase the hook size, if you want to try for even larger mobys. We've already broke the game limit on the bigheads and silvers. I don't know the absolute limit on how big these guys get since they've gone way past the game limit.

Weeping Willows mirror mobys have potential up to 50kg doing a rough hooksize math average for 14/0 hooks. The top limit for UK mirror carp was 45kg at 10/0.  Germany moby carp hunting is kind of new, so not enough data to fix top size quite yet. If we can get the bighead and silvers to take larger hooksizes, there maybe potential to go beyond 45kg like the mirror carp on UK.  The majority of my Germany carping has been on The Fisherman because I needed to make more game cash and less bait coins on TF. Luckily, Germany waterway on TF has the same visual acuity and schooling patterns as FP. Blame TF Musette for the Germany moby trend. Unfortunately for TF Musette, there is still a substantial wall of bad weather in Germany to fish moby carp consistently. I can only test up to 10/0 on TF Musette because The Fisherman is 1 year behind Fishing Planet.

The feeder mix I am using is not my Weeping Willows Moby mix, it's the original TF Mission Destroyer mix to catch every dang uni fish type fast. This is the mix I use on all Euro waterways on The Fisherman to complete missions fast. It's a great overall farming mix.

Using a more carp specific mix should also help in conjunction with hooksize to produce Germany moby carp. The theory behind this comes with the idea that although the bighead and silver carp do not eat feeder mix, they do travel with the other carp species. Increasing the potential quality of entourage carp as a whole, increases the potential quality of the bighead and silver carp.

Also, my favorite Germany carp spot has the highest rate of grass carp. I haven't tried this area yet in competition parameters. So people who do play Danger in the Grass comp may want to test if this area is active during competition.

I have seen Bigheads and Silvers 46kg on Steam but you may have missed it, had to crop to fit

Fishing Planet 1_9_2021 8_56_20 AM (2).png

49 minutes ago, Musette said:

Can you send me the location and mix you use for the Grass in Germany as i play the Carp comps there and i'd like to test it also i will do some experimenting tonight using larger 14/0 hooks and see the results

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't get back to your question right away Kerry. The ancient power grid in my area was under repair most of the week. Power and internet was goofy most of the week.

I don't have current Grass Carp data for Fishing Planet. Grass Carp tournament data is different from The Fisherman because of the lack of South American fruits on TF. On TF the dominant bottom feeder baits for grass carp is sweet pea or honey bread. On FP, grass carp tend to be more attracted to infrared colors, which would make Jauari fruit dominant for bottom feeder rods.

As for a mix, something that targets 20-21kg trophy grass carp works.   I forget which of my 40+ test mixes do that.  I'll need to test which. You might find a monster German trophy carp mix on Youtube if I don't get back to you right away. Ancient power grid on the fritz in my area.

June 12, 2021

Dear carp diary friends,

Currently, I'm working on fine tuning flavor and color values to influence carp species roll order. I'm mostly a Stage 2 carper because I'm never satisfied with just one mix or method. I'll also fish through the entire mix with many fish hooks sizes and baits just to see what swims with my target fish. It's a great way to complete area missions while farming game cash and exp. Find a spot and devote a couple of rods for your target fish and a couple of rods to explore what else is attracted to your groundbait. The fish will sort themselves out by hook size and hookbait. Groundbait encourages chunkier fish and school retention.

TF and FP carping fall into 3 categories:

• Stage 1) Amateur (fishing with no groundbait or limitted knowledge of groundbait mixing)
  • Stage 2) Uni farming (fishing with a stable high particle feeder mix and sometimes with Couch Potato spodding)
  • Stage 3) Moby hunting (fishing with a spiked high particle mix and pond jumping)

Amateur Carping
Until you have unlocked all carping ingredients at level 50, targeting unique carp is limited to predatory carp. You may be able to snag a common uni once in a great while in California. Your best bet for targeting high value carp before level 50 is in Germany for trophy common, grass, mirror and leather carp along with trophy bighead and silver carp. However, without level 50+ match rod tackle, Germany's uni bighead and silver carp are likely to break your line, rod or reel.

My earliest diary entries are my amateur level Weeping Willows tests when I was level 50-something. I pretty much violated established methods with fusion mixing. I felt like an 8 year old child gleefully playing mad scientist with a brand new chemistry set. I mixed everything then carefully subtracted components for a more stable chemical reaction. Try mixing your own flavors to produce surprising results and kabooms!
kmjIUIq.png

Uni Carping
When you are ready to graduate to steady uni carp farming, you can try one of the many carping mixes found in my carp diary. (Sorry, I don't stream Youtube or Twitch because I am too embarrassed to cuss on a live stream. My friends think I'm too cute when I cuss in my anime girl accent. Fishing live when your connection is bad produces lots of multi-lingual cussing.)

My first steady feeder mix is from my Sunny, Tropical Fruit Test dated October 26, 2020.  This mix still catches oversized carp in both sunny and cloudy weather with minor aroma adjustments. This is where I learned how to control carp size with high particle concentrations (particle totals of 14%-15% and balanced aroma based on temperature and carp species isolation).

I also learned from that French test round that sunny weather, round shapes, infrared colors and bait size plays a more dominant factor over aroma since tropical fruits and nuts produce no aroma. Tropical fruits are encased in shells or tough skin. This also means that boilies are a superior hookbait to pellets because of shape.

A basic uni feeder farming mix that works for both TF and FP can be found here.
This mix gives instructions on how to combine and subtract components based on weather and temperature. I usually make about 1k baitcoins on TF or 120k+ cash on FP with temperature variants of this mix.

Moby Hunting
Moby hunting is extreme uni carping. When you have more than enough baitcoins or game cash, you don't bother landing anything less than 36 kg or 80 lbs. You constantly bounce around waterways chasing known moby placeholder positions. No couch potato spodding needed with all that bouncing!

You focus only on peak game hour periods and push your heaviest bottom and carp tackle with a high particle, lower value aroma feeder mix. Size #10/0 hooks for TF and #14/0 for FP. Large spikes in weight becomes more important than a steady stream of average sized unis. Veteran carpers have their own feeder mix variants that loosely adhere to my uni carp formulae from October 2020 and May 2021. The exact recipe to hit moby carp caps exists only in experience at any given time of day because light wavelength, temperature, and weather influences optimal groundbait values during peak hours.

TF moby carping is confined to match rod tackle in Germany and carp rod tackle in UK. TF is about a year behind FP, so no South American fruits in TF to make bottom rod carping worthwhile.

FP moby carping currently favors bottom rod tackle with South American fruits in UK, and match rod tackle in Germany.

Thus far, the largest Germany bighead carp spikes in both TF and FP occurred with a #10/0 hook and Technoplankton + UK carp feeder mix at peak times night, day, ANY WEATHER. (Thank you to anglers who sent me their moby bighead markers). Bighead and silver carp travel as a college (mixed schools) with other species of carp. Therefore, you indirectly increase the size of uni bigheads and silvers through what I call an ENTOURAGE effect.

Using a carp rod and size 8/0 hook and 20mm boilie, your feeder mix should be able to isolate trophy only browns, commons and grass carp in the 17-21 kg range. If your mix is catching smaller carp, your feeder mix needs adjustment. Now your spodding area is ready to generate mostly supersized moby bigheads and silvers during top peak hours.

In Germany, I'm using method mix spodding to get the uni bigheads and silvers to take larger hook sizes past 7/0. The highest hook size I've gotten bites out of is 12/0 on FP. The most 30kg+ bigheads and silvers in a single day is 7 on TF during sunny weather template with size 8/0 hooks.

The current size caps for carp in TF remain at 40 kg bighead and 45 kg mirror.

The size cap for for carp in FP should mathematically be closer to 110 lbs/50 kg in both Germany and UK unless there is overlord dev intervention. Current carp rods are under powered to handle 50 kg carp load within a reasonable time unless you deploy terrain tactics like bracing your rod against a tree, bridge or platform. South American bottom rods with South American fruit and hook size 14/0 have replaced traditional boilies carping.

The species descriptions on both TF and FP are old school 50/51 level values. The old school descriptions did not take into account an increase in FP player level and hooksize. Player level and hook size most definitely affect moby size caps!

Conclusion
Carping is more intellectually stimulating than other forms of fishing using the Fishing Planet game engine because of the many different factors and nuances in weather, temperature, lighting, carp species habit, et al, when designing carp groundbait and hookbait configurations. Carping is complicated and may not be for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

June 21, 2021

Dear Carp Diary friends,

HALP!

0lg789n.png

Grrrr!

I login this morning to fish my favorite Bighead and Silver Carp spot only to find lots of dead mice along the shore. Freaking industrial toxic waste dumpers!

Open the spoiler below to join the protest!

Spoiler

rq85lUd.jpg
Phase 1:
Clean-up all the drowned floating mice along the shore either on boat or on the shore next to my favorite Bighead and Silver carp fishing spot. Best way to catch them is with top water tackle. Other tackle types will pull-up weeds, rubbish and branches. Make sure to have 5 inventory spaces free for collecting the drowned mice.

Phase 2:

Use heavy bottom feeder tackle. Boat over to the Telemetry spot. Do not drop anchor. Friends and I have managed to clear a bunch of the monster mutant Black Whisker catfish already. More help needed to eradicate Germany of these beasts!

n3SfV4o.jpg

Edited by Musette
Added more info
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

A number of our fellow anglers (ok me) have found to their disappointment that six inventory spaces are actually required, otherwise the bait is sent to Home storage (requiring a quick dash home) to finish the mission.

OMG, I'm sorry that happened to you, Carpman. I was already at  Germany when the mission kicked in and had no space. So I trashed 5 cheap items from inventory like insects and tiny hooks. 

The way the Fishing Planet engine polls your inventory from the client (where the game resides on your platform: PC, XBOX, etc)  and saved data on their server causes inconsistent issues. I think the reason why my inventory cleared after I fulfilled Phase 1 of the mission, is that I was taking screenshots and recording the data to Photoshop. I did not immediately move forward to the next screen because I was busy pasting and manipulating images on Photoshop. Me taking a pause to work on screenshots probably gave the server and client time to sync my inventory without needing to send the bait to home storage.

No biggie, was back again in a flash. Was just expecting the deceased rodents to be moved from the underwater items section to the bait section once I had caught all five, instead the rodents remained and the tasty bait was sent express mail home. Poor cat thought the parcel was for him. 

7 minutes ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

No biggie, was back again in a flash. Was just expecting the deceased rodents to be moved from the underwater items section to the bait section once I had caught all five, instead the rodents remained and the tasty bait was sent express mail home. Poor cat thought the parcel was for him. 

Ewww. 2 sets of 5 drowned rodents! 5 unstackable rodents in underwater inventory and 5  stackable bait in home storage. Just ewww.

Definitely mutant rodents. Must be a glitch with the new missions. I don't remember the old monster missions retaining scavenger hunt items once they were transformed into mission bait, lure or line item.

The previous mission was glitched too. Underwater inventory did not clear and you also did not need to use the hornwort line to fish-up the monster.

9 hours ago, dragonfly00713 said:

you're lucky to have something to fish with.. all my rodents went to unstackable underwater inventory. and no way to get them out. and nothing in  bait. mission over and out.

If it isnt givin an option to remove the dead mice from your inventory then perhaps its glitched but if gives you option to remove (circle ps4) remove all 5 and hopefully it will alow you to restart the mission to collect the mice like most of the usa monsters of you ran out of said baits

14 hours ago, dragonfly00713 said:

you're lucky to have something to fish with.. all my rodents went to unstackable underwater inventory. and no way to get them out. and nothing in  bait. mission over and out.

Did you leave the waterway and check home storage? New missions occasionally have odd bugs. If your mission bait doesn't move to the bait section of your inventory, it moves to the bait section of home storage. If the mission: Sander Baggersee Drowned Mouse is still active, do what Kylerobz said to restart the mission. If the mission has moved to COMPLETED, the stackable drowned mouse baits likely moved to home storage.

@PH_Carpman99My pet frog Haggis ate the rest of the mice. I no longer have an ewwww mouse problem.

638347071_Haggisposter.png.f3fc9eff0f19222592c7dfa24318b4d6.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, VisoredGlint751 said:

Ewwww your musette frog is Nice!

It feel gross if I touch frog!

What haggis the frog age?

Haggis is a juvenile male pacman frog. At least I think Haggis is a male. He loves to sing the song of his people every morning. Only male pacman frogs sing. He is still too young to be 100% sure if he is indeed a male. Adult male pacman frogs develop nuptial pads on their thumbs. If I don't see any nuptial pads on Haggis in 12 months, I'll assume she is a just a very happy princess.

I do have a young female albino pacman who is just a month older than Haggis. She is nearly 4 times larger than Haggis.  (Another indication that Haggis is likely a male because he is much smaller than Spud). Female pacman frogs do grow faster and 4 times heavier than male pacman frogs. Spud does not sing.

Touching the frogs can be hazardous to them and you. Skin oil and soap residue can harm the frogs as frogs absorb every thing through their delicate skin. I use medical gloves to handle the frogs.

Pacman frogs are also ambush predators, like pike and muskie. They will chomp your fingers. Spud is big enough to swallow a fist.

This is Princess Spud:

spudparking.png.4e245ecb9f23a2bcb52b563c4c7ee8c3.png

Back to something Fishing Planet related...

Pacman frogs originate in the Amazonian region. I took a screenshot of the totem jungle to use as a back drop for Spud's terrarium so she would feel more at home. Thus, when you guys go fishing along the shores of South American waterways, BEWARE of ambush predator frogs.

maq1HZg.png

• Like 1