bigbro13

Other's Catches

I needed to reinstall Windows 10, Steam and Fishing Planet. Previously I would get popups, with type of fish and weight, of what other players were catching while playing the same lake. After re-installation I no longer get these popups. Is there some option I need to enable to get this information again?

There were changes to the chat system with the latest update, you might need to open (holding down CTRL) the chat box and select the Room(nn) tab to see what others in the same room as you are catching. 

• Like 1

I was locked out of interacting with the chat HUD until this morning. If you are on Steam using a mouse and have your Video set to Full Screen, you can't interact with the chat HUD on the play screen to change settings. This has to be done on the main HUD by hitting ESC. The chat HUD will now be located in the lower right hand corner. Now the chat HUD will be clickable and you'll be able to change rooms and settings to see catches. I never could get the chat HUD to work correctly on the play screen. Tab button would just open and close the chat HUD for me while on play screen.

MNXKxAq.png

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 1:34 AM, Musette said:

Tab button would just open and close the chat HUD for me while on play screen.

Suggest using the Enter key, use the Tab key to open/close the chat box (especially when a fish takes your bait mid sentence).