Constant blue screen crashes ce-34878-0

BobNudd10

2 hours ago, TKSkydive said:

Mine is crashing every time I start up, but I have not purchased anything in about a year. No premium.  Very frustrating.  Just started crashing today Oct. 1

Deleted and reinstalled...still crashing every time i start up.  I'm on ps4.  Only thing i've done recently is purchase a lifetime license for florida for 180 baitcoins.

3 minutes ago, Tapatalgud said:

I posted this in other post as well. I think someone managed to craft malicious chat message that crashed the game. Because it crashed for me every time at the exact same message shown. Please remove the global chat. I have no idea who needs that.

It might be the worst feature introduced to this game and that says alot . Luckily i haven't left BCI so im still able to grind till all my equipment breaks.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Support_Team said:

Our development team is aware of this problem and they are working on a solution.
Thank you for the report and sorry for the inconvenience. 

Why add global chat to the map screen when nobody ever wanted it? Terrible idea and this is the result. 

Just now, Support_Team said:

This issue is not connected to global chat feature. 

The issue of annoyance and frustration of having a global chat forced on us is though, at the very least you should have implemented it so that the settings we choose for it are universal and permanent. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tapatalgud said:

Thats what I have always been saying, they don't test the game on PS4 at all. Otherwise it would be impossible to have so many crashing bugs.

Please have some respect to our QA team. Every patch on every gaming platform is getting a test. We have no crashes on our testing consoles and that's complicating an issue. A live server always has issues that cannot be reproduced on our testing environments, but we fix them no matter what. 

Just now, Support_Team said:

Please have some respect to our QA team. Every patch on every gaming platform is getting a test. We have no crashes on our testing consoles and that's complicating an issue. A live server always has issues that cannot be reproduced on our testing environments, but we fix them no matter what. 

I'm sure there are plenty of us that really love the game and would be happy to help beta test any future updates. 

You have to realise that sometimes people who're very passionate about something may occasionally speak harshly. For myself I've been fishing for 40 years since the age of 8 and fishing planet is by far the best representation of fishing in a game I've ever played :)

8 minutes ago, Placebo said:

The issue of annoyance and frustration of having a global chat forced on us is though, at the very least you should have implemented it so that the settings we choose for it are universal and permanent. 

You can disable pop-up messages in global chat so they will not annoy you any longer. Open chat settings and disable Pop-up messages 2D (on a global map) or 3D (on a pond). 

2 minutes ago, Support_Team said:

You can disable pop-up messages in global chat so they will not annoy you any longer. Open chat settings and disable Pop-up messages 2D (on a global map) or 3D (on a pond). 

Yep I know but the settings don't stick, whenever you go to another location or back to the main map the chat settings reset to default. 

2 minutes ago, Placebo said:

Yep I know but the settings don't stick, whenever you go to another location or back to the main map the chat settings reset to default. 

That's because they are different chats. You have a global chat on each pond and one global-map chat. Just disable pop-ups once when you travel to corresponding pond. 

Love this game, the best fishing game hands down!! It’s been crashing a few times lately for me but not so much, I love the recent update that made the spool spin realistically when fish is pulling!! That’s a major turn around! But there’s a thing that’s missing drag adjuster, one of the reels is missing top. Leviathan reels are like that but others are fine. 

On 10/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, Support_Team said:

Look, I rarely say negative things without reason. I can keep myself together and leave a lot of things unsaid. But respect has to be earned and I'm sorry your QA team does not deserve it right now. There are bugs that are understandable and happen in every other game (fish flying to sky, walking underwater etc). Then there are blue screens, that I have to admit I have only ever seen once on PS4 before I started to play Fishing Planet. None of my other games have crashed so badly. Either your QA team is too small, you have unskilled testers, theres problems with the release planning or methodology somewhere else but thats definitely an area you have to look into.

I have no insight how you do things, I can only speculate. But what I have seen so far I would say that 90% of your testing effort goes to PC version. Thats also the variant you release first. I have not seen PC people complaining as much. When you complete the PC version you start porting it to PS4 and Xbox. Both those variants get created and published usually in 2-3 weeks. Thats why I say that you either test PS4 and Xbox versions very little or not at all. You are more than welcome to write a blog post how you really do things. With every release you fix some of the old bugs and add tons of new ones.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:30 AM, Support_Team said:

This issue is not connected to global chat feature. 

I can explain why I claimed that to be a chat issue. I'm still not 100% certain that you are honest here. When this bug first occurred I was not surprised. Fishing Planet had blue screened on me before. But when it kept crashing after reinstall I started to experiment. I noticed that 7-8 times it crashed, it always managed to show me the exact same chat message. Ad popped up at different times but game crashed exactly when that chat message was shown. I disconnected my PS4 from the network when the loading screen bar filled up but before the inventory was shown. Game did not crash. When I connected it back online it showed me exactly the same amount of chat messages and crashed again. So by timing the disconnects I even managed to assemble my equipment and travel to Bolivia (Could do only one operation at a time that required network connection and had to be quick so that the game would not complain about disconnected network). Took me more than 2 hours but I was bored anyway and as I was still on Premium I did not want to lose another day of farming. So can I say that it was connected to global chat feature - no. But you saying it wasn't really doesn't convince me either as I have no other explanation why the game did not crash when I disconnected it and why you have the chat feature still disabled.

BTW the game still crashes once or twice an hour, turns screen to pitch black when you catch the game etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grind all the way to lvl 63 to get to Marron River only to blue screen 5x in 2hrs . Then the black screen issue when i catch fish . When on the keep or release screen my screen flashes black . I have only heard a few other people compain about this. I was wondering if it is PS4 pro related. Working on a video to post.

Edited by Hate_ful

1 hour ago, Hate_ful said:

Grind all the way to lvl 63 to get to Marron River only to blue screen 5x in 2hrs . Then the black screen issue when i catch fish . When on the keep or release screen my screen flashes black . I have only heard a few other people compain about this. I was wondering if it is PS4 pro related. Working on a video to post.

All players that I know of have those issues. Some claim that using sunglasses help with the black screen issue.

• Like 1

Ya this is sad guys. I have only blue screened 1 day so far but i will say the game is a lot more glitchy then it ever was. cruising in my boat it says im going 43 mph but its like im hardly moving at all. casting the rod sometimes the game appears to be moving 1 screen per minute and whats the deal with bobbers now doing backflips when you cast? rebooting does help but not for long and who wants to reboot 7 times an hour. the game is getting worse instead of better, never really had issues before. 

• Like 1