Roach Spoon ???

Tonto

In the end I bought the 99 Bait Coin pack which includes both spoons. Thanks for letting me know, I do not really use the packs that much. It is alot but the Bait coins I do not really use, so I went for it. My original plan with the Bait Coins was to use them for Advance Licences but now it is ridiculous how many you need and if you can fit in two or three game play days in one normal day you more than cover your costs. I will still keep checking the pumpkins though, to see if these spoons turn up.

Ok yeti hunter 3 earns a Pandora's box worth 133 bait coins very nice,  grab your torch and pitchfork which took me twice as long earned a psycho killer vest worth 5 bait coins have yet to do the silver bullet that's next on list. So I say don't drop the 99 bait coins for the spoons do the ghostbusters pike challenge now they improved the catch rate, do the sweet tooth, and yeti hunter3 and earn yourself two new rods and a tackle box worth 133 coins!!!

• Like 1

Just finished Silver Bullet III and got a spiffy cowboy hat with 4 extra tackle spaces.

The Slimy Crank can catch both Vampire Gar AND Ghost Pike in Quanchkin. So I am assuming the Halloween lures can catch Ghost Pike everywhere there is  any sort of pickerel family. Quanchkin only has Chain Pikerel. Slimy Crank catches all forms of event and non event Gar.

Half way through Yeti Hunter III. Still getting baitcoins from pumpkins and tombstones. Already made back all the baitcoins I spent for the Halloween event...but had to use baitcoins to buy more storage space...aiyah!

• Thanks 2

Yes.  The ghost pike can be caught on many waterways if you are are trying to get 150 for the challenge. By far, the best location is quanchkin with the slimy crank. The best spawn is Down South, casting to the left side, and center around 50 meters.  On my best night I caught 25.  All other waterways produced far fewer.

• Like 1

Yes,

Sadly its been severely nerfed.

I did this 2 years ago on my other account and only got the roach spoon on day 12, but at least it was possible. (on my other account I have 46 roach spoons now 🤪)

This time I have visited 232 pumpkins/tombs in 11 days and have 6 bony shads, 9 Skull Jigs, 8 Silicon Spiders and 0 roach spoon and 0 spider spoon

Categorically nerfed.

However, one final thought....

If you do spend the 99 baitcoins on the DLC, get the lures you need to finish, complete the mission, you can then sell you prize (Monstrosity Kayak, terrible piece of junk) for 100 baitcoins!

Result - Mission finished with a profit of 1 baitcoin!

We can beat the system!

Struggling to complete GRAB YOUR TORCH AND PITCHFORKS II and YETI HUNTER II. My ISP Comcast has been bottlenecking so badly that I lose catches and connections every 5 minutes. Honestly wanted to stream Halloween themed custom competitions, but can't with my Comcast connection issues.

On the plus side, I have  twice the amount of baitcoins than the amount spent to get the bug lures even if I haven't completed Yeti II yet.

Side Challenges
I'm out of Halloween live bait. Halloween "live" bait like Dead Mice, Rotten Minnows and Pig's Eye attract Halloween gar at an 80%-85% rate before catching non event gar, bass, catfish or bowfin. Slimy Crank comes in at 50% in Quanchkin with Halloween Gar or Ghost Pike in the same areas that non event gar spawn. Slimy Crank has a very low catch rate in Florida Everglades. Shiners and Crayfish work, but will prioritize all the non event gar, bass and other fish first. So bring LOTS of Shiners and Crayfish if you run out of Halloween live bait. You'll catch about 60%-70% other fish, before you start catching Halloween Gar.

At some point I was fishing carp in uk and simply quit for the day, lag was unbearable 90% of the fish were lost as soon as I'd lift the rod.

It seems to happen frequently whenever I play late afternoon my time (gmt+3) maybe servers can't handle increased traffic in that timeslot?

P.S. While doing the albino yeti gar challenge I found the most effective alternative bait to be large cutbait, on bottom rods.

Edited by jimkaf
  • Like 1

Same issue for me,

I have 2 accounts,  1 lv65 with with lots of cash to travel.

the other lv44 with little cash.  went to every spot with lv65 ( finished halloween last year )  no spider spoons or roach spoons to be had this year ?

lv44 player all complete less spider spoon and roach spoon. so unless someone knows dfferent, impossible to complete this year without spending

baitcoin or real money.