Placebo

Playstation 5 + Dualsense

Dearest devs of Fishing Planet! How will FP support the PS5 and dual sense? At this point there's no games coming out that make me want to buy the PS5 but if I know you'll be supporting it (imagine hooking and playing fish with the controller's haptic feedback!) I'd buy one day one :)

Really??

this game has difficulty supporting a normal controller, let alone an advanced controller on console.

Have you ever tried turning your character around.. feels like you have a neck brace on.

have you had your bait selection option stuck using the RB and stick. You can’t select another bait.

have u had your lure stuck, unable to cycle through and Change it. 

have you had the vibration  feature work, while playing on windows?

I can go on and on, but I am guessing the answer to all is ..no

Yeah of course I know there's a load of little annoyances/bugs, but on the flip side there's a lot of stuff in the game that's really awesome IMO, I've fished for over 40 years and I've been a gamer for that long as well and FP is easily the best fishing game I've played, there's great potential for a truly awesome PS5 version if they have the financial means to implement a lot of the additions/fixes we'd like to see.

As someone who has worked in game development for more than 15 years I can assure you funding when you're an indie developer is incredibly tough, wrong call in development and it's not just sales that are at risk it's paying off your mortgage or car loan etc. etc. etc.

5 minutes ago, Tapatalgud said:

Don't expect haptic feedback on multi platform games.

Not sure what makes you think that? There's a long list of multi platform games that will use dual sense and it's growing daily:

20201104_085950.thumb.jpg.cae3dc6ad710ffd24c5f853b3e32705b.jpg

+no man's sky and resident evil 5 also been confirmed since that list. 

Don't know all of those games. But most seem to be Sony Exclusive or Big Studio games. Fishing Planet is indie game with very small team. I'm not saying that Fishing Planet might not do it some time in the future. But before they start to implement haptic feedback, I would say they have a long road to walk to make the game PS5 (or next gen in general) worthy.

Edited by Tapatalgud

Fishing Planet on PS5 + DualSense oh really?🤣🤣🤣
Did anyone hear anything about Unity or specific games that are being built in Unity that are being updated for release on PS5? We’ve had an amazing graphical experience set the bar for what’s to come from Unreal and I know Sony invested in them,  but I’m not surprised that we’ve heard nothing from Unity around what they’ve got for their next-generation gaming engine. Maybe Sony realized they didn’t want those 99p games slowing down the PS Store 😂

Unity 2020 and next year version are not that bad. It has ray tracing support etc. So I would not complain about the game engine. Yes Unreal is more mature and future for it looks amazing, but FP was using Unity 2017 not very long time ago, maybe still is. Can't expect all the nice thingies with old tools.