Grant

Is there a way to know the number of drag settings before buying a reel?

I see this diagram while fishing, I know how to use in in that context. But I'm talking about viewing the number of drag settings in the shop before I buy. Is this diagram available in the shop too? (That would be super helpful)

I've seen the ratio but that just describes the speed you can reel in at, not the number of drag settings.

Edited by Grant

On 11/21/2020 at 4:19 AM, Grant said:

It feels like this is information I should be able to see in the shop alongside max-drag etc. Am I just being daft?

Yeah it should be in there and has been mentioned in the past but to no avail. The only thing you can do is if looking at two reels with roughly the same max drag is check for front or rear drag on each reel. Rear drag reels have more settings than front drag ones in the same weight class (on spinning reels anyway).

Edited by kdog013
  • Like 1

Isn't it the number of ball bearings? Unless this was a huge coincidence I noticed that one of my reels had 9 drag settings and the ball bearing stat listed was 6+3 or something like that.

Edited by Placebo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Placebo said:

Isn't it the number of ball bearings? Unless this was a huge coincidence I noticed that one of my reels had 9 drag settings and the ball bearing stat listed was 6+3 or something like that.

I think in most cases it is. But sometimes it's half that.

On that topic, dear devs, it would be amazingly helpful if we could have all the available gear and it's specs in a readily available web page, it can't be that hard. 

Edited by jimkaf
  • Like 3

On 11/26/2020 at 8:35 AM, Placebo said:

I'm not sure about this myself, as far as I know there are only 3 different sets of drag settings, either 6, 8, or 12.

On 11/27/2020 at 3:39 PM, kdog013 said:

I'm not sure about this myself, as far as I know there are only 3 different sets of drag settings, either 6, 8, or 12.

I vaguely recall having one or more reels with 5 settings. They may be casting reels. I will have to check.

Edited by Tonto