connection to the server was lost ! i get this on every map after 10 sec

Suggest sending an email to support@fishingplanet.com with your game name, platform (Steam, PS4, Xbox or Microsoft store) and a description of your problem. If using a PC make sure Fishing Planet has been added to your firewall exceptions list, disable any video accelerator type software, if you're able to access in game Settings try disabling Vsync and/or SSOA and experiment using lower resolution and graphics quality settings (under the Video tab in settings).   

12 hours ago, snorryhobo said:

i get disconnected from the server 10 seconds  after loading  the map , this happens with every map.

It is a common occurrence on Xbox for me.  Game quits during comps, or when switching too many spawns.  It isn’t an issue with your system or internet. It is a bug that became worse after the last update.  It happens every day for me, multiple times, when I stay in the game too long.   Support will tell you it isnt a problem, as they didn’t see anything when they investigated my report, or they will say it isn’t their problem. You have to find a way to mitigate it, by quitting the game yourself when you have been in it too long or restarting the device.  That helps for me. I play on Xbox one, but the issue may be less frequent for Xbox series x or s. It is likely a memory leak or a resource exhaustion issue. 
And yes, I am a 20+ year software developer/network engineer.

Edited by Tonto
19 hours ago, Tonto said:

It is a common occurrence on Xbox for me.  Game quits during comps, or when switching too many spawns.  It isn’t an issue with your system or internet. It is a bug that became worse after the last update.  It happens every day for me, multiple times, when I stay in the game too long.   Support will tell you it isnt a problem, as they didn’t see anything when they investigated my report, or they will say it isn’t their problem. You have to find a way to mitigate it, by quitting the game yourself when you have been in it too long or restarting the device.  That helps for me. I play on Xbox one, but the issue may be less frequent for Xbox series x or s. It is likely a memory leak or a resource exhaustion issue. 
And yes, I am a 20+ year software developer/network engineer.

i cant even play the game  it disconnects 10 seconds after the map loads , it says  connection with the server was lost , see attached pic

19 hours ago, Tonto said:

Screenshot 2021-01-25 234209.png

On 1/24/2021 at 11:22 PM, PH_Carpman99 said:

Suggest sending an email to support@fishingplanet.com with your game name, platform (Steam, PS4, Xbox or Microsoft store) and a description of your problem. If using a PC make sure Fishing Planet has been added to your firewall exceptions list, disable any video accelerator type software, if you're able to access in game Settings try disabling Vsync and/or SSOA and experiment using lower resolution and graphics quality settings (under the Video tab in settings).   

i sent the an email they replied to with "our servers are working fine can you please try again"  i opened the ports they suggest n their wiki page.  it a brand new router 2mo old.  BF5 play fine , only running the built in firewall in win10 and  the game is added to exceptions list.  just tried with  vsync  and ssoa @ 720p and it still disconnects. it not a game bug cause it loads the map and i can see other people walking around i make a cast and 5sec later i get that message. i also reinstalled the game (not from back up ) but downloaded it that didn't fix it.

Edited by snorryhobo

so i"ve been emailing their support team, he asked me to try and play through a VPN , and it actually works i'm not getting disconnected. obviously its a temporary fix but at least at can play again.

so if anyone is having same issues as me try connecting to VPN first.  it worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Posting here to avoid opening a new thread.

Game version: 3.10.0

Platform: PC, Both Windows and Linux Native (Steam)

Connection to server was lost when the game's trying to load. Tried through VPN as well, is there anything up with the servers or something on my end?

Did a little digging:

live.fishingplanet.com resolves to 192.40.222.58 which is blocked in a lot of firewall configurations. Messages like the following will appear in your logs.

destination unreachable (Host administratively prohibited)

Although this can be fixed with a certain amount of knowledge under Linux (depending on the distribution, a lot of different solutions are possible :/), I would suggest to point that to a different server, since hardware-firewalls and routers will also block that traffic because it could be classified as traffic from a LAN and not Internet traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, stepotronic said:

Mac client seems to be broken as well now. I will probably try a different linux system within a week just to be sure it is not my firewall config (currently off anyway...). However I hate being forced to use windows atm. I don't know if linux connects to different servers. I will have to investigate that.

On the bright side running it through wine/proton is just fine performance wise for me but I'd definitely prefer running the native version as well.

15 hours ago, jimkaf said:

On the bright side running it through wine/proton is just fine performance wise for me but I'd definitely prefer running the native version as well.

Yeah but the overhead and the amount of packages I have to install is a bit messy. I am missing vibration on Linux for my controller anyway. But there are some competitions that are half an hour that I can throw in when I need a break from work. For that I would actually still need to be able to log in...

@jimkaf

It is a different server for windows. Tested it using wine as well. And I believe it is trying to resolve another domain, but I missed that DNS request. However the main Server communication can be send to the server windows is using doing the following which fixes the diconnects:

sudo echo "192.40.222.2 live.fishingplanet.com" >> /etc/hosts

You can now play with the linux client again.

Disclaimer:
There might be a reason why the loadbalancer rule is in place. I cannot take any responsibility and am not reliable if you do this to make your fishing planet work again on linux. Use this on your own risk.

I hope that this is soon fixed and then this can be removed.

Edited by stepotronic
errors in command
  • Thanks 1