chat panel catch info hidden during competition ! How???

Fishfinder

Many times most of the players hide their info such as when joining the competition ,time of catch or what catch and when leaving the competition ???

I do not know how is this even possible?? I use PS platform ...

Thank you Ps ( for my opinion this should not be even allowed during competitions ...If you wanna fish hidden use private rooms when not at competitions period !!

Yes thank you for your answers . This is what I thought so that the system is different on Pc/steam than on Playstation .... Which I think its pretty unfair to even attend on any of the competitions !! How can you compete with some who knows all the fish you are catching +the bad fish and getting miss hits for pondweed etc... how rapidly is he catching the fish or how much pause is there between the catch ... these things can easily reveal where someone is fishing and what size hooks is he using which spot to use first etc etc...The rules should be equal to everybody dispite what platform is he or she using ... or then have  different competions for pc/steam users and for PS/Xbox users ... I dont wanna show my appearance/ my catch info / time of the catch etc... either ... Big upper hand for the players with this incognito mode for sure and almost everybody who seriously takes apart almost daily with these competitions uses this advantage.  

This game is not cross platform except for win 10 and xbox and I don't have either so I don't know if they're comps are at the same time or if they're competing against each other or not, but when you enter a comp or tourney on ps4 you're only competing against other ps4 players.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 9:35 PM, kdog013 said:

This game is not cross platform except for win 10 and xbox and I don't have either so I don't know if they're comps are at the same time or if they're competing against each other or not, but when you enter a comp or tourney on ps4 you're only competing against other ps4 players.

Really I am not so sure of that 🤔 since often when playing lot of people ask am I on Pc or Ps platform ...I think we are all under same server on tournaments and competitions ... And if we are not this same incognito issue appears all the time many cases there is only me and 2 others whos catch etc..is showing on chat panel and rest of the players score just keeps changing only at the Comp panel in the middle! But you never know what they are catching and when etc...! The funny thing is that I have asked this same question from the FP tech group for the past 2 months with no answer what so ever .. So I have a  feeling this is an issue with only PS users and there is nothing they can do about it ....?!

When you join a competition you'll see in your room are 5 or 10 people (depending on comp and platform I think). Those are people that are in the same "room" with you. That exact time there's lots of rooms running. You'll only see what people in your room catch and what in your room say. In a tournament you can enter a room and might be fishing with another 9 people. Once those 2 hours have passed even if you started exactly when tour times start you can check and see that 50 or 100 have finished. 

And of course different accounts/people in different platforms. Try adding my username "jimkaf" to your friends list on any platform except steam/pc, you'll see no such user existing. Hope that helps :)

• Like 2

I think you're worrying too much. You wouldn't be able to know what time people have their catches anyway since time is relative to when someone joins a comp. Competitions are asynchronous, only tournament semifinals and finals and custom comps have strict times.

In competitive fp what I would advise is running custom comps with the template (weather/time) of the comp you want to practice for and try to find ways to get scores you need, then it's just a matter of luck and repeating things over and over for the plan or rotation you've found and aim to get your practice score in actual comp too.

I've no idea really if incognito works on other platforms but I really don't see what kind of advantage it would give to someone, I personally just turned it on once out of curiosity.