Why don't the Tournament Qualifier locations record your fish on the Leaderboard when pre-fishing for the tournament?

pverdura

Check your Leaderboard record for your largest Common, Trophy and Unique size fish - When practicing at the Q1, Q2, and Q3 locations, do your largest size fish appear on the Leaderboard?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Check your Leaderboard record for your largest Common, Trophy and Unique size fish - When practicing at the Q1, Q2, and Q3 locations, do your largest size fish appear on the Leaderboard?

• Yes
    • No

I noticed over the past 4 or 5 tournaments that I practice that the Q1, Q2, and Q3 locations stop recording your larger fish on the Leaderboard when pre-fishing (or practicing) for a tournament.  Only your Young size fish get recorded.  Is this normal?  Please tell me that this does not play into the algorithm/code for doing well in the tournament.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 2:47 AM, pverdura said:

I noticed over the past 4 or 5 tournaments that I practice that the Q1, Q2, and Q3 locations stop recording your larger fish on the Leaderboard when pre-fishing (or practicing) for a tournament.  Only your Young size fish get recorded.  Is this normal?  Please tell me that this does not play into the algorithm/code for doing well in the tournament.

Wow, I must have struck a nerve with the developers. All my competition and tournament results have really plunged into the abyss. And I know it's not me. So, if developers don't like your post, then they can manipulate your outcome? Your game should come with a warning label - players beware.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that competitions and tournaments are all a scam.  FP picks winners and losers and nobody calls them out on it.  And yes, FP developers can and will manipulate your account and competition results.  FP, It's time to issue refunds for all purchased DLC's.

image.thumb.png.800d4b33a1640a075e5ad4a87daf95ca.png

These look like Steam comps, because if I finish 7th on Xbox as u did in triple Trout, I will lose about  -10 points. You gained +9.

I know points gained or lost also factor in the number of participants, but the penalty for not finishing in the top 5 is real.

and that 60th position would have been at least -100 pts for me

Tonto, I do play Steam comps, so you can't compare Xbox to PC.  The continuous (to this day) negative comp results are a result of FP dev team not liking what I post on the forum.  I don't believe that they should be allowed to manipulate comps and tournaments just because you ask honest questions, nor for any other reason what's so ever.  It shatters the credibility of fair and equitable competitions.  I dropped out of IRL fishing tournaments because of all the cheating; and when a top 10 ranked Pro angler asked another Pro's winning technique for the 1st day qualifier (in a 3 day tournament).  The rule is no collaborating once the tournament starts; it's a disqualification.  You can't stop the cheating when 150 anglers are vying for $160,000 - 1st place prize.  Here, you have the FP dev team picking winners and losers and that's cheating as well, just on a much smaller scale.  There are far too many You Tube videos of gamers having much better results in comps/tournaments than most players; this is cheating as well by the FP dev team.  I know of one YT gamer that states that he only plays in FP tournaments and makes it into the top 30 of a Q1, Q2 or Q3 for all tournaments.  He doesn't even play comps nor practices.  Figure that one out.

Good comp/tournament results need to be earned by pre-fishing them.  IRL fishing, the Pro angler will practice for say a week or so at a lake/river before ever tournament.  They need to figure out so many aspects of a winning pattern at the location.  The ones that don't practice usually lose their entry fee and with no winnings.  Fishing locations change DAILY, so should be true for FP comps/tournaments.  That's how a good fishing simulator would run.  And to practice for hours on end in FP, just to get a good result just doesn't happen.  All this RNG is a bunch of hogwash.  The only RNG that is needed is the fish locations and catch method; which should be different for ever single comp and tourny that is run.  And FP dev team needs to keep their hands out of players accounts. 

I'm under the impression the points you gain/lose on a competition depend on the following factors:

1) the place you finish obviously, 

2) how many people actually played the competition and finished with a score (even zero but not empty),

3) your current personal rating (the higher it is the harder it is to gain points).

I'm convinced that comps and tournaments have always been broken.  It's sad to see that you do well due to nepotism or you stream the event.  You might as well just get an attendance award.  It's like throwing darts at balloons.  It's all bs.  Practice means everything IRL fishing but means nothing in FP fishing.  Developers need to fish IRL tournaments; otherwise, they don't know how to program the game.  There's a lot to learning how to fish than just searching the internet for answers?

On 5/19/2021 at 1:25 PM, PH_WarlordSully said:

You get negative points in comps when you dont do better than you did in it the last time you played it there point system has seemed broken for many years . But it has nothing to do with you practicing them

And that's a problem with discounting practice for comps.  It is 180° opposite of IRL tournaments.  Have you ever been in a tournament or watched one on tv where anglers don't pre-fish the event.  FP claims to be a fishing simulator; I guess that's really only true for farming fish then.  FP needs to change the comps ever time that they run it.  And it should be your job to figure out the fishing pattern for the upcoming event.  FP would be a much more enjoyable game by constantly changing up the comps and keeping things competitive for each run of the events.  I believe that it can be achieved by adding in a RNG code for fish locations.  It is kind of stupid to fish a comp with say 2 or 3 locations over and over again for the duration of the comp.

• Power Members
On 5/21/2021 at 12:03 PM, pverdura said:

And that's a problem with discounting practice for comps.  It is 180° opposite of IRL tournaments.  Have you ever been in a tournament or watched one on tv where anglers don't pre-fish the event.  FP claims to be a fishing simulator; I guess that's really only true for farming fish then.  FP needs to change the comps ever time that they run it.  And it should be your job to figure out the fishing pattern for the upcoming event.  FP would be a much more enjoyable game by constantly changing up the comps and keeping things competitive for each run of the events.  I believe that it can be achieved by adding in a RNG code for fish locations.  It is kind of stupid to fish a comp with say 2 or 3 locations over and over again for the duration of the comp.

Do you realize how much time for the devs that would take they are a small company they arent ea sports

• 2 months later...