Can we use more powerful Rod for small fish?

Good Evening Everyone, I know this Thread will sound silly but i wonder if i can get / buy any DLC gear Rod so i can catch fish more fast and easy.

I know the real simulation wont support to use this method, but i was wondering if let say i buy the Sport bundle, will i get easier to land bass than using my default spining rod i buy at star 3?

i dont have much time for playing, and getting a fish as fast as i can while playing is my goal. 

thank you for reading and responding.

Hi
Yes, you can definitely use a DLC rod that is a bit stronger to play the fish faster.
The disadvantage is that you get less XP with stronger equipment, but the money is the same as with weaker equipment.
Equally disadvantageous is imho that, for example, the line does not last forever and you also need a certain level level for appropriate replenishment.
The Sport Bundle is imho not bad, imho also worth a look is the St.Patricks Day DLC with 3 x float rod combinations (5-16.5kg)

There is also for the XBox.
This pack includes 7 days of premium time and 7 days of access to the Michigan waters;)
I only mention the 7-day access to the Missouri, which is also included, as you can earn this body of water relatively quickly.
Important: The 7 days run directly from the time of purchase of the DLC:
Since you wrote that you don't have much time:
- Avoid unnecessary travel and therefore try to combine as many tasks and combinations as possible.
For this purpose, I have personally made an Excel table for each body of water with information on the individual tasks, challenges, the maximum weight of the occurring fish species including information on Young, Common, Trophy, Unique and the appropriate baits.
Often the baits overlap with the fish and you can make optimal use of the space in your bait box.

- Always buy a pro license for the respective body of water where you fish.
With the exception of the European eel and the beluga, this saves you paying fines if you put the fish in the net.

- Another good source about Fishing Planet is the Wiki.

Hope this help a lttle bit :)

Edited by PokerXXL
  • Like 1

I was in your situation a few years ago, with limited time.   I bought the golden package at 50% discount.  I leveled up quickly with the pond passes and the included gear.  I also have the ultimate sport package, although I rarely use it, given that there is redundant gear overlap with the gold package. You will find the Zeus rod to be a keeper through level 70, and the large keepnet in that package valuable.   I wouldn’t worry about the XP loss to playing with overpowered gear.  At lower levels focus on earning money by targeting high value fish that don’t have sharp teeth in the bigger lakes, like St Croix and St Joachin. XP levels will go by quite fast.  Bank the money, as you will need it later.

Edited by Tonto
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, PokerXXL said:
Hi
Yes, you can definitely use a DLC rod that is a bit stronger to play the fish faster.
The disadvantage is that you get less XP with stronger equipment, but the money is the same as with weaker equipment.
Equally disadvantageous is imho that, for example, the line does not last forever and you also need a certain level level for appropriate replenishment.
The Sport Bundle is imho not bad, imho also worth a look is the St.Patricks Day DLC with 3 x float rod combinations (5-16.5kg)

for EXP, I dont really care for leveling up, just happy to catch some fish and sell. but there still limitation on bait right? I mean we cant use rod that can catch shark to be able to catch Bass? 

What i after is some sort of self acomplishment to be able to fill up the net and sell the fish and gain more than the bait + license cost. I know it sound so depressed but because i never manage to land a fish in real life that is why i kinda happy to play this game.

Also thank you for the tips. premium time will be a waste for me because i might only online 1-2 hours and then skip the game for 3-5 days. maybe in weekend i can get 4 hours each day.

I am trying to learn more, so i will keep looking information on the wiki. thanks again.

14 hours ago, Tonto said:

I was in your situation a few years ago, with limited time.   I bought the golden package at 50% discount.  I leveled up quickly with the pond passes and the included gear.  I also have the ultimate sport package, although I rarely use it, given that there is redundant gear overlap with the gold package. You will find the Zeus rod to be a keeper through level 70, and the large keepnet in that package valuable.   I wouldn’t worry about the XP loss to playing with overpowered gear.  At lower levels focus on earning money by targeting high value fish that don’t have sharp teeth in the bigger lakes, like St Croix and St Joachin. XP levels will go by quite fast.  Bank the money, as you will need it later.

Thank you for the experience. the discount also made me interested on the package. the biggest keepnet is 250KG right? it mean around 500 bass then ...

Also, is UltraLight Rod mean that i will struggle more to land fish but gain more EXP because it more light?

thanks again 

• Like 1

I have not seen a DLC with a keepnet larger than 250kg in the older DLC’s, The only exception seems to be the carnival pack for the Amazon with a keepnet of 420kg.  A downside is you only get one rod in that package.

An ultralight rod can land common largemouth, smallmouth, butterfly peacock, etc without much of a fight, but you will likely fight with the trophies and uniques.   If you are going to keep one lightweight rod, then it should be the Jigwinner, if u have it unlocked at your level.  Alternatively you can buy it in the Pike Winter pack.  

If small bass and small trout are your thing, the jigwinner will suffice for casual fishing.   Just keep the target fish between 1 and 3kg even though that rod is rated for 6kg.  Anything else will be a longer fight.

Also avoid the Unique Marble Trout in Tiber, even though it weighs around 4-5kg.   …..unless you have a second set of batteries for your controller.

Edited by Tonto
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Tonto said:

I have not seen a DLC with a keepnet larger than 250kg in the older DLC’s, The only exception seems to be the carnival pack for the Amazon with a keepnet of 420kg.  A downside is you only get one rod in that package.

An ultralight rod can land common largemouth, smallmouth, butterfly peacock, etc without much of a fight, but you will likely fight with the trophies and uniques.   If you are going to keep one lightweight rod, then it should be the Jigwinner, if u have it unlocked at your level.  Alternatively you can buy it in the Pike Winter pack.  

If small bass and small trout are your thing, the jigwinner will suffice for casual fishing.   Just keep the target fish between 1 and 3kg even though that rod is rated for 6kg.  Anything else will be a longer fight.

Also avoid the Unique Marble Trout in Tiber, even though it weighs around 4-5kg.   …..unless you have a second set of batteries for your controller.

then i better stay away from any ultralight set up right? my aim is to land fish as fast as i can, not playing drag and reel :D

I use mouse on Laptop because the game hate my controler, it always move too fast in menu / shop tab. seem like some directional button keep pressed. 

thanks again. 

21 hours ago, PokerXXL said:
Hi

i am sorry but is there any difference on this 3 rod? or they work similar? 

• IrishClover 9' 10" (300) - Length: 9' 10" (3 m); Line Weight: 11–35 Lb. (5-16 kg); Action: Mod Fast; Pieces: 3; Guides: 13
    • GoldPot 10' 10" (330) - Length: 10' 10" (3.3 m); Line Weight: 11–34 Lb. (5-15.5 kg); Action: Mod Fast; Pieces: 3; Guides: 14
    • GreenBeer 11' 10" (360) - Length: 11' 10" (3.6 m); Line Weight: 11–33 Lb. (5-15 kg); Action: Mod Fast; Pieces: 3; Guides: 14

I still dont get it the reason to bring similar kind of rod, is it just to add the chance to get strike on fish? ( right now i use 2 rod, the spinning and telescopic one )

thanks again

Look to set up your tackle to take advantage of "maxdrag" as even on light rod the extra benefits of using max drag without risk of losing fish or tackle can speed up landing fish and it doesn't cost anything 👍

• Like 1

Hi

The advantage of this DLC is that you get a larger number of the stronger lines for which you otherwise first have to have the necessary level.

Unfortunately, I saw this DLC too late and got the Sport Botton Pack three times for it.

However, this pack has a much smaller fishing net (only 30 / 70kg).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, weeksy said:

Look to set up your tackle to take advantage of "maxdrag" as even on light rod the extra benefits of using max drag without risk of losing fish or tackle can speed up landing fish and it doesn't cost anything 👍

I Will try learn and use this. Thanks

1 hour ago, weeksy said:

Free redworm bait at the compost heap at end of wooden bridge and dont forget to skip time to peak fishing times to improve catch rate.

Yeah. I skip time. Thanks for pointing it out

24 minutes ago, PokerXXL said:

Hi

The advantage of this DLC is that you get a larger number of the stronger lines for which you otherwise first have to have the necessary level.

Unfortunately, I saw this DLC too late and got the Sport Botton Pack three times for it.

However, this pack has a much smaller fishing net (only 30 / 70kg).

Ah, so i can enjoy using them even when i not high levels enough to buy from shop. Got it.

Also does anyone have thoughts on Deluxe Pack?

Is it good? Kinda really love the black and red jacket on it.

On 6/10/2021 at 2:39 AM, weeksy said:

On ps4 there is a free fishing planet 2.0 starter bundle that does not show up in free games but does if you do a search. not sure if its also on pc.

sadly not.

also thank you for everyone who help me to decide.

i have fun in this game more that before i buy the pack. the exp is reduced but i dont care. fishing trout is fun :D