Welcome the 4th of July Event 2021!

Dennis_FP

• Developers

o5kj8XXPSfmIW7SG02j0IOuOGFnmvFL5xisPNTSN

Hey anglers! Independence Day is coming, so let’s celebrate the triumph of liberty in all its glory! 
Event will be held June 29th (18:00 UTC) through July 11th.

Welcome exciting event missions  - Independence Treasure Hunt!

Cp94AiP5ZT85uRvvYt6ikiGt4uRzumdKGf7uGWH8

• Restore George Washington’s statue to win a unique jacket and rod!

51pE1kJV3nLOd8r8BhthxjdPNlbtdaSyM0mdkg8a

• Historic Fish with anchor tags cannot be sold for credits, so you can release it at once. Go on an epic angling adventure try your luck at catching catch 21 different types  truly historic fish that are over 200 years old! All these fish had a special anchor tag clipped onto their fins, marked with the year and President’s George Washington’s signature! So good luck at catching these living pieces of History!         

l4vUInbFIs45f78Q6RuynXhv5kyme0egDMMX_SB-

• Raise the USA flag on each of the USA waterways daily to win fireworks! Fireworks can be launched  on all Americans waterways.Try your luck to collect them all!
  • Find Cannonballs in snags and fire holiday salutes from the Liberty Cannon to win a unique reel!  

waUF2rqupQ9A1_kspxag3GCz0xIMuhAExQgM2PG2

• Each Liberty Cannon can be fired only once a day! To make the shot, you must have a cannonball in your backpack, that’ll disappear afterwards.
  • Don't miss to challenge yourself with  "4th of July" missions!

TdPAESSCIU3Xl6vl31dcOHiuLO2FZ0_QgdFTeeRE

FYI: firing the Liberty Cannon and launching Fireworks - attracts Historic Fish  After firing the Liberty Cannon, you’ll be rewarded with a special holiday edition patriotic lure!

aHOozIXf0Z4ivJcM6pSmHXOqPfMt9HvITDYeZe7M

This 4th of July make sure to celebrate America’s triumph of freedom by enjoying a day of fishing with Revolutionary Pack - an awesome tackle set featuring limited 4th of July Edition fishing tackle and equipment that are bound to raise your patriotic spirits on Independence Day!

Steam    American PSN Store   European PSN Store    Xbox

Evr0tCsyQcRHZ74IZhwU2T-PqcziaxmPe538mD-_

• Like 1

Hi,

After buying the revolutionarypack on XBOX, I am having issues with the end mission in Emerald, after 2 hours trying to hit the sunken boat, still no luck.

Many twitch streamers have the same issues. I have only  friend who made the mission. It seems to be bugged.

I can also not catch any event fish in the other missions although having bought the pack, and using the requiered lures.

Please fix this ASAP.

Regards Jasper

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Alehabc said:
I have a problem with missions I can't run them. Last year it was all right I completed all the missions and got awards. PLEASE HELP

If you completed all missions last year, then there is no event equipment left  to earn this year.  I completed the missions last year and have nothing in my mission tab this year. The global map does show lakes with an Independence Day icon, and I am not sure if I can still catch the event fish, as of early this morning. On Xbox 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jasper said:

after 2 hours trying to hit the sunken boat, still no luck

I did these missions two years ago but vaguely remember one or two of the boats not being placed on the snag point. Try casting around the boat off the front or back end (can't remember which) to get the snag. 

Don't cast at the boat if you look at the challenge there are two parts to it first part is cast near the canoe, if you cast into the reeds on the opposite bank you will find a spot that register as casting near canoe, only took two more casts once I found the spot.👍👍👍

I had similar issues with the Emerald lake canoe, after about an hour yesterday I gave up. I was casting all around and over the boat.

Went back this morning and cast just behind the boat almost in the reeds and noticed the mission segment "Cast around the boat" cleared. As with Weeksy, a couple more casts in the same area got the chest.

If you check out Soopa-Dave Gamings youtube video it shows the exact spot I used. :)

Good luck.

3 hours ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

Yes, once you've completed the 4th of July event missions the only things you can do is fire the cannon, raise the flag, catch cannonballs and fish for the event (Historic) fish. 

Lol…and get your Red Worms in the leaf pile in Lone Star.

sadly, nothing new for the old timers.  

• Sad 1

Wow this is super frustrating.  I have traveled back and forth to Emerald several times and spent hours casting at this canoe and it is not registering.  I have cast everywhere in and around it.  I have watched videos.  Nothing is working.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the great tips and help.

Scoopa Daves guide helped me a lot to finish the first steps in the event.

As said the boat was not on the correct spot on Emerald (consoles), My friends and I were able to pass this now, and I also helped a couple of streamers directing them to the right location.

Kind regards, Jasper

Just completed the final challenge and received the treasure map with coordinates for the treasure chest with jacket and rod and assumed that they were for emerald lake where the map is earned,no luck resorted to internet to complete mission and find treasure. Am I missing something or are you really meant to look on all maps until you find something at the provided coordinates or is there a clue to which waterway the shipwreck is on (Hint!!! ships sail on the sea so only the waterways with saltwater are possible). 

Still can't get the Emerald sunken canoe to trigger.  I have done all the other missions.  I have watched Scoopa Daves guide and still nothing.  I am on a PC not on a console.   I have spent hours IRL trying to trigger this sunken canoe.  UGH!!!!

It sounds like an interesting  event to participate in.... PS4 The Fisherman has absolutely NONE of this info available to me; anywhere at all. I have looked in Missions, nope, Challenges, nope..... I did catch the Muskie at St Croix but have been unable to catch any other Historic... So What gives??? Talk about frustration. The St Pats event was well done and easy to know the goal... This... Ummm Nope.  

Tight lines All

If you have PlayStation plus then Fishing Planet  is free and there is also a free starter pack,would be worth having just for the events if you only play on The Fisherman, and you could do all the challenges again.

On 6/23/2021 at 10:40 AM, Dennis_FP said:

just a quick question to the developers or even if any players know, Im on steam and i want to get a pack for 30 and my dad said i cant get it, on the 4th of jlu will there be a discount/sale if so how much % will be taken off

Another disgruntled post about trying to snag the Emerald lake sunken canoe.  FIX YOUR SHIT.  Absolutely atrocious.  I was going to do a big baitcoin purchase because I was excited about the new waterways and now I absolutely refuse to give this game another dime until this is resolved.  DON'T MAKE ME NOT PLAY THE GAME IN ORDER TO COMPLETE A QUEST IN THE FUCKING GAME.  Moronic design.

Not broken it says to cast "near" the canoe not in it or at it and that is exactly where it can be found,,literally 10 feet from the canoe on the opposite bank. Enough people have found it and reported its location to make it easily found. Hope you try again and have better luck as I know I hate not finishing challenges. 

Good luck.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:20 AM, weeksy said:

Not broken it says to cast "near" the canoe not in it or at it and that is exactly where it can be found,,literally 10 feet from the canoe on the opposite bank. Enough people have found it and reported its location to make it easily found. Hope you try again and have better luck as I know I hate not finishing challenges. 

Good luck.

Definitely broken.  I caught it before I posted.  That is completely beside the point.  The DESIGN in the GAME is TERRIBLE in regards to THAT MISSION, and I enjoy this game a lot but that particular aspect is unacceptably below the standard it should be.

You will find overall that you will have a better life if you don't contribute when you don't understand anything that is being said.  Good luck.