Titanium leader breaks?

Hey Guys

I have been playing this game for number of months now and i have never had a Titanium leader break on me. What makes it really annoying is i had just achieved Bream master and received  the  X-Series Crankbait 2.5 6hook which i was trying out. I must have catch a Alligator Gar when it bite through the line. I thought using a Titanium leader prevented this from happening? Is this a glitch or was i really unlucky? I was using the Rivertex 270 Rod (21kg line weight) with Ambusher 8500 (21.0kg drag) and a 20.85kg Braid line with the 18.6kg (0.5 length, 0.3 Dia)Titanium leader. I have lost that crankbait for good now. Can anyone tell me what i did wrong?

You should never be bitten off if you're using a Titanium leader (should only break if the durability got down to 0%), are you sure it said "bitten off"? The drag being set to high is normally the reason for tackle loss when using Titanium leaders.

Suggest sending an email to support@fishingplanet.com with your game name, platform (PC,PS4, Xbox) and a description of the problem (as above).

HTH.   

16 minutes ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

You should never be bitten off if you're using a Titanium leader (should only break if the durability got down to 0%), are you sure it said "bitten off"? The drag being set to high is normally the reason for tackle loss when using Titanium leaders.

Suggest sending an email to support@fishingplanet.com with your game name, platform (PC,PS4, Xbox) and a description of the problem (as above).

HTH.   

That is what I thought for so long, but learned otherwise a few months ago.

I was in Marron River setting markers for Red Peacock with my Bassboat with the Anchor up. I was fishing in a long narrow channel casting with my 19.5kg Zeus, with 19kg line and 18.6 kg titanium leader.  Reel Brake setting were untouched , and max drag on line was at 18.1kg.  Safe I thought,  even for a uni tambaqui which I had landed using that same setting a day earlier.

something large hit the buzzbait, and fought me on the boat for several minutes. The fish never surfaced, but I suspected it was a Trahira by the rod modulation.  I struggled for minutes, but it was not coming closer and then it displayed…..”line bitten off”.   Being surprised and angry at once, I hit the record button to capture this impossibility.

I email the video to support with an inquiry on whether such a situation can happen with a titanium leader.  After their investigation into this incident they responded that I had hooked a Uni Trahira, and indeed the line was bitten off. No further explanation on why it happened.

I have had this happen to me in Amazonia. Something really big, not sure what, maybe shark. I assumed that whatever toothy beast that bit my line off must have jumped and twisted past the titanium leader. Some fish have incredibly wide mouths and razor sharp rows of teeth that are wider than the longest titanium leader length (only .5 meters/1.64 feet). Maybe we need longer titanium leaders so certain huge beasts can't get to the more delicate braid. Or maybe some of us maniacs (stares @jimkaf) need to fish our monsters with galvanized bridge suspension cables.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

Well that's something I wasn't aware of, must've of missed the comprehensive update notes for when this "feature" was added 🤥 

I'm not sure the devs knew about this "feature" either or anticipated that by increasing hooksize and adding new fish, that some of us would be able to push established boundaries that would break the unbreakable and also break previous fish size boundaries.

12 hours ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

HTH.   

ok thanks for reply

11 hours ago, Musette said:

I have had this happen to me in Amazonia. Something really big, not sure what, maybe shark. I assumed that whatever toothy beast that bit my line off must have jumped and twisted past the titanium leader. Some fish have incredibly wide mouths and razor sharp rows of teeth that are wider than the longest titanium leader length (only .5 meters/1.64 feet). Maybe we need longer titanium leaders so certain huge beasts can't get to the more delicate braid. Or maybe some of us maniacs (stares @jimkaf) need to fish our monsters with galvanized bridge suspension cables.

The fish which bit my line did not surface at any time.No jumping. I thought i had a Catfish because thats what i had been catching before until the notice came up telling me my line had been bitten off. I was shocked and pissed off losing my lure. It must of been a Gar.

@Halfhand99I was kind of annoyed when that happened to me too. What I meant by jumping is sometimes when a fish hits an object underwater like a rock, it bolts (like jumping underwater) and twists. IF your rod strength is stronger than the fish when it hits an obstruction the fish goes sailing in the air like in parts of Oregon. If the fish is in par with your gear, the line slacks or gets snagged and the fish escapes. Not line bit off.

Like you, I never did see my Amazon fish jump out of the water so I really don't know if it was a shark or catfish. Just that my line with a titanium leader was bit off. I didn't bother fishing Amazonia for awhile after that in hopes that maybe the area had bugs that needed fixing. In real life, shark hunters use longer, heavier titanium or galvanized steel leaders to fish sharks specifically because sharks will twist and bite-off the line itself if the leader is too short.

I've only had a titanium leader bitten off once, and it was by a shark. I was giving chase with my trolling motor when it went around one of those little islands and I lost sight of it for a few seconds. When I came around the island I saw it for a split second writhing back and forth with it's nose buried into the bottom against the island and then plink, my line was bitten off.

Luckily I was bait fishing so I only lost a hook, but still it shouldn't happen if it's going to cost players lures that they can't replace imo, or maybe they just need to be longer as @Musette suggested.

@kdog013 This sounds like the same pattern that trophy to moby sized carp use in shallow water. The carp will drop the hookbait if it's on a slope or the leader is too short when it digs down and dances on it's nose to grab the hookbait. Seems like the leader is too short for your shark. Sharks are voraciously greedy eating machines that will bite above the leader rather than drop a tasty morsel of food.

@kdog013 I'm sorry for the confusion. The point I was making is that there is a lost fish routine in game where the fish actually has the bait in it's mouth and dives down and pivots on its nose to swallow it further down its gullet. If the leader is too short, the fish ends-up spitting out the hookbait because it feels sus.  In the shark's case, however, it is more predatory and continues to swallow rather than spit out anything sus. As the hookbait travels further down the shark's gullet, it's teeth shreds the line. At least, that is what I think is happening. In this case, the devs need to provide us with adjustable titanium or galvanized steel leaders if they programmed certain toothy beasts to keep swallowing past the leader length which allow their teeth to shred the line...or program them like carp to spit out the bait. However, sharks are not as intelligent or picky as carp, so programming sharks to spit out bait is not natural.

The predator instinct is to continue to swallow its prey no matter how big or annoying the prey may be. I have a couple of predator frogs that I cannot keep with each other because they will attempt to swallow each other whole even if it kills them to do so.

That nose pivot it suppose to help it anchor itself and swallow deeper.

• Like 1

Remember the bug were the monster fish would keep stripping our line even when the drag would be in reverse ( very common in alberta) and the redlining before our gear got snapped off??? All you oldschool players know this too well. I believe this is the new bug as iv had this a couple times happen to me in brazil while fishing the catfish using the long titanium leader as i guess for larger fish larger leader or if using livebait so to give lengh to swim around where it has been anchord to. Pointless if its just hooks and bait being lost but usually in the past fp where quite good at returning a lure if lost.....once they accept that this is a bug within there game 

Edited by KYLEROBZ
Spellings

Ah, the Alberta "Nessie" (and many other names, most not fit for publication here), fond memories as your lure disappeared up the side of the mountain. There were rumours that "Nessie" collaborated with a local Sasquatch (big foot) to handle the mountain climbing. Some sort of lure rebirthing scheme apparently 😲

12 hours ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

Ah, the Alberta "Nessie" (and many other names, most not fit for publication here), fond memories as your lure disappeared up the side of the mountain. There were rumours that "Nessie" collaborated with a local Sasquatch (big foot) to handle the mountain climbing. Some sort of lure rebirthing scheme apparently 😲

Unless you were in a kayak, then this would happen;

• Haha 1

Literally happened a couple hours ago while playing the amazon weight difference comp fortunatly recorded it so will upload and see what exactly went wrong. Id already landed a shark prior to it happening and stil had the same drag setting so will see once my kids are asleep

On 6/30/2021 at 12:37 AM, Musette said:

@Halfhand99I was kind of annoyed when that happened to me too. What I meant by jumping is sometimes when a fish hits an object underwater like a rock, it bolts (like jumping underwater) and twists. IF your rod strength is stronger than the fish when it hits an obstruction the fish goes sailing in the air like in parts of Oregon. If the fish is in par with your gear, the line slacks or gets snagged and the fish escapes. Not line bit off.

Like you, I never did see my Amazon fish jump out of the water so I really don't know if it was a shark or catfish. Just that my line with a titanium leader was bit off. I didn't bother fishing Amazonia for awhile after that in hopes that maybe the area had bugs that needed fixing. In real life, shark hunters use longer, heavier titanium or galvanized steel leaders to fish sharks specifically because sharks will twist and bite-off the line itself if the leader is too short.

oh ok got it Thanks for the reply