xbox/windows comps

I'm having a issue doing the "BIG RED" comp for xbox I can't seem to find the right crank bait for that comp I've used all x-series cranks even tried 3ft crank the conditions are sunny aswell can anyone please point me in right direction please and thank you

Edited by Lowlow5683

On 7/6/2021 at 11:19 PM, Lowlow5683 said:

I'm having a issue doing the "BIG RED" comp for xbox I can't seem to find the right crank bait for that comp I've used all x-series cranks even tried 3ft crank the conditions are sunny aswell can anyone please point me in right direction please and thank you

I have all the crankbaits and have tried that comp in all types of weather conditions. I have won it twice and also placed on the podium a few times, and I am of the belief that it makes little difference. If FP says it is your turn to win,  you can play it with an oversized  #6/0 crankbait and still win it.  The prevailing wisdom says that #4/0 crankbait is the sweet spot for hook size, and the depth between 2.5m and 3.5m.  As for colour, lighter for sunny and darker for cloudy, but these only apply only during regular farming. Just look at the past winners.   The names seem to rotate. Not one consistent player.

in fact it seems there are only a few comps that seem to have consistent high finishers,  like jolly carp, and the barbel comp, and that is because I sense some players have found a mechanism exploit, to consistently finish well in that comp.  all other comps seem to follow a rotating winner.

I have fished that big red fish comp three times in a row with the same weather, using the same crankbaits,  using the same markers and casting spot, and the disparity in results defy logic, so I think something else is in play with FP’s winner selection there.   

just my 2 cents.

thank you I fish comps everyday thats mostly what I do when I play this game and if im correct me and you always go back and forth on the standings lol I completely agree with you on everything you say on the rotation of names but a lot of it also has to do with knowing how to atleast fish the comps like c'mon carp I dont even know how to fish that so I never get unis but in free fishing there I can get unis left and right so a lot of it is just the knowing I believe but yes there is also the non fair fisherman out there lol thank you for your response happy fishing