Stovy50

Trouble casting, need help?

Ok so I'm not sure what the heck happen. But this mooring I was casting lijke 50ft etc at Colorado caught like 6 trout all over 12 " . Left their after I filled up my net, went on to mudder waters Missouri,  filled up there too.

So like took a break did some other stuff at home. Came back here this i can't cast over 30 ft. What happen? 

I noticed my hook was in the yellow while at Missouri. I tried preparing my rods . Nothing. Oh I'm just using the basic telescopic rods you get st the start and two element rods or what ever. 

Any clue guys ? I'm so lost. 

Ok while no one replied I fixed my problem. For what ever the rods I had currently are either too broke or nerfed I dunno. 

So I bought a new match rod can't rember the specs and new line to mat h put it, able to get it cut 100 ft. Now can cast over 50 ft.

I dunno but the game just wasn't liking my other rods even after I repaired. The real is fine. Again I dunno. Just weird. 

For what it's worth, I really hammered an ultralight rod on Everglades, took it down to 25%, couldn't get near controlling whatever fish had taken the lure (7g casting spoon, if I remember), so broke the line.

Cost me a new jigwinner 270 too. Didn't bother fixing the old rod, as it was obviously too out-of-place. I noticed it affected casting distance too.

3 hours ago, robotoda said:

For what it's worth, I really hammered an ultralight rod on Everglades, took it down to 25%, couldn't get near controlling whatever fish had taken the lure (7g casting spoon, if I remember), so broke the line.

Cost me a new jigwinner 270 too. Didn't bother fixing the old rod, as it was obviously too out-of-place. I noticed it affected casting distance too.

Yeah I should of just gotten a new rod right away. Probably spent 200 in repairs trying to figure out the problem .Then like hey maybe I just need a new one. Bam back to casting like normal.

So weird. What is the point of repairing rods then if it won't work the same ? 

Thanks for the reply!