Cederic

2018 Unique Fishing Techniques Reference

An updated list of the fishing techniques required to catch (almost*) every unique in the game, including 2018 video of them being caught.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XV6SgJuwCYGDHWFzouapEyfnlFDcMdLXTr1DhKIBdrc/edit?usp=sharing

Includes major trophies and common fish too.

*Except half the uniques in Quanchkin Lake because I hate and loathe the place and I'm not going back.

This is a copy of a post made in the Steam discussion forums. I didn't want to assume people read both forums.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

Not sure why it's creepy, and multiplying by 2.5 would be both close enough and easy to do in your head.

I've added a new column but it's just the depth in inches times 2.54 so some of the numbers look a bit odd. No, I'm not adding a new column to include lure weights in g - remember, 1 ounce is 28g, so just multiple all weights by 28.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2018 at 6:38 AM, dk1LrGRSM said:

Hi, thaks for the information.

The column that have "U" "V" "T" what that minds?

Thandks

It means “unique”, “trophy” and I don’t know what the V stands for. :) 

On 3/29/2018 at 6:13 PM, Jetoiler said:

Excellent guide, my man. But why do you only have three fish on there for Missouri? 

The guide primarily focuses on Uniques, and Missouri has just the one. I threw in some of the more significant trophy fish too, especially where they're the biggest fish in the water.

Back when I was a baby fisherboy those trophy catfish were my first proper fight in the game.

On 5/6/2018 at 7:33 PM, Jetoiler said:

It means “unique”, “trophy” and I don’t know what the V stands for. :) 

Must admit, I'm struggling with V too. There is a C though, for Common.

The game categorises fish as young (small), common (easier to find/catch but not very big), trophy (harder to find, can give you a good fight) and unique (fairly to very rare, can be nasty to land even with the top end tackle) so that column lets you know which size you're seeking in that water.

Awesome job.  I thought about doing a project like this, but now thanks to you, I don't need to.  And great videos as well.  Maybe the most concise help tool in the game to date.  I really do appreciate the time and effort you put in to this sir.  If I were there I'd buy you a pint.

On 5/25/2018 at 2:18 AM, ScottsAttack said:

Awesome job.  I thought about doing a project like this, but now thanks to you, I don't need to.  And great videos as well.  Maybe the most concise help tool in the game to date.  I really do appreciate the time and effort you put in to this sir.  If I were there I'd buy you a pint.

About 160 hours, if someone fancies updating it next year  - I should be back in gainful employment by then.

I have tryed the peacock bass and can’t get one got the largemouth bass at Florida with shiners at peak night have they changed or is it all different from PS4