Sign in to follow this  
cavebean

Clear Muskie

Worth the time, but not aware of anybody succeeding at this.  No reason though that they wouldn't go for the right lure - just may take a lot of experimentation to find which lures they like.

May be sensible to test outside of the 5-6am sunny slot and restrict that time period to the lures that catch the smaller Clear Muskie at other times, if you're looking for the uniques.

I've only caught one unique clear muskie.. back in October. I've been trying ever since, about one hour each morning. I'm not joking, I've maybe missed a week or two but literally every other day before work I'm trying.. I've tried different locations around the lake, different times, different techniques. I'm determined to catch one on lures, but why is it so hard?? This is ridiculous.

On 2/9/2018 at 5:54 PM, Goatelope said:

I've only caught one unique clear muskie.. back in October. I've been trying ever since, about one hour each morning. I'm not joking, I've maybe missed a week or two but literally every other day before work I'm trying.. I've tried different locations around the lake, different times, different techniques. I'm determined to catch one on lures, but why is it so hard?? This is ridiculous.

While we wouldn't want a game to exactly mirror 'Real Life', muskies are not an everyday catch. You need to be patient and really work for every one you catch (or just be extremely lucky). I imagine some of that carries over into the game -- you need to be patient.  Also, the game doesn't really have a lot of musky lures. It would be nice if they added more of them. Heck, more lures in general.

On 2/13/2018 at 6:16 AM, Kargh said:

While we wouldn't want a game to exactly mirror 'Real Life', muskies are not an everyday catch. You need to be patient and really work for every one you catch (or just be extremely lucky). I imagine some of that carries over into the game -- you need to be patient.  Also, the game doesn't really have a lot of musky lures. It would be nice if they added more of them. Heck, more lures in general.

I agree with adding more muskie lures, but no fish should take almost four months to catch. Other muskie are quite a bit easier, but I've poured 50+ hours at least trying to catch another unique clear muskie. :( People who use baits catch them way more frequently, so I know they're out there. Would love to see muskie lures.

On 2/15/2018 at 7:33 AM, Goatelope said:

People who use baits catch them way more frequently, so I know they're out there. W

ANYONE with a pole, shiners and knowing where they spawn can catch one. What does a baitcoin have to do with it?

Why do people bash coins with envy? Bait coins give you no special fishing skill or bonus. You can buy lures, which clears are NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to catch with one, and poles/reels a FEW levels before you can aquire them for gold

So please, how exactly does a baitcoin ensure easier, faster or more clear muskie catches?

On 2/26/2018 at 2:16 AM, DoublePlopDropper said:

ANYONE with a pole, shiners and knowing where they spawn can catch one. What does a baitcoin have to do with it?

Why do people bash coins with envy? Bait coins give you no special fishing skill or bonus. You can buy lures, which clears are NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to catch with one, and poles/reels a FEW levels before you can aquire them for gold

So please, how exactly does a baitcoin ensure easier, faster or more clear muskie catches?

I... never said baitcoin. I said BAIT, which is exactly what you were talking about...? I meant using bait and a hook, instead of lures like spoons and spinners. You also agreed with me by saying they're near impossible to catch with lures (I'm going to say unis are impossible to catch with lures, since I haven't been able to land any other than the ONE from October). 

I don't  have a problem with baitcoins. Also to clairfy, I have no issue catching regular and trophy clear muskies with lures... They're a lot less common than pike (obviously), but still absolutely possible. Just no unique.

Hope I didn't come across as rude here, just wanted to clear things up!

A Muskellunge with no example is only an ordinary Musky, with an example variety in view of its hereditary qualities and environment. Muskies can be spotted, have vertical lines, or no example by any stretch of the imagination.

UPDATE:

Holy crap I finally caught one. First one since October, been trying for about 1 hour almost every weekday morning since that time. Caught it about 20 minutes before servers went down, couldn't be happier! So it IS still possible to catch on lure. 20180313054800_1.thumb.jpg.7144251732aea98cf6376dcbbcd7ebe7.jpg

I'm on ps4 is it possible to tire a fish out on this game and reel it in with lighter gear cause I just reeled on a clear muskie for 2 and a half hours real time and I thought I was tiring it out and then it just ran out past 200 again and again also I was watching this thing jump in the air about thirty feet high even over the trees at times I would think that would tire it out if it did that more than 30nor 40 times at the end it did another jump to loosen my line which hadn't happened at all prior for an immediate release so what the he'll.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:15 PM, Bubba205 said:

I'm on ps4 is it possible to tire a fish out on this game and reel it in with lighter gear cause I just reeled on a clear muskie for 2 and a half hours real time and I thought I was tiring it out and then it just ran out past 200 again and again also I was watching this thing jump in the air about thirty feet high even over the trees at times I would think that would tire it out if it did that more than 30nor 40 times at the end it did another jump to loosen my line which hadn't happened at all prior for an immediate release so what the he'll.

So yes you can tire them out. The reason you did not tire him out is you did not have enough weight behind your line/reel/pole to tire him out all fish have a weight threshold for tiring them out and all fish require a certain amount of weight to be applied to tire them. I will not give numbers but I have done a lot of research on this subject and can tell you that it is different for each type of fish so a bass for example has a different threshold amount then a catfish.

X series 16' 6/0 crank just outside the strike zone, speed 3 stop then speed 1. Nailed quite a few with that and Rainbow 6/0 Spinner, speed 2 stop and go. Also the 8' lemon 6/0 crank using the same crank method.