Sign in to follow this  
Violentvole

Can we get a response on crankbaits please?

Would anyone on the team care to comment please?

Cranks are useless and have been for quite some time. We have all commented on the issue but have not had a single post acknowledging the issue in return.

We understand if there's problems, but we were told the vampire gar were working fine when they clearly weren't, and for a few months now we've been saying cranks are broken. And we have heard back precisely....nothing.

You've already lost players of my acquaintance because of this issue, how many have you lost that I haven't had the pleasure of meeting?

I currently have a longstanding supporter of the game messaging me about this, and I can only agree with him. Just tell us what's going on please.

I would presume the majority would agree when I say a new venue - or several - is awesome news, but not when the staple lure of the game doesn't work and hasn't done so for quite a while.

All the devs have to do is play the game to experience the issues we've all been subjected to. Why is that so hard? The entire community is telling you that cranks are broken. I'd much rather they be fixed than seeing yet another DLC pack promoted.

New stuff is cool, but we aren't going to buy it when the most used lure of the game doesn't work anymore.

Why will you not even accept this is an issue? You're driving people away with your refusal to even comment on this crankbait issue.

• Like 3

On 09/02/2018 at 8:38 PM, Precisionist said:

As I'm an up-and-comer here, I'm assuming this means don't buy/use crankbaits?  Or are they just not as effective as a previous version?

Stick to 3, 6 and 8' cranks for now.

The rest are in a sorry state compared to before whatever update it was that broke them.

Seeing Pierre getting dragged through the cabin and up the mountain at Alberta was hilarious at the time, but we had no idea that 2 months down the road we'd be where we are now - the most popular lure in the game bugged all to hell. I refuse to go to Alberta anymore because that venue + cranks is especially bugged.

And yet...it used to be a brilliant venue for cranks. Now you have invisible angry birds flying your lure into the air and snagging you, and invisible Sasquatchs' dragging you up the mountain and snagging you.

Even on the more moderate venues, the cranks just dive to the bottom and do nothing.

The 3 shallow ones are the only ones left worth using, and even then you miss a disproportionate amount of hits.

Cranks used to be absolutely awesome ( hence me owning 50? 60? ), but now, hardly worth using.

All we want is an acknowledgement of the issue, but it's been stony silence for months now :-(

On the plus side, it makes us that more proficient with other methods. But I'd like to have the choice, not be forced into using something just because my first choice is broken and has been for some time now.

I can appreciate FP are a small team working on new venues for us ( and I really look forward to that! ), but the lack of any response at all regarding this crank issue is worrying. A lot of people have commented on it since it began, quite a few have left the game because of it.

• Like 1

Violentvole, you and I along with others have posted detailed accounts of this issue on Facebook, Twitter, Emailed Support and on this official forum. The response from FP developers or their spokespersons:

ECC298A3-8B46-451F-B295-90CD5285E65E.jpeg

Edited by ctxsportsvoice
  • Like 1

I haven't played this for a couple months but got on today and I'm using cranks in FL, they're working great. Is the issues you are having specific to a location(s), on kayaks, or just in general?

1 hour ago, xBigfoot-86 said:

I haven't played this for a couple months but got on today and I'm using cranks in FL, they're working great. Is the issues you are having specific to a location(s), on kayaks, or just in general?

Take a look at the video posted above by sportsvoice. It'll shows just one of the issues we are having.

12 hours ago, xBigfoot-86 said:

First question: are you using FP on PS4 or Steam? Second question: what depth crankbait were you using? 3’ 6’ and 8’ (the 8’ can also exhibit the issues at times) are the only consistently usable crankbaits. Any cranks that run deeper will exhibit very chaotic behavior at times regardless of kayak or not, or location, not limited to launching into the heavens during retrieval, etc.

It seems to be a PS4 problem only.

And it is a problem, because not only are 60% of the cranks not working as intended, people are buying them and losing them due to the bugs.

All I want is an acknowledgement that they're aware of the issue, if they say they're working/going to work on it I shall be somewhat mollified and happy to await the resolution of the issue no matter how long it takes. They fixed the hooking bugs really quickly when it mattered.

Ultimately, we can use other lures ( which work great ), but for people who don't fish in real life cranks were the most approachable lure due to the simple fact you can sling them out and hold R2. But now, they slide along the bottom, they go up in the air, you hook invisible birds and sasquatch and you can get snagged in midair on absolutely nothing - losing the lure you paid baitcoins for.

The 3 shallowest are the only viable ones left, although as mentioned above even the 8' is sketchy sometimes.

I presume the devs are working on the European venues at the mo, they're a small team so it's understandable that they focus in one direction at a time. But, this has been an issue for months now and we haven't seen a word of acknowledgement despite numerous complaints.

I'd rather they remove them if they aren't going to fix them tbh, as people are just wasting money/baitcoins buying them as it stands.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not trying to sound snarky at you guys or anything so apologies but perhaps its because they acknowledged this when it happened? I guess we'll know in a couple weeks when they patch it. Being a physics issue it likely takes a full title update to patch it and not just a little hotfix they can roll out anytime. Pretty likely they'll tighten it up.  

27 minutes ago, Jeff1210 said:

Not trying to sound snarky at you guys or anything so apologies but perhaps its because they acknowledged this when it happened? I guess we'll know in a couple weeks when they patch it. Being a physics issue it likely takes a full title update to patch it and not just a little hotfix they can roll out anytime. Pretty likely they'll tighten it up.  

Can you please show me evidence of their acknowledgement of this issue? I must have missed something.

Thank you so much @Jeff1210 - I appreciate the link. Yes, I was aware of the post you’ve shared. Just to clarify, my issue is not simply a preferential dislike of the crankbaits physics as was mentioned in the aforementioned thread, for example “slow diving time”, “inaccurate max depth”, or any of the other preference issues.

You didn’t come across snarky whatsoever. In my view, we are comparing apples to oranges when we are speaking about disliking the way a crankbait performs pre/post patch versus the high likelihood of losing baits due to a glitch. I’ve had crankbaits that cost me a number of baitcoins, be taken away due to this glitch. I’ve completely stopped using crankbaits that dive below 8’ due to the glitch I’ve referenced.

Please don’t take my response as directed in a negative way toward you, as I sincerely appreciate the conversation on the subject, and the mind manner which you entered the conversation. All things considered, I just see a distinction between what I’m asking for and the acknowledgement of the performance preferences.

Violentvole will certainly  do a much better job explaining his perspective if he chooses to do so. Put me in front of a crowd with a live mic and I’ll do a fantastic job of oration - put a keyboard or a pen in my hand, and I never feel confident in expressing my thoughts.

Edited by ctxsportsvoice

All good man I'm kind of the opposite I type things out better than I talk. Prolly faster too lol. Anyways I just figured that patch thread as I read it was them saying "hey, we know there is physics problems now well fix it. " Then clarified further with saying they wont roll it back they'll just fix it. Since the majority of physics issues are crankbait related I figure they pretty much covered it. I can't disagree that it'd be nice to get an update, just wanted to point out they definitely know the problems are there. Blood pressures seemed to be getting a little high I think.

As far as I know here's some of what's going on.

1.Physics/Bug fixes, next patch 

2.New content development. ( water, gear, boats, etc )

3.Xbone port.

It takes triple A game teams with million dollar budgets 6 months to a year or even two to polish a game up nice these days, let alone porting to a new console (which is often even outsourced now ) and FRESH content. (not cut from game or locked on disc for use as dlc ) This team has 5 programmers in the credits. 5 . Even the godly Spurs in their hayday couldn't win with 5 people. (though Duncan counted as 2 or 3 at times lol )

In my opinion, the community as a whole just gotta relax a little bit. Its easier on everyone. Wait it out for the next patch and see what happens. That's right around the 6 month mark give or take a week or two which will be pretty damn good for getting a patch out if it has even some of what they have mentioned. I couldn't make a board game in 6 months with 5 people, let alone recode the physics within the Unity engine which is notorious for having certain quirks about it. Lots of games in that engine have weird issues pop up.

Regarding support team showing up in that thread, that's what they're there for. Remember that they are not the dev team. Dev team is in crunch time right now I imagine with patch release imminent. Even large team crunch time involves 80 hour weeks and such. Devs are prolly happy to just sleep in their own bed at night let alone come on here and read a ton of people bringing up old stuff lol. That's if they even speak English to begin with.

They love the game more than we do, that's why they made it with 5 programmers and 25 or so other people. A niche game besides, its not even a shooter or MOBA or something. If I got 30 people together and said "hey people lets make a game to get rich!" would fishing be anywhere near the top 10 ? fat chance.

Anyways people will do what they want. In my opinion ill just see what happens with patch. If they don't fix it or update then, then riot. lol.

CTX im sendin you a message on ps4 I might have an idea for you regarding your glitch losses. Scratch that...rejected! lol

Edited by Jeff1210
  • Like 1

Hey Jeff,

You didn't come across as narky at all. I was fully aware of that thread too, I recall reading it almost as soon as it was posted if memory serves.

You've obviously read the thread so I won't repeat myself.

Your comments regarding a small team are spot on - we all know this. And although it may seem otherwise, I actually love this game ( I'm not getting into semantics here - it is a game ) and the main reason complaints are posted is because cranks were really dialled in at one point. Then....the change occurred quite some time ago with whatever update it was.

If you break something, it is reversible when it comes to coding. Ming vases or hymens notsomuch.

We have all adapted to other methods and avoid cranks like the plague, but the player who's just hit level 17 (?) and unlocked cranks doesn't know the issues exist and spend cash/baitcoins that could profitably be used elsewhere. And we are still losing cranks to invisible ' things ' on the odd occasion we do try them.

I would rather see them disabled until they're fixed.Yes, they will presumably fix them, but it's a fix that should have taken priority over new venues and boats imho.

All we wanted was an acknowledgement of the issue rather than a generic statement and we would have been mollified, remember this has been going on for months now.

I'm still playing damn near everyday and have spent more than I care to remember on the game. I don't regret a single penny, they deserve it for bringing such an awesome game our way.

I appreciate the game has to move forward ( see the amount of sullen, monosyllabic level 40s ingame now [ I have a thread planned on that ] who barely say a word or answer questions compared to September/October ), but the game should NOT move forward at the expense of the current available content.

I know/knew several people who have given up, people who would otherwise be spending money. Myself, I refuse to visit Alberta and Alaska anymore. Things like that lead to an exponential gossip tree...

I sincerely hope you're right about the next big update fixing cranks. I fear it may be too little too late for some of their big spenders though.

But, I'll still be clicking on that DLC as soon as it's live. The game is too awesome to leave over one issue when there are alternatives that can be used effectively.

I have no idea what the demographic for this game is, I tend to see mostly 30+ so that would go some way to keeping a playerbase I guess, we arent all ' instant action ' hyped teens. I'm just a tad discombobulated how the issue mentioned can be an issue for so long with no specific " we're on it " statement, especially after the Vampire Gar fiasco when they were indeed, ' on it '.

I probably sound like I hate the game, far from it. I'm not privy to the day to day decisions the devs have to make, so if right now Europe is the thing to push next...great. But, new venues won't do much if people are quitting out of frustration over an issue that has been very well made known.

My congrats on a well presented and thought out post though, it is my pleasure to converse with people who take the time to express themselves well and present a valid and arguable opinion.

Could be worse, could be CoD ;-)

• Like 1