Bounty Hunter Achievement - The Fisherman

This is reference to The Fisherman - Fishing Planet. I'm looking for some information on how to complete this challenge/achievement.

"Bounty Hunter - Caught each of existing form of regular fish in the game"

According to the in-game challenge tracker, there are a total of 375 fish that need to be caught. My progress shows 321/375. I have created a list of the fish that I 'think' I still need to catch, but I have no way to know how accurate it is. I do know that it doesn't equal 375.

I have not been able to figure out a way to accurately track this. There doesn't seem to be a place that will show if you have caught young, common, trophy, and unique versions of a species, only the largest fish of each species.

From the achievement description "regular fish in the game", I don't think this includes monster fish or special event fish. It wouldn't add up if it did. Besides, The Fisherman does not have any of the monster fish from Blue Crab Island, and the European/South American waterways.

Is there some place I can see each species I caught, and the size of each (young, common, trophy, unique)?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by lcheevers

From the Global (at home) map select a destination, then select the FISH SPECIES tab which will show all the fish at that waterway. Under the picture of the fish you will have the name of the fish and under the name you will have the sizes of that fish (Young, Common, Trophy and Unique). The sizes of the ones you have caught will appear white, while the ones you haven't caught yet will appear grey.

(I don't own The Fisherman, but it should be the same).    

5 hours ago, PH_Carpman99 said:

From the Global (at home) map select a destination, then select the FISH SPECIES tab which will show all the fish at that waterway. Under the picture of the fish you will have the name of the fish and under the name you will have the sizes of that fish (Young, Common, Trophy and Unique). The sizes of the ones you have caught will appear white, while the ones you haven't caught yet will appear grey.

(I don't own The Fisherman, but it should be the same).    

Sadly, that fish highlight feature is bugged, at least on Xbox.

Many fish sizes and species will never highlight, no matter how manly times I catch them.

Thanks for your responses. 

Carpman - I wasn't aware that those sizes changed when you caught of the fish. Thank you.

Tonto - I play on Xbox, and the bug exists. I tested this last night on 2 different species at 2 different locations, all of which, I know I have caught.

Since I can't find a definitive guide on which fish are required, and how to complete this achievement, it must either be bugged, or nearly impossible to complete.