Halloween lures

weeksy

Last year I bought one of the Halloween packs that had "all you required to complete the Halloween challenge" but it did not include the Roach spoon and Spider spoon. These spoons didn't turn up in the tombstones until the last couple of days. It would seem that they are as elusive as last year. Anyone got one from a tombstone yet or am I just unlucky???

There hasn't been anything for me to do on Halloween for a couple of years now so I'm not on everyday and I didn't notice an update for FP either so I think they just turned the event from last year back on, which would mean they're probably going to be just as rare unless the adjust it. I've made a few runs just out of curiosity and haven't seen any of either one, mostly slimy cranks and blade spinners with a couple of bony shads appearing last night.

Too bad they're still not giftable either, I have lots of both from previous years.

• Like 1

Don't believe I have gotten either of these lures this year either(not 100% sure), running around raiding tombs(tones) and smashing pumpkins for the required cauldron ingredients is my main focus - "oh look some more maggots!", also have quite a few stockpiled from previous events. 

Sounds like you got the DIY potion making kit instead of the Creepy lures bundle which has those (Roach and Spider spoons) lures included.

• Like 1

Got a new account when I got a ps5 and have really enjoyed being able to do all the challenges again without always having to catch the biggest fish in the game, but I'm sure the spoons won't show up until the last couple of days no matter how many tombstones you visit.

• Like 1

Still nothing here, I've been doing all of the travelling every day just for curiosity sake and because I can afford it, but haven't seen either spoon. I'll probably leave out Blue Crab for the rest of the event because my plane crashes every time I try to land there on PS4 and last night I got a candle end, bat wing, and jawbone after restarting.

I took a look at that pack that includes the two spoons and it really isn't that bad of a deal for 99 baitcoins. Back when they were sold individually at the in game shop the slimy crank alone was 47 and you would only get one, not three. Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, kdog013 said:

Still nothing here, I've been doing all of the travelling every day just for curiosity sake and because I can afford it, but haven't seen either spoon. I'll probably leave out Blue Crab for the rest of the event because my plane crashes every time I try to land there on PS4 and last night I got a candle end, bat wing, and jawbone after restarting.

I took a look at that pack that includes the two spoons and it really isn't that bad of a deal for 99 baitcoins. Back when they were sold individually at the in game shop the slimy crank alone was 47 and you would only get one, not three. Just my 2 cents.

I concur and will add my 2 cents.  Whoever is missing the spoons should spend the 99 baitcoins.  Past years experience tells me that the probability of finding them on a waterway are nil. That is the way things are in the current state with FP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ended up getting just two spider spoons and zero roach spoons after all that travelling. When I looked at my inventory I noticed that they only give you one now when you find them in the pumpkins and tombstones, for spoons and spinners they used to give you a pack of five.

I also didn't see any skull or pumpkin bobbers and am curious if you guys found any or if they were removed.

Ah ok, that's why the bobbers aren't in the pumpkins and tombstones anymore, thanks @weeksy. With the lures we used to get the same amount as if we were buying them from the shop, spoons and spinners at 5 and soft plastics at 10 each time.

I used to have a lot more than 108 roaches but I used them to try for the rod breaker challenge at one point, equipping them to a value spin I believe. I never did get level 3, there was always one cast where the rod just didn't break lol.

Indeed, that would explain their (the bobbers) no show. 

In regards to the rod breaker challenge Kdog,

Spoiler

I used the cheapest float rod available, a much heavier matched reel and line, a 1/0 standard hook and a large minnow for the bait down at Lonestar (utilising the free travel to get more sacrificial rods of course). A successful full manual cast would do the trick. There are now even heavier baits in the game.   

It's the reel breaker challenge that I haven't got around to yet.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:07 PM, kdog013 said:

Ah ok, that's why the bobbers aren't in the pumpkins and tombstones anymore, thanks @weeksy. With the lures we used to get the same amount as if we were buying them from the shop, spoons and spinners at 5 and soft plastics at 10 each time.

I used to have a lot more than 108 roaches but I used them to try for the rod breaker challenge at one point, equipping them to a value spin I believe. I never did get level 3, there was always one cast where the rod just didn't break lol.

The best way to complete the rod breaker challenge is to use a light feeder rod with a heavy sinker and break 3 quiver tips with 3 casts on each rod. Taking 3 similar feeder rods to lone star and you will do it.  That is how I completed it

Edited by Tonto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1