leaders question

green777

Hi does anyone know, i use leaders  when i fish for Pike and muskie, but im told they do nothing and are a waste of time. and you never get the line bitten off, is this true or has the player just been totally lucky, Mainly told this when players get uni's. i thought this gme was supposed to be realistic, as eg pike have 700 teeth so you would expect some lines to get bitten off. Thank you for your input

There was a time when you couldn't be bitten off by any fish, maybe they are referring to then.  You can use a heavier line or leader to stop being bitten off (at least for the smaller ones) but there are plenty of sad stories of how someone lost their favourite golem lure because they didn't attach a titanium leader. 

I agree with Carpman99. Fortunately, I still have my Golem lure, but I have lost a few X-Series lures to Gar and Muskie. I now use titanium leader anytime I fish for these guys.

It doesn't happen all of the time, but often enough. Better safe than sorry.