Sign in to follow this  
Guest evan

Tackle Weight too heavy

Guest evan

hi I'm quite new to this game and I'm having trouble putting on shiners too my line it says the tackle is too heavy and might break, how do I change this?

I'm rocking a telefloat 21' 3" rod, callistoXSR 1400 reel, monno .008 line , chubby float, #6 hook.

Help would be very appreciated, thankyou

Ok, what are you fishing for?  It's the chubby float + the shiner that is making the game say that. Don't worry too much about it as if any damage is caused it will be minimal. If it's cats you are after try using small and medium cutbait. If you are after bowfin, then you should really get a Fenix 12 10.

• Thanks 1

okay, its the fishing rod that is the problem then?-also where would I get the fenix 12 10 exactly?

and its the bowfin ive been after

Edited by evan

The fenix is available in the main shop. It will depend on your level as to whether you can get it. It is twelve foot ten inches or two meters twenty if you're in metric.

oh okay I see it now, level 24. so should I be waiting until later on for fishing with heavy bait?

however I do see channel catfish in the starter pond but never seem to catch full grown ones just young, any tips on that?

Edited by evan