End of the road.

Violentvole

I shall start by saying I absolutely love this game. I've spent an obscene amount of money on it and have no shame in saying so. I've made some amazing friends and had some amazing times.

The devs listened and fixed our issues, it was the perfect game. But, sometime around October/November, we had an update that broke the crankbaits. The staple lure of the game up until then that anyone could use. To this day, we can't even get an acknowledgement that the crankbaits are well and truly broken. We had the terrible Halloween event where the devs still interacted with us and despite all our complaints insisted that things were ' working as intended '.

The Xmas event was brilliant and seemed to indicate that they'd changed their outlook somewhat, then the Rowdies and Lepers came along and we were back to October Halloween gar levels again.

While I'll stick with the game and think it's brilliant because I'm a lifelong angler, I stopped spending money a long time ago apart from keeping Premium going. I see my friends all around me quitting and deleting.

And why?

Because not only are reported issues being fixed, they're not even being acknowledged.

We asked for cranks to be fixed - we're getting lake maps, markers and the priveledge of paying for home storage of the tackle we've spent all our money on.

I see people leaving day after day, I chat to randoms who all share the same frustrations.

I cannot justify spending anymore money on this game, and if their superfan is thinking along those lines, how do they expect a casual player to spend anything? 

I'll give it a year, maybe 18 months. When the people leave then the money goes with them - no more game. It's already well underway on another FTP game I frequent. Can hardly get a game due to the devs not listening to the players.

We can make suggestions and it's up to the devs whether they follow them up or not, but to report issues and be told things are " working as intended " when they clearly aren't, to report a major issue and not get one word of acknowledgement, to spend thousands on tackle and be charged to store it in the next update..

I am perilously close to jacking it in like all the other guys.

And yet it's such an awesome game.

I dunno, I love fishing but I don't like being screwed over. Apparently, cranks on PC work fine. But we all know they don't on PS4. And we can't get a single word on the subject, after they altered the mechanics. Not even an acknowledgement that there are issues.

Until the issues are sorted, no more money from me. And you're hemmorhaging players every day.

I can't help but wonder where you took a wrong turn FP?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I imagine Sony hasnt yet approved it . It takes roughly 1 month after they receive patch for Sony to ok it. I really hope it brings some kinda joy back into game . I know it dont add much but if some of the mechanics are better maybe some of the competitions will be better.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Violentvole said:

<snip> to spend thousands on tackle and be charged to store it in the next update..

Whoa, whoa, wait... I was thinking about maybe buying the pro angler pack mostly cause of the betters rods/reels and a bigger keepnet. But you're saying I would be charged every update to store this extra stuff if I were to buy it? Charged real money or game credits? O.o

18 hours ago, Violentvole said:

I shall start by saying I absolutely love this game. I've spent an obscene amount of money on it and have no shame in saying so. I've made some amazing friends and had some amazing times.

The devs listened and fixed our issues, it was the perfect game. But, sometime around October/November, we had an update that broke the crankbaits. The staple lure of the game up until then that anyone could use. To this day, we can't even get an acknowledgement that the crankbaits are well and truly broken. We had the terrible Halloween event where the devs still interacted with us and despite all our complaints insisted that things were ' working as intended '.

The Xmas event was brilliant and seemed to indicate that they'd changed their outlook somewhat, then the Rowdies and Lepers came along and we were back to October Halloween gar levels again.

While I'll stick with the game and think it's brilliant because I'm a lifelong angler, I stopped spending money a long time ago apart from keeping Premium going. I see my friends all around me quitting and deleting.

And why?

Because not only are reported issues being fixed, they're not even being acknowledged.

We asked for cranks to be fixed - we're getting lake maps, markers and the priveledge of paying for home storage of the tackle we've spent all our money on.

I see people leaving day after day, I chat to randoms who all share the same frustrations.

I cannot justify spending anymore money on this game, and if their superfan is thinking along those lines, how do they expect a casual player to spend anything? 

I'll give it a year, maybe 18 months. When the people leave then the money goes with them - no more game. It's already well underway on another FTP game I frequent. Can hardly get a game due to the devs not listening to the players.

We can make suggestions and it's up to the devs whether they follow them up or not, but to report issues and be told things are " working as intended " when they clearly aren't, to report a major issue and not get one word of acknowledgement, to spend thousands on tackle and be charged to store it in the next update..

I am perilously close to jacking it in like all the other guys.

And yet it's such an awesome game.

I dunno, I love fishing but I don't like being screwed over. Apparently, cranks on PC work fine. But we all know they don't on PS4. And we can't get a single word on the subject, after they altered the mechanics. Not even an acknowledgement that there are issues.

Until the issues are sorted, no more money from me. And you're hemmorhaging players every day.

I can't help but wonder where you took a wrong turn FP?

Oct/Nov patch was with topwater physics system. And it wasn't perfect (but a lot of players even not notice it). With the new update, a crankbait behavior is fixed. Most of the players I've been asked told me everything is ok with crankbaits. We still working on polishing topwater tackles, but crankbaits? 

About bugs have not fixed and "not even acknowledged". We create special support form to grab direct bugs submission to us. It's more fast and efficient way to send us reports. 
And about not fixed - we have a bug tracker. With about 600-700 bugs nailed and fixed since only Aug. Most of physics related are fixed with new physics update - like rubber line, rod tip behavior, crankbaits dive speed, technique detection etc.

So if you still have problems with a crankbait - please, describe it here in details and we will fix it. 

• Like 4

Oh my. Are you saying you aren't aware of the crankbait issue on PS4?

From what I hear, they're fine on PC. On PS4 they've been broken since..November? Only the 3, 6 and 8 foot cranks are any use. There have been numerous posts, pleas and videos on here, although I appreciate the team will not necessarily see them. 

I know you've fixed countless glitches and bugs, but to have - what was - the staple lure of the game unusable and claiming not to be aware of it is stretching belief a little given the timeframe of 4 or 5 months. But, if you say they've been fixed in the new update then I'll take your word for it. In the meantime, all you have to do is play the game on a PS4 ( not a dev kit on PC ) and use a 12 foot or deeper crankbait to see what we mean, they all just scrape the bottom regardless of depth of venue. And a lot of us fish for real so aren't using 30 foot cranks in 6 foot deep venues. If you really want to experience some of our PS4 issues, go to Alberta and use cranks.

Between hooking invisible birds in the air, getting snagged in the air and having invisible fish drag you out of the lake and up the mountain, it's a major problem, all of which result in losing a crankbait we paid for. Note that it doesn't happen with jigs/spinners/spoons, just cranks.

I'm sorry to sound so negative but I'm just stating facts which I've both seen and experienced firsthand. It's good to hear that you're willing to work on these things. I look forward to the future and new things to do in the game and I haven't, and will never, say negative things just for the sake of it. But the fact is, at the moment a hell of a lot of high level players who all spend ( or spent! ) money are leaving everyday.

There don't even seem to be that many left on the forum who can relate their crankbait woes now, but here's your chance guys.

I'll always keep the game to chill out with because it's superb. I know nothing is as simple as reading a post and changing the code in 2 minutes flat to accomodate a persons wishes, and hopefully now you're aware that us PS4 users have a major problem you can get it fixed. Couple that with improving the events as you indicate in the other thread and that may well turn the tide and bring people back.

Thanks for the replies and good luck KW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Violentvole said:

Between hooking invisible birds in the air, getting snagged in the air and having invisible fish drag you out of the lake and up the mountain, it's a major problem, all of which result in losing a crankbait we paid for. Note that it doesn't happen with jigs/spinners/spoons, just cranks.

I had the mountain thing happen to me, so I just restarted the game so I wouldn't lose my crank bait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We kinda sat it out to see what would happen. It is an absolutely hilarious glitch - when it's happening to someone else and you're watching. I paddled closer to be able to see better..

The issue is bigger than just cranks, but KW indicated in the other thread that they'll look at the events, so that's a start.

If they rework the events and fix cranks, there's two major bugbears sorted right there. But, they seem unaware of the crankbait issue right now ( although KW says they've fixed the crank issue they were not aware of in the next update - go figure ), and most of the vocal people have left the game and forum which will lead to a lack of testimonies.

I'm trying to be constructive and point out why people are leaving while not being excessively negative. It's up to them if they act on it or not.

But, when people leave, the money obviously leaves too.

I've watched another amazing FTP game die a death. I'd hate to see it happen to this one. But, it will unless they listen to the playerbase. Actually, it's happening right now. From a group that took up three rooms with 15+ players in party at Xmas, now it's just me and Jim still playing. That was less than 3 months ago, and now we're down to two.

I hope they can turn it around, I really do.

• Like 2

I have been snagged in the air with a spoon before actually... once or twice I have casted out and all of a sudden the spoon took off in a wierd direction and ended up landing either beside me or behind me with the "unsuccessful cast" message. I haven't actually lost a spoon because of it though. Guess I will continue to avoid crankbaits!

• Developers

There are so many different variables when it comes to experiencing bugs to fixing it. Things vary from user to user, on PC it varies even more due to the amount of different specs and software people have. 
If you find a bug or a glitch, please make sure to email about it to support@fishingplanet.com 

Do not forget to include as much info as possible - console/PC, crash file when on PC, video clips & screenshots to help to visualise the issue, what gear were you using or what steps did you take to have this issue. The more info you can forward, the easier it is to locate things that are not working as intended. 

Just a little tip :)

• Like 4

I see what you mean by lack of updates and changes however I don’t put all the blame on the devs I think yes they should implement a big system on the game so players can easily report bugs on the game in game.      And secondly I somewhat blame the console    When a dev releases an update on pc it’s easy however consoles creators (Sony they have to verify the update is 1 safe 2 won’t break damage hardware 3 cause any problems in network or overall system 

see what i mean that the xmas event brought all together and devs most serious do something to bring us together.  Violentvole was a huge advocate and loved to socialize with the best of us.  He found more in the game than just fishing . Yes we are fishing but what we create socially the bond the fun and sharing the experience with each other as we go through the journey is way more valuable then creating lures or even a knew fishing spot.   Devs dont look past that the fact that what we share with each other with are friends is way more valuable then any game can create.   The heart of this game is the experience we share with each other. So in my eyes screw the new lakes and what ever u are working on but dont forget that people like violentvole freindshps  is far better then some game can ever be. 

Edited by tombomb79
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Violentvole said:

I'm done, deleted the game. Tight lines all, it was a pleasure to spend time and chat with all the guys I met. Fond memories of the Xmas event, never laughed so hard!

Will look back in at some point during the future for sure.

Did the same thing a few weeks back. I have no justifiable reason to support this game any further with my time, money, or recommendation. If I could change any decision I made in regard to FP it would be to have went with the PC version instead of the PS4.

Best wishes Violentvole!

Hello everyone, I don't recall ever posting anything before but felt the need to chime in. I have only ever played on the PS4. 

I love fishing in real life. I take my son and head about 5 minutes to the local lake almost every weekend. Stocked Rainbows are all we have ever caught, but I've heard rumors there are LMB. Many a afternoon we have sat there for a few hours and caught absolutely nothing and enjoyed every minute. Afterall, "A bad day of fishing is still a good day". 

My point I suppose is that even with bugs; Lures that don't work properly, a couple of events that fall short of enjoyable, stretched fish and hats and probably a boat load of other issues I haven't listed. It's still a fantastic game. It takes time from a point when a bug is found and reported to fixed and implemented. There are many new additions coming to the game in the near future and typically with new content being released, issues are fixed. I understand the feeling that your complaints are falling on deaf ears but I imagine it's quite the opposite. 

It's sad to see a lot of people, the constant back bones of the game leaving due to small issues. I say small compared to the masterpiece that Fishing Planet is. 

Ultimately, the best batters strike out and heavy weight champions get knocked down but they can get back up and perform better then ever. Be patient, it will get better and with change and determination it will be better then ever. 

Remember, A bad day of fishing is still a good day. Tight Lines folks

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/23/2018 at 2:48 AM, Violentvole said:

I'm done, deleted the game. Tight lines all, it was a pleasure to spend time and chat with all the guys I met. Fond memories of the Xmas event, never laughed so hard!

Will look back in at some point during the future for sure.

2021 - 3 years since the beginning of this feed. Are there still active developers? Is the game worth reporting? Sander Baggersee was the biggest disappointment ive seen in the game other than 10,000 credit fines. 

If only I knew about this before pumping money into DLC's and Premium. 

As I see it, as long as the money keeps showing up, the developers aren't pushed to clean up the game.  Indeed, they have done some repairs on Fishing Planet and I have no idea what those entail.

Everyone has something to complain about when it comes to FP (Original) but please think of this before you whine too much. There is a game that the owner doesn't have to do anything at all. They don't have to do any updates, DLCs absolutely nothing for the players.... Just take our money and smile.  That would be "The Fisherman - Fishing Planet".  ELU requires nothing from Big Ben.  I have been playing for a while and spent some dollars for a game that kicks me out (black screen of ahcrap), breaks down my rigs when I leave (Remove line, leader, hook and bait) and has hesitations that can last over 3 seconds.... No Snakeheads available, to mention a few.  As for contacting support.... tried and failed and/or just brushed off with a quick reply... not our fault, something you did caused it, or something along those lines.

When it comes down to it, I do enjoy the game and have some very nice friends that have helped me out and made me the gamer I am... sort of... OK... they assisted me immensely and I can not thank them enough. I bought the disc and once you open the case...It is yours. People have asked me about the game and if I would recommend it.  While I would not, but should you buy it... here are some major problems you will face.... Not going into it, Read the book when it comes out.  It makes no economic sense to aggravate (make angry) the customers, they don't like it... Rather think this way...Happy customers will do more for your business and pull in others...ie. more money...

Just my point of view...but what could I know. Me just the moron that typed this...

Tight lines for all.