Christy

Is Fishing Planet losing players

7 hours ago, cakejragen said:

Right, Kylerobz....that's another issue I see alot.  Being as I've been stuck at Emerald Lake from 10-25 or spending the entire day tryna to catch 40 fish to break even anywhere else...I see tons of level 5s show up and hook fish that they luckily land but can't keep because their net won't hold it.

but we're talking about peanuts at a circus.   There are some significantly more vast issues at play - Such as insanely high travel/license fees for lower priced fish...the EXP!! This isn't Runescape....Not be able to put a sinker or a bobber on a casting/spinning rod? Have you ever gone fishing, bottom rods aren't even a real thing..   

I'm ALL FOR A GRIND!  but the irrationalities are what has turned a days grind into a weeks grind...and it does it to ever..single..player.   Maybe list on your game that you can't a bobber on a spinning rod...'cuz out here in reality you very easily can, clips right on there.

I think the cash/xp is reflected on the game as a whole once you do get to max level it wouldnt make sence for the lower level fish to be worth more otherwise it would make it pointless to go to the higher waterways to fish. As for gear the low level gear does work well in alot of waterways,there is actualy only a hand full of fish that require the overpowered rods to tackle them eg: muski, chinooks, catfish, sturgeon. The nets are abit of an issue in my eyes as all low level players as you mentioned dont think about consiquences of traveling they just want to catch a variaty of fish and for people that can only play for a couple of hours find even if they stay at a waterway there full net doesnt cover the licence cost to pay the next time they play.

Oh and bottom rods are of corse a real thing 😅 im from england and fished since i was a kid and seen many different setups all through the range of what we have ingame (oviously can add different rigs to certain types though) and did comercial sea fishing up until about 2 years ago, the sea rods we used for pleasure fishing while we would be waiting for the water level to rise to be able to re enter the docks are pritty much a bottom rod (big hook big sinker big bait.

Oh yeh and my friend sent me an few images while the aniversary tourny qualifiers was on from russia using bottom rods that looked like he had taken them out the game with him 😅 so guessing there actualy a thing in other countries to

Edited by kylerobz
  • Like 1

bottom rods are real in England they r called ledger rods and over here we do not use spinning rods or casting rods as float rods and I was a real life match fisherman for over 30 yrs so I know what im on about maybe in America it is different I don't know but we use our rods what they are designed for . and as for the rest this is a micro transaction game and moaning about it will not change it to your favour as they have to make cash so just deal with it like everyone else has to .  THE FISHERMAN  comes out soon so maybe try that instead if u r unhappy with this game 

Edited by BobNudd10

42 minutes ago, BobNudd10 said:

bottom rods are real in England they r called ledger rods and over here we do not use spinning rods or casting rods as float rods and I was a real life match fisherman for over 30 yrs so I know what im on about maybe in America it is different I don't know but we use our rods what they are designed for . and as for the rest this is a micro transaction game and moaning about it will not change it to your favour as they have to make cash so just deal with it like everyone else has to .  THE FISHERMAN  comes out soon so maybe try that instead if u r unhappy with this game 

I think what hes getting at is that altho the rod is used for a certain type of fishing theres nothing in real life to stop you from putting something else on the end like a magnet when you drop ur keys down the drain or a kite to get it higher than everybody elses 😅, however what cakejragen needs to realise is if there wasnt restrictions within the game on what can be atached there would be no point in different fishing rods other than lenghs and weights which would be pointless to the game

So just a quik number crunch based on my sons level and gear as it stands now,

Level 25 with a nero and breamer 12lb setup, jigwinner and breamer 12lb setup, 110lb and max fish 33lb stringer. Hes in florida and hopefully gona stay there for a while so within 20-30 mins real time he can fill the net and get around 8000-8500 per game day minus 1000 for each game day he plays. Hes roughly playing for around an hour a day so making 14k-21k each time he plays. The next real day he needs to buy a licence which is 4k so still in profit by 10k-17k plus plenty of experience and having alot of fun. Yes theres still a long way to go until he can earn big xp and hit the big waterways but in the time it takes is able to learn alot about the game mechanics so even without my help he will have more of an understanding of what is needed to make trips worth while. Go to florida and forget about your level and just have fun and learn before you know it you will be at a stage where there is no grind and no need to put your hand in your pocket either

it just boils down to this for me I don't think anyone can have the right to moan about playing the best online fishing game by far when u r playing it for free . on the other hand I think you have every right to moan when u r paying for premium and dlc . just my opinion 

• Like 1

You see i never paid a penny the 1st couple of months of ps4 release, i made so many mistakes as all have and then some, having no clue the game had been out for pc 2 years before or the fact there was guides on youtube to help. But by level around level 33 34 i had enjoyed michagen so much i decided to buy a dlc of around 35 40 pounds which i would most definatly of payed for the game from a shop, only difference being it was free to download so like a try before you buy in a way. The fact is its mainly all the people that are complaining are less than level 30 claiming they put more hours in than most to progress. More time is needed to give judgement as i mentioned the cash and xp is far greater as they progress then all that is left to grind is cash for new gear if wanted. Unless they were like us that wanted to fish russia and uk which a few days of sturgeon soon sorts out😉

All free games works like this: if you want to play without spending money, it will take longer to reach your goals, if you spend money, you will walk faster...all " free" are like that....these type of games are built in such way that in certain point you end up spending some money

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cakejragen said:

The current version attracts players because it's free.

Every room at lone star is full...maybe 2 people per room in Alberta.

Clearly we're losing people somewhere along the lines....is it Baitcoin related?  That'd be synonymous with a grind to get any amount of currency, even for traveling.

Pretty sure the loss of players is because of what I've said.  I don't talk to hear myself talk - I talk because there are issues to be addressed.    Every level 5 go Emerald Lake and is now broke and can't catch a fish.  Back to Texas for legitimately 100 bass to get the gear and travel fee to go back to Emerald...Hopefully you never go to Mudwater in that time or you'll go broke again.

Then you get to Emerald and it's lit...so you go to Rock/Falcon and there is no money to be made...you've lost your travel/license fee...Back to Texas for 30 bass to get to Emerald...Florida opens up and everyone says that's where the money is....It's not more money than Emerald, though it is more fun....so you stay in Florida CATCHING BASS for 6 hrs to break even and not lose your travel/license fee...then it's back to emerald....and Alberta opens up, and it's not more money than Emerald and it's eating your level 20 gear up..

That's where I am.   I'm still going to play the game, because it's fun in small increments...but it's not something that is going to get my "Recommendation" to friends...In fact, the recommendations I made from levels 1-20, to my friends, I've since rescinded. 

Hmm, interesting.

It's been a long time since I did the 1-40 grind so maybe things have changed somewhat? But I had none of the issues you mention above. I caught fish everywhere I went and made money on all venues. I did acquire all unlimited licences pretty quickly I admit though.

However, messing around with the missions recently I've been to pretty much every venue in NA again - even those low value ones - and encouragingly, there are newbies at all of them at various levels of advancement.

I'm not discounting or denying your opinion in any way, nor am I being argumentative. I just see loads of people climbing the ranks wherever I go in NA which leads me to the opinion that, while some people have moved on, there are loads still coming through and we have a very healthy playerbase.

How many stay the course we have no way of knowing. But, seeing as there are loads of upper 40s with no rank, that would indicate that they've stayed the course and avoided or circumvented the pitfalls of the early game that you mention, even if things have changed since the days when I was on the grind.

IMO the playerbase seems fine now, so we'll have to agree to disagree my friend. Thanks for an interesting reply 🙂

Texas.... $150 a pop......free travel....$200 license....common fish, no trophies.
Mudwater....$250 a pop....$1800 travel...$400 license.... trophy+ sizes only
Emerald... $350 a pop...$2350 travel....$600 license.... trophy+ sizes only
Colorado....$375 a pop....$2850 travel...$900 license.....trophy+ sizes only
North Carolina...$500 a pop...$3300 Travel...$1100 license.....trophy+ sizes only
Oregon....$600 a pop....$4900 travel.........$2000 license...trophy+ sizes only
Florida...$700 a pop...$7500 travel....$4000 license...trophy+ sizes only (forgetting 50lb snook that level 18 gear can't even catch)
Alberta...$800 a pop...$7800 travel...$4000 license..trophy+ sizes only (forgetting about 50lb trout that level 22 gear can't catch)

Let's take Mudwater vs Emerald...$250 a pop to $350 a pop and $2200 total to $2950 total, respectively...  Mudwater pays 75% as much, and costs 75% as much to travel.
Emerald and Colorado....Emerald fish pay 93% as much as Colorado fish, but traveling to emerald only costs 75% as much.
Colorado to North Carolina....Colorado fish pay 75% as much and the travel cost is 54% less.

Let's compare Emerald to Alberta... if a fish out of Emerald pays $350 and a fish out of Alberta pays $800 then the Emerald fish is worth 43% as much as the Alberta fish.
but when we look at travel....Emerald costs $2950, Alberta costs $11,800....I don't think that's 43%....no, no it's not..it's more like...25%.

The game is designed so that you go broke...I haven't even taken into account that the $/lb is plummeting.  That $800 Alberta fish is 20lbs and the Emerald fish is 5lbs.   You'd imagine the Emerald fish, at 1/4th the weight, would only be worth 1/4th the money, but it's miraculously worth nearly 50% of the money.  It's designed to get you hooked then jab you for money...
We're talking about 6 fish at Alberta, in 20 minutes fyi....gotta wait 2 hrs for another skip day... for $5k....or 25 fish in Emerald, in about an hour, only gotta wait an hour for a skip-day, for $8.5k.... 

So Alberta's 6 fish in 20 minutes for $5k is more money per hour, unless you factor in travel/license and time spent waiting for skips so you can fish again.

It's just a huge, mathematical fallacy.  Openly improper design unless the entire purpose is to get people interested, hey this game is lit i'm going to the next lake...niiiceeee, i'm going to the next one...then decimate your cash stack at the new lake...with the intention of trying to sell you a $10 computer game for $50 on xBox.
and i'd be more than willing to pay $10 or even $50 if that would correct the mathematical incoherence....but that's not what it does.  Even if you buy the game for $50, it's still a huge cluster fuck.

As well, here in America, we try to encourage the production of adequate products...there are various poles, and some are designed for fishing "deep" in the ocean, for various fish species and sizes...but every lake your fishing in the US map you would be using a spinning rod/reel combo for $50....and it'll catch 50lb fish.  for $100 you catch 100lb fish.  
Y'all got bottom reels too?  Why don't the game gott'm?..

Don't get me wrong, it's legitimately a fun game...and it'd be worth money if it wasn't nonsense.  I'm not talking about the prices of equipment, supply and demand so be it, I'm talking about Next Level Shit being less valuable than Previous Level Shit.   Like WoW calling it an x-pac when really it's a nerf and a map.
     Like if I grind out Metal 1 in DCUO and the gear is lower CR than Atlantis.  or if I grind out 71 fishing on runescape, and the shark heals less HP than the Lobster at 41.  or if I grind out Frost Prime on Warframe and it's worse than Frost.  

Edited by cakejragen

Cake, while I admire your dedication and spare time, I can only say what I see. And that is lots of players with no rank at mid to high levels, showing that they worked their way up after the level change was implemented.

I have honestly yet to hear of anyone being stuck in a 'cash drain' when they play sensibly - you go somewhere, catch fish until you make a profit, then either stay for more or leave and your earned cash goes to the total. It is easily done to lose all you have though I'll concede, even I have the award for going somewhere and not being able to fund another trip ( or something like that ). So I stayed, fished my ass off and made money.

But, I do accept things may have changed as it has been 2 years since I was making my way up, so it may well now be easier to wipe yourself out, or cash/xp rewards and bite frequency may have changed also. I didn't encounter the pitfalls you mention and neither did any of the large circle of friends I fished with at the time to the best of my knowledge.

Anyway, good luck if you're still grinding your way up dude.

I understand is point of view..if we do lot of travel with licences , we need lot of money...and for those who make competition they know what im triyng to say....since i dont have time to farm due work and family, i put premium...if not i was broke a long time ago...this game is free for who have time to farm and play a lot...for the others is not...its the price i have to pay...but fp team need money too...nobody dont like to work for free...so for me is ok...

• Like 2

Rodrigo, you can pay the $5k or watever travel fee, then if you close the app or turn your xbox off, it automatically keeps you at the lake...you don't have to pay the travel fee again unless you, in game, manually exit that lake and basically "return to orbit."

Again, to reiterate my point, the math is all wrong.
Texas is more money and exp per hour than Mudwater, and it's actually playable because you can catch 50 2lb fish in 2 hours instead of 10 10lb fish in 15 minutes then wait 1.75hrs until you can fastforward time to start fishing again.   (Please don't mention throwing fish back..doesn't make any sense.)
Emerald is more money and exp per hour than everywhere I can go at level 25....it's also more playable as you're able to catch more fish each hour as 6 fish don't completely fill your bag.

Emerald vs Florida....well common fish at Emerald are 3lbs for $250, and common fish at Florida are 5lbs for $350.  About the same money and exp per hour, but at Florida you're going to be sitting for 30+ minutes waiting for another Fast-Forward...Unplayable, really.
The game isn't playable unless you pay for coins (or Premium, which I assume gives unlimited fast-forwards?)   Don't mention throwing fish back and keep fishing because then we're talking about playing, Free, only a portion of the game rather than playing the entire game for Free.

I'm all for a grind, I'm all for P2W, I'm all for P2P...but this..."Free to Play - Jk, once it's DL'd and you're in, it's only free to play every other hour, as you're waiting for skips with a full bag." is not really fair advertising...so any portion of it that I can correctly criticize I will be, publicly.  and the math of Money/Exp per hour being irrational, less at higher levels than you were getting at lower levels, is something I can openly and correctly criticize.  Again..it's like Reaching Level 99 Magic but the spells are weaker than lower leveled spells.   It's like reaching 99 mining and moving to a new location to mine a new type of ore....but that ore weighs more and is worth less money than the previous tier.

Edited by cakejragen

Thats why fishing at night is best, after 1st cooldown timer is over so no waiting time. So florida is 10k minimum profit per real hour after paying your licence and day stay fee 

On 8/27/2019 at 11:18 PM, cakejragen said:

as you're waiting for skips with a full bag.

Jup, I agree. That stupid cooldown timer is really limiting (esp. while leveling up). But it's their way of "advertising" premium.. I'd be happy if they'd get rid of it entirely, but then again, how else are they supposed to make money from the game?

I'd be all in favor of a complete rework of the economy, though. KpShamino had some nice ideas in his video a while ago (economy part starts at 20:20), that would really make the game better, and I agree with most of them.

For once, getting rid of the cooldown timer entirely for premium subscribers would be a good thing. I'd be willing to pay the 50+ euros (or even more) for premium per year, if it'd allow me to forward time to wherever I want. B/C as a level 50 player, all I really care about is training for competitions / tournaments, and for that getting the right conditions is essential. And as a low-level player, I agree, you sometimes have to sit there with a full net and wait for that timer to go down.. Especially since you can't really afford to just leave the lake and come back / go somewhere else, as it completely eliminates your profit.

And while they're at it, they should remove the repair costs for days that I don't use my gear, and just skip it to get to the right conditions. If I need to go to day 23 to get the right conditions, I need to pay 1 baitcoin (which is fine), take 5 minutes to forward the time 22 times, and after a day of fishing leave the lake and do all that stuff again, since my whole equipment will be broken by the time I get to day 46 or whatever, when the conditions will be the same again. Not to mention the repair costs of 30.000 or something, plus the travel cost and daily fees that add up. It is just impractical and really expensive (baitcoin- and moneywise) to train for stuff. Which I suppose is cool for the free-to-play aspect. But premium won't help much here.

Also, unlimited licenses DLCs (at a reasonable price) would be nice. Michigan now costs 600 baitcoins, which translates to 27 euros. Alaska is 1000, which is about 45 euros. California costs you 800, which is somewhere in between. Quanchkin is 500, which is somewhere around the 25 euro mark. That's more than 150 euros, just to cover some of the nicest competition locations in the game. Not to mention the higher level euro lakes, where UK + Russia would be an additional 115 euros. And that doesn't even eliminate the farming aspect of the game, as you still need to cover your travel and repair costs. And the cooldown timer is something you still need to work around - even with premium.

Personally, I'd be happy to pay 20 euros for the Michigan license, since it has a wide variety of fish, a lot of competitions, and is still a decent money- and xp-maker. Same goes for california, since it's one of the few remaining lakes that are still nice for farming. Especially since you can work around the cooldown timer by going for the sturgeon - once you paid your 1 baitcoin to go the 2nd night. And it has some nice comps. But Alaska? I enjoy the partly cloudy days with topwater, but that won't fill your net. And the big ones not only got nerfed, but also have very specific timezones - which brings us back to the cooldown timer. Definitely not worth 45 euros. Louisiana? Nice variety of fish, big ones to fill your net, couple of cool comps, but nothing that's worth farming. Doesn't stand up to the 25 euros for unltd. license. And don't get me started on the 70 euros for the UK..

So yeah, I believe there's a lot of stuff they could do to make putting money into the game more attractive. And a lot of stuff to change to keep new players motivated and playing the game - instead of exiting out cause you got broke, or are waiting for a timer to run out. But it's a small team, and changes only come little by little. I mean, we're still waiting for them to fix the constant lags. Since they pushed out loads of new stuff in the last couple of months, like the euro lakes, feeder / bottom / carp fishing, motor boats, etc. etc. (which is great!), maybe they'll address that next. And at some point also fix the economy in some way. I mean, they were pretty quick about adjusting the in-game prices, once they found out we were looking for deals 😄 If we come up with reasonable ways for them to make more money with the premium shop, they might just jump on it..

• Like 2

I agree on the licences.

Russia unlimited is 1,500 baitcoins. Which, combining 2 different baitcoin packages together to reach 1,690 baitcoins equals £61. For ONE licence. More than AAA games cost in their entirety.

I know they have to make money on a FTP, and God knows I've spent plenty, I acquired all NA unlimiteds in a very short space of time. But even I have to admit to being priced out on unlimited licences for Russia and when I can hit the UK.

I can never, ever earn 1,500 baitcoins from comps. Mainly because they're BS and I gave up on them ages ago.

20 hours ago, Rodrigoskybox said:

i dont understand why people want spend so many money on unlimited licence...and if you have premium , you really dont need unlimited licence in my opinion... 

That's your opinion and I respect it.

Me, I prefer to be able to fish anywhere at anytime without messing around buying a weekly or monthly pass. I'd rather pay once and never worry about it again for the sake of simplicity.

But not at the prices being asked for some of the venues right now.

I did consider buying it until I was informed that our progress doesn't transfer over to The Fisherman. I don't know what genius came up with that one but it immediately ensured I don't spend another penny on this version of FP.

I can buy that game - where licences are apparently purchasable with in-game cash - for less than is being asked for the unlimited licence for one venue here. So I will and progress be damned, I'll do it all over again.

• Like 1

the owners or who ever is in charge of the game is going a bit over the top with grindy and greed. Why do i still fish in cali at lvl 50? im not the only one either. I see many high lvls fishing in cali.. I mean why would high lvls fish in a low lvl lake??? Just the thought of that tells u something is broken.. I went to weeping willow a few times and omg I was just gushing money out of my neck like blood. why the hell is feeder bait so expensive? Why do they have a rule in play saying u can only catch one fish per a set amount of time in one spot. (close to a game hour) Don't that kind of defeat the whole purpose of feeding one spot? Why the hell would i waste so much money to feed a spot n catch so few fish? not to mention why the can u catch bigger fish in 30-40 lvl maps vs the lvl 50 map?????? omg im not lvling up to catch smaller fish. you devs are so stupid.. why havnt u opened a ocean fishing location, so we can catch some large fish? oh wait I know the answer to this one.. greed and super grindy yeah?

On 3/24/2018 at 10:29 AM, Hegert said:

The game is definitely not losing players. We average about 2.5k players/month - you can look it up for more details, if you wish.

Trust me guys, as a gamer myself, I do understand what you mean and I feel the frustration. We often have talks with the other folks about the development of the game, the speed of it, discussing feedback & ideas. I wish things could move faster and so does everybody. 

I am not part of the developers team, but what I understand from what I've been told, is that, it's just a very very long and slow process. Programming in general is, actually. 

There are lots of features in the works, as well as a ton of new fish and EU waterways like mentioned multiple times before. Has it taken a long time to bring such new content into the game? Yes. We all would like it to come alive faster, but they can only work so fast. 

The Fishing Planet team is not huge, nor are we an AAA company (EA, Ubisoft, Epic Games etc). The team is doing their best to work on many things to bring amazing content for those who have been here since day one or who are playing for the first time. At the same time, we are working on the Xbox version of the game (No ETA) as well as content for PS4. 

As soon as we have more info or any release dates, we will announce them on the forums and social media. 

Sorry Hegert,

But I must disagree witth you, I have had numerous friends leave and uninstall the game due to game glith errors costing them tackle or money lost due to the used car salesman like tactics utilized by the game issue support team denying them reimbursement for lost items & or game credits. I know this because I am about to do the same due to the fact that I now know for a fact that the personel rendering judgements on players in game issues knows little to nothing about the game proven by her own reply back to me along with a still shot clip of the video evidence I provided her. Her statement and my clip proved the fact that they have personel there rendering judgements on players game issues that in all honesty know nothing about the game... You know if their going to carry a title such as senior support specialist, wouldn't you think the player with the in game issue would appreciate knowing the person on the other end new a little something about the game..?  Well I can assure all you gamers this, you certainly won't get it from fishing planets senior support specialist.. Just like a shady insurance claims specialist,, because even if your right and prove it just as I did,  they deny everything repeatedly & give you the run around, untill you give up and quit bothering them.. Save you time and money and play something else, unless you like in-game glitches, constant latency, or just flat out enjoy the abuse of a  questionable support team.. then do nothing and stay here..

I have been playing Fishing Planet for 3 years and here I sum up why I do seriously consider uninstalling it 

The economics in the game are just so unfair now. And I'm talking about when you purchase the premium, not in free to play mode. At least some of the bugs were fixed in the latest update that were annoying me before, but off-course they introduced new ones. But the main reason to give up is that its not fun anymore, when you are trying to fish for fun you just lose so much money that sooner or later you are broke. And farming money is boring as hell and devs are trying to make it as hard as possible.

• Like 2

I started playing this game about 6 months ago. I’ve enjoyed every single second of it. It is free to play. Period. You can fish all you want , for free. There are benefits to paying money, but you are not forced to sit there with a full bag and wait for a fast forward. In fact, dumping fish does make sense. There is a challenge for that particular thing. Does it pay a lot? No, but hey, it’s free. The one right above, or below may pay out an x-series bobber, (which I use daily) , or an x-series jig, Or bait coins that you can save and buy that unlimited license,etc etc. This game can be played 24/7, for free, and enjoyed. I also have no problem paying a few bucks here and there for premium or a pack from the dlc. A new game averages $60. Perhaps things have changed for the better since this thread first started. All I know, this is my go to game when I have time to play ps4....

I’ve had no complaints, with this game except one giant one: the tourneys. It’s taken me a couple weeks, as of recent, to really get some knowledge on how they even work. Because, the fish bite nothing like the normal fishing times or weather. Lots of YouTube, hours of fishing the same times winners have won, same exact gear set up,  and I still can’t even place top 10. I’m playing in the LBAC tomorrow. I practiced all day today for it.(And this week). Same exact time and weather as what I think the first qualifier has stated, and if it’s anything like last years 1st qualifier results, I would have taken first. But when tomorrow comes, I won’t even qualify. Makes no sense. 

I want to clear up some things. My complaints are not for the free part of the game. When I say that the economics are unfair now days, I mean that you have to grind when you are a premium (paying customer). When I pay for the premium I should not lose money when I just want to test different spots or retrieve types that probably will not provide me much fish. The game has a lot of content and a lot of lakes but only handful of them will allow you to earn money so you would not go broke.

I also want to compliment the team that last few months many updates have been released and a lot of earlier bugs have been fixed. But please look at that economics model for premium members as well. I can't ask you to lower your dlc and premium prices because I believe you have a good statistics engine behind that and these prices are probably the most profitable ones. But at least make the game more enjoyable as a Premium. I don't want to fish the same fish at the same spots just to break even.

And to Olkutty, do not look those youtube videos as the best way to compete in the competitions. Most of them are outdated anyways. Something that worked 2-3 months ago does not work anymore. And if you are looking videos from last year, you will be in trouble. To get good size fish you have to look for spots, you have to know what baits provide bigger fishes and all that in the context of that weather condition. Do not expect to have a good result when you use one bait at the same location all the time. I usually have 5-6 spots for the competition and use at least 2-3 different baits. I have practice sessions for 10s of hours before the competition to find out what spots work at what times. Its hard work and you do get bored when you fish for 2 hours in a spot that doesn't give you any fish. But you have to do it so you would know not to go to that location when competing. Random plays a big part of this game, but its really not that random. You might be lucky and get 10 big trophies and end up in top 10. But most of those who are in top 10 catch 15+ trophies and they can choose the biggest ones.

The game does provide a lot of hints how to catch, most people just don't bother. They look how streamers catch and try to replicate that. It doesn't work like that. Little hint - Mudwater river has at least 9 spots that provide Bass. Streamers use only 1 or 2. A lot of those spots give out trophies with certain baits and hours only. A lot of them don't provide trophies at all with the weather that the tournament is happening. So when you watch a streamers you have no clue why he is catching at that spot. Does he/she know something and there should be a big fish or maybe theres no knowledge behind that decision.

So try to have fun and experiment with the information that the youtube videos provide, a lot of it is there. You just have to experiment yourself and find the spots and baits that work. Don't try to catch exactly like streamers are doing it. A lot of people are doing it and then you are at the mercy of random. Some of them are lucky and some of them are not.

And one more notice - I can easily say that the game is not pay to win. My friend has spent a lot more money on the game than I have. He uses he's fancy DLC equipment etc but he ain't doing a lot better than I am. Even when I use the most basic equipment that the game offers. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses. The point is, DLC equipment does not catch better than normal one. Only time when you might get better results is when you need a crank bait with certain depth and weight and hook size for example and its available only in DLC package. In most cases they are available with baitcoins, so again you don't need to spend real money. But be prepared to spend enormous amount of time when you don't want to spend any money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tapatalgud said:

I want to clear up some things. My complaints are not for the free part of the game. When I say that the economics are unfair now days, I mean that you have to grind when you are a premium (paying customer). When I pay for the premium I should not lose money when I just want to test different spots or retrieve types that probably will not provide me much fish. The game has a lot of content and a lot of lakes but only handful of them will allow you to earn money so you would not go broke.

I also want to compliment the team that last few months many updates have been released and a lot of earlier bugs have been fixed. But please look at that economics model for premium members as well. I can't ask you to lower your dlc and premium prices because I believe you have a good statistics engine behind that and these prices are probably the most profitable ones. But at least make the game more enjoyable as a Premium. I don't want to fish the same fish at the same spots just to break even.

And to Olkutty, do not look those youtube videos as the best way to compete in the competitions. Most of them are outdated anyways. Something that worked 2-3 months ago does not work anymore. And if you are looking videos from last year, you will be in trouble. To get good size fish you have to look for spots, you have to know what baits provide bigger fishes and all that in the context of that weather condition. Do not expect to have a good result when you use one bait at the same location all the time. I usually have 5-6 spots for the competition and use at least 2-3 different baits. I have practice sessions for 10s of hours before the competition to find out what spots work at what times. Its hard work and you do get bored when you fish for 2 hours in a spot that doesn't give you any fish. But you have to do it so you would know not to go to that location when competing. Random plays a big part of this game, but its really not that random. You might be lucky and get 10 big trophies and end up in top 10. But most of those who are in top 10 catch 15+ trophies and they can choose the biggest ones.

The game does provide a lot of hints how to catch, most people just don't bother. They look how streamers catch and try to replicate that. It doesn't work like that. Little hint - Mudwater river has at least 9 spots that provide Bass. Streamers use only 1 or 2. A lot of those spots give out trophies with certain baits and hours only. A lot of them don't provide trophies at all with the weather that the tournament is happening. So when you watch a streamers you have no clue why he is catching at that spot. Does he/she know something and there should be a big fish or maybe theres no knowledge behind that decision.

So try to have fun and experiment with the information that the youtube videos provide, a lot of it is there. You just have to experiment yourself and find the spots and baits that work. Don't try to catch exactly like streamers are doing it. A lot of people are doing it and then you are at the mercy of random. Some of them are lucky and some of them are not.

And one more notice - I can easily say that the game is not pay to win. My friend has spent a lot more money on the game than I have. He uses he's fancy DLC equipment etc but he ain't doing a lot better than I am. Even when I use the most basic equipment that the game offers. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses. The point is, DLC equipment does not catch better than normal one. Only time when you might get better results is when you need a crank bait with certain depth and weight and hook size for example and its available only in DLC package. In most cases they are available with baitcoins, so again you don't need to spend real money. But be prepared to spend enormous amount of time when you don't want to spend any money.

Thank you for this. But to clarify, I have done exactly what you’re suggesting. I was on vacation last week, and half of this week. I fished mudwater, every day, all day. (Painful place to fish)...Different baits, different hook sizes, different retrieval speeds,and every single spot on that map, all day long. I did have 5-6 good spots that produced. I would start at 12pm on a sunny day, and fish for 2 hours. 30lbs of bass was average each time. Want to know what I placed in the tourney? 17lbs of bass. I placed 307th. That’s all I’m saying... It doesn’t make sense. I probably had 40+ Missed bites also. Most I’ve ever seen. I’m telling you, regardless of weather and times, tourney algorithms are different. And there isn’t a way to practice for them. At least that’s my take. 

Congrats on 3rd btw. I guess you have knowledge of this game that I’m just not getting. I’m going to fish this next qualifier, place 400th, and probably call it quits on them. They are fun, if you think you have a chance. I’m just going to approach this game like I always have. Finish my challenges, and casually fish here and there. Killer game aside from the tournaments. 

Edited by Olkutty

What Fishing Planet has done well is that they give you a lot of variables. Weather conditions have the air and water temperature, wind speed and direction, air pressure, sunny or cloudy etc. They you have thousands of tackles with a lot of variations.You have different retrieve types that you can do on the surface, mid water or at the bottom.  A lot of places have random calculations that make the information gathering really hard. For example, we still can't prove that on a clear days you should use yellow lures and on cloudy days shiny ones. Sometimes you feel that this rule applies and then you get the best result with exactly opposite. But it allows to generate a lot of variation cheaply. Developers don't have to use all those variables to make their bite system more complicated than it needs to be. Yet, it generates a lot of confusion and discussions.

I don't know a lot of things and still learning every day. What I can say is that not all the sunny days are the same. Thats where I have a lot of theories but as i can't prove them with facts I'm not gonna say much. What I can say is that wind and water temperature have something to do with it. And even when you do fish with the same weather do not expect to get the same fishes at the same times. I give you a fictional example. In practice session (where the weather conditions were exactly as they were in tournament) I used casting spoon and got several trophies but in tournament I couldn't get a single trophy with Casting Spoon, so I started to experiment with different baits. Sooner or later I found that BassJig worked this time and the rest of the competition I used Bass Jig mostly. Like I said, its a fictional example but what I try to say is that don't expect the conditions to stay exactly the same.

For a long time I thought that maybe when you connect to a server it gives you some random "luck" number and your fate is sealed with that. If you get a good one you will get a lot of big fishes, otherwise you don't get that many. But recently I have started to think that maybe different servers just have different baits that fish will prefer. So even when you look SabiScs for example and see him place in top 10 fishing with JigBait and Worm, you can't replicate that. Maybe you connect to a server where the fishes prefer BassJig and give very few fishes with Worms. The same is when you try to practice, different sessions have different baits that work well.

But in reality I don't know for sure how the game works. I have some knowledge how to catch Largemouth Bass, because I love fishing it but it's only 1 fish in the game. And what works for 1 fish will not work for others. Thats another tip, don't expect different fish species to behave the same way. For some fishes for example its very important what line you use, for others it doesn't matter at all.