Really?

TwobyG

I've been loving this game so far, but why the hell does it seem to get harder and harder to reel in the same fish I was catching with absolutely no problem at lvl 5, yet here I am at lvl 17 reeling it the same damn fish with the same weight but it takes about 20+ min. Plus I just spent over an hour trying to reel in a fish, get him down to 30feet and all of a sudden he take every inch of line I have in one run, reel him back in to 30 feet again and he takes all the line again and then once again get him down to 30 feet and then he takes all of my line. Now, not only did I have to pay whatever the hell it cost to "travel" to the lake, I go away empty handed but have to pay to "repair" the gear. Y'all need to lower the damn travel prices at the very least

Nicht jeder hat jeden tag stundenlang zeit. Die lizenzen laufen taeglich ab und das kostet immer wieder geld. Fuer anfaenger oder gelegenheitsspieler ist es extrem schwer.

Ansonsten kann ich nur raten: hochleveln und grosse ruten kaufen. Dann hat sich das problem mit demdrill erledigt.

• Developers
21 hours ago, A99473123 said:

Nicht jeder hat jeden tag stundenlang zeit. Die lizenzen laufen taeglich ab und das kostet immer wieder geld. Fuer anfaenger oder gelegenheitsspieler ist es extrem schwer.

Ansonsten kann ich nur raten: hochleveln und grosse ruten kaufen. Dann hat sich das problem mit demdrill erledigt.

Please avoid using other languages than English in an EN part of the forum.

Sometimes fish swim towards you, then decide to fight.  If you were reeling a fish in no problem then it stops, well the fish decided it wasn't having fun anymore.  You don't always know the weight of a fish right away, different species fight at different times.  Also different species fight harder than their weight (trout) or softer than their weight (catfish).

As far as the OP, you probably either caught a unique or a different species, something that's much bigger than you've been catching.  That happened to me at Mud River early on, spent a day catching things just fine, then all of a sudden in the middle of the night threw a night shad out there and bam, line ran out and broke.