Support_Team

Major Spring Update. Patch note 1.0.8

4 hours ago, Rodrigoskybox said:

Ok, if i understood, we must wait until sony allowed this option for gamers, because i make a research and is not alowed yet...so this is why you dont put the option directly on the game ?

Yes, that's the reason. We have contacted Sony regarding this changing feature and our game is ready to support it once Sony will allow it officially. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hate_ful said:

It could hurt the new players but really how much do you need . We all knew it was coming so i say if you didnt prepare it your fault . After talking to others storage was handled strange as i have level 40 players who only got 218 . 

Well said, I am curious as well as to how home storage was determined and/or why it isn't the same for everyone. I am fairly new, but I'm lvl 40 rank 3 and my storage capacities after the update are roughly:   Home Storage_58?/103     My Backpack_101?/146. I would think I would have more space at home than in my backpack, but like Hate_ful said, how much do you need? Combined I still have about 100 free slots.

Too bad you can't share equipment you're not using anymore. Since I have a 330 lb keepnet, I would much rather put my 154 lb one out by the side of the road instead of scrapping it for 10 bucks or whatever it is.

24 minutes ago, DankDabsAllDay said:

I thought the game was a bit glitchy before but Whoa!

It was really bad for me too, I'm hoping it was just because of the amount of traffic. I was retrieving a jig at speed 1 with constant twitching and it was very hard to keep it consistent. Precision cast? Nope, maybe next time. Still caught plenty of fish though, hopefully tonight will be better

• Like 1

Ya i put all my stuff in hame storage and out of tackle box and i got 785 . I know others who did same thing and got 445 . I guess because i never get rid of anything .

I'm guessing that info was in a pc forum somewhere? I just got the BigBox XL recently so I threw a bunch of stuff in there and loaded it up even more with new stuff I bought the night before the update because I was going to Florida the next day (yesterday) for the first time and I was going in blind, so I brought 7 rods and almost everything that goes with them. I was also gonna try topwater for the first time too, but it was so glitchy for me last night I just went with soft plastics along the bottom. Bad timing on my part I guess

The clicking sound is gone after landing a fish. Give me my clicking sound back. Apparently my brain is missing the reward association it developed with that sound. It's weird without it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nordak76 said:

The clicking sound is gone after landing a fish. Give me my clicking sound back. Apparently my brain is missing the reward association it developed with that sound. It's weird without it. 

For me is good

I don't want to be misunderstood as taking a jab at the game or its developers. The clicking sound post was partly in jest, and I'll get used to it. New content would be incredible, and my guess is anyone with business sense can see that it's necessary to keep the cash flow going. I'm going to assume they are actively working on it. Until then, I still have some comps. to play, unis to catch and just general fishing to do. How long that will prolong my interest, I can not say, but for now I guess it's good enough to keep me coming back. There's still quite a lot to learn for me I think.

Edited by nordak76

On 4/25/2018 at 11:30 AM, kdog013 said:

It was really bad for me too, I'm hoping it was just because of the amount of traffic. I was retrieving a jig at speed 1 with constant twitching and it was very hard to keep it consistent. Precision cast? Nope, maybe next time. Still caught plenty of fish though, hopefully tonight will be better

I just got on to try for some 100lb+ gar switch it up a little ya know and man it's the same still very glitchy/laggy. Is it still the same for you? I hope they do some sort of a patch or hot fix for this, it's crazy. I wish I could choose to uninstall the last update. I wonder how many people don't notice it, ignore it or if it's a select few this is happening to.. What am I supposed to do when it's raining outside or 90° 100% humidity?!?!? I want my game back! xD 

3 hours ago, DankDabsAllDay said:

I just got on to try for some 100lb+ gar switch it up a little ya know and man it's the same still very glitchy/laggy. Is it still the same for you? I hope they do some sort of a patch or hot fix for this, it's crazy. I wish I could choose to uninstall the last update. I wonder how many people don't notice it, ignore it or if it's a select few this is happening to.. What am I supposed to do when it's raining outside or 90° 100% humidity?!?!? I want my game back! xD 

its unplayable for me sine the update  the lag  is real ,no more fishing planet for me and till they fix it ,,i want my game back to

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DankDabsAllDay said:

Is it still the same for you? 

It's not as bad for me as it was on Tuesday, but it's still worse than before the update. When I played on Wednesday it wasn't as bad until around 9:00pm EST.,then it got bad enough again where I had to shut it off. It still glitches/lags pretty much during every cast, retrieve, and fight, including this morning when I took a few casts with my coffee (6:30-7:30am). I don't see how anyone could not notice it, it's so much more difficult trying to cast, especially precision casting, trying to guess or anticipate when it's going to skip is part of the game for me now since the update. I do have high speed internet also in case anyone's wondering.

• Like 1

the game now for me is much better , of course some issues must be fixed , like the blue screen when you caught a fish.... or when you change the fishing rod , the screen block...

but about lures is now much better... just waiting for this issues fixed ,,, great job fp

I have had to restart the game several times because it keeps lagging to the extent that the game is basically frozen.  this last time I let the game sit for over 10 minutes to see if the small "twitches" of the rod moving would catch up to real time and the lag would break free.  After 10 minutes I gave up and restarted for the 3rd time.  Whats crazier is that after a restart and re-entering the same lake, the time has elapsed by an hour even though I left the game during a lag-out-freeze with it stating it was only 6:01am (now says 7:06am)  This has never happened before this new update.  I also notice that even though I've always played with my sensitivity setting at 100% for quick sideways snaps on the rod...now it behaves like I am on 50% sensitivity.  It does see like the fish are definitely not biting as fast either.  

Please fix these issues!  I am a Premium Customer!  maybe i should cancel it until the next bug patch...?  (i know its not my internet, but I did restart my router 2x just to be sure)

• Like 2

I started playing more lately and here's the 4 major problems with this Spring update IMO

1. It is extremely glitchy/ laggy and it is not my internet. Sometimes it's so bad I have to restart the game because the game is in super slow motion.

2. The sound and animation changes were not necessary and take away from the game play. Change the sound back pleaseee!!

3. The navigation is not necessary. You should have added a new waterway first or even some new fish species.

4. Why did you change how the Kayaks roll? When I got bored I would go to Alberta and roll the kayak with some trophy and uni lakers (which I'm TRYING to do right now lol). When you roll the kayak now it just shows a black screen, can't see under water anymore, and you need a 25lb+ laker to roll it just a few times! I used to get the yak to roll with a 12lber. I have had the yak rolling for almost 5 minutes one time with a uni xD  Why must you take the fun out of my game play!

The picture is what it looks like when it freezes and I have to restart. The game runs at like 1 fps, if that, and only shows half the rod. lolFishingPlanet_20180429090030.thumb.jpg.2436b5acfd1b1d574401679d44234589.jpg

By the way, how is one supposed to Anchor a Kayak if the Triangle button (anchor button) is also our Navigation Depth Map button?  Could we change the anchor button to L3 or R3?  These buttons aren't used from a kayak anyhow... just a thought.

EDIT: i see that it is possible to still throw the anchor....one must HOLD Triangle to drop anchor.  tapping the button will deploy the map.

Edited by mashedt8ter
  • Like 1

There was always a freeze in the framerate or whatever every 30 seconds or so ( usually as I was trying to hit the casting bar ), but now, yuck.

Juddering around like me in 40 years time.

I used to play on 5 meg or less broadband with no issues. Upgraded to 76 meg fibre optic a while back and whatever they did now makes it feel like I'm playing on 5 meg. Sweep the rod back and watch that frame rate struggle to keep up 😞

• Like 1

I was trying to do 30 day challenge in Alberta and when I went to advance to a new day it automatically made me leave without touching a button after spending 11 days there. FML. All this update has done is made the game more frustrating and pretty much suck!. Ridiculous!

46 minutes ago, Hegert said:

FPS issues are rarely related to your internet speed. When your FPS is low at certain times, you need to look at your game settings and hardware. 

If you are sure about no cooling issues, old/worn out GPU/CPU and other things like that, then you should email us at support@fishingplanet.com with your output_log.txt file and screenshots of places you get low FPS, so the team can look into it. 

But like I said, these things are usually related to too high ingame settings or hardware issues (Old, worn out, cooling issues etc). 

No no and no lol. I have a brand new PS4 and every other game I play which are more intense then this game (First person shooters and racing games) have no issues at all with lag/glitching/pausing/studdering etc. He's actually talking about when the fish spawn in he just doesn't realize it and it's not every 30 seconds or so, it's random. Go stand at shore and it will very rarely do it (unless someone joins the room then the game goes haywire for 10 seconds) until you start fishing. It has to do with the coding and the algorithm used (very technical) it's not smooth and never has been since I've been playing. I have always been able to tell when a fish spawns in that's when I stop reeling and wait for the hit then strike xD The bigger the fish the bigger the glitch! lol