Amateur (Community) Event #1 - Texas

amateurgamer88

Hey everyone! I’m amateurgamer, a Fishing Planet streamer. Many of you probably never heard of me but that’s fine.

I have really enjoyed Fishing Planet and wish to host an Amateur (Community) Event for the Fishing Planet Community (PC and PS4).  The event will start soonish (in a week or two, date to be determined) and will last 1 week. Dates will be posted here in the foreseeable future.  

We will be fishing in Texas (Lone Star Lake) so any player, beginner or veteran, can participate. The fish eligible for this community event is bluegill (common, trophy) and the goal is to catch the smallest of each. Take a screenshot of your fish in your hand with the full UI. The fish weight (must be in pounds, so use you must use the Imperial setting in-game) also, the weight and screenshots of each of your fish need to be put on the Entry Form. Please keep in mind that the Entry Form will be closed immediately at the end of the event. A link to the Entry Form and Standings Page will be posted at the start of the Event.  As you catch smaller fish, you can edit your entry on the entry form. Scoring will be done by average, the total weight of your fish divided by 2 will be your score.  (NOTE:  You must be registered on the forums and also have a Google Account to be able to utilize the Entry Form)

The winner of this community event gets boasting rights. No prizes sadly but fun is part of the reward. Hope you can all join this community event hosted by an amateur. :P

Edited by amateurgamer88
  • Like 1

The event has officially begun! The event will end on June 3rd, 2018 7:00 pm PT (Vancouver, Canada time)

Entry Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfqCzRMrmjj6EsoxaCQV5TYeLexAyHMLWW3Jw4P5xFMct_wFA/viewform?usp=pp_url

Standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jWQINkMsUUc9CCNPw_Tio8C3FyRPIR8I0SFiMzdmyv4/edit?usp=sharing

Good luck and tight lines! Have fun is the key! :D

Edited by amateurgamer88
  • Like 2

Just a quick update as some kind people notified me but I forgot to mention. I have to update the standings manually so your entry won't be entered immediately. Will try to update at least every 24 hours. I apologize for the delay. And thank you to all those who have participated so far! A new community event is being planned as I type this. :) 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 1:50 PM, PH_Hilrond said:

Good luck my friend!  Have some fun!

Thanks so much! I always do! :) 

On 5/26/2018 at 2:37 PM, Bohemond said:

I'll be there!  Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the interest! :) 

On 5/26/2018 at 4:30 PM, PH_Cauca6 said:

Blow it up!! 💣💣

Haha, we'll see for this first event :) 

On 5/26/2018 at 8:35 PM, Graveyard_gamez said:

count me in

Welcome aboard! :)

On 5/28/2018 at 2:49 AM, PH_Hilrond said:

Very nice, good job!  You've got a functional Entry Form and Standings Page.  Guess I need to go to Texas and catch some Bluegill.  Well, someone needs to go keep an eye on PH_Cauca6.😎

Thanks so much for the help! And PH_Cauca6 can be a troublemaker. :)

On 5/28/2018 at 8:45 AM, PH_Cowboy Chip said:

Hey Ama,

Thanks for putting this together and nice work,

And no worries on the auto update  😉

Thanks for the interest and participation! Really appreciate it! :) 

The deadline has come and gone! Thanks to everyone who has participated in the community event. Below is the final result! :) 

Position

In-game Name

Score

PH_CaKKuN

PH_Hilrond

PH_Cauca6

sundancekid

PH_Cowboy Chip

marcopojo

Bohemond

PH_CaKKuN is the winner of this first community event! You now have the boasting rights for this event! :) 

Thank you everyone for coming and hope you had fun! The second community event is available here so I hope you can join. 

On 5/31/2018 at 8:36 PM, WhiskerFisher said:

Me too bud... it's driving me nuts! I like the game a lot... I like to fish irl, but sometimes I can't due to weather conditions... I... need... my... fix...! Lol *makes bizarre twitching motions*

Haha, I know that feeling! Can't imagine stop playing for even a day. :P