Stovy50

Any tips farming xp ane money?

Seen a few YouTube well the walleye one. Tried it in NY didn't really get much at all. Waisted two trips trying it. Because he suggested trying 10pm time. .

So was wondering if anyone had any new tips for quick farming leveling up. Thanks. 

what lvl are you?

what gear? what keepnet do you have?

go to youtube, check out kpshimanos vid series on leveling

Edited by mdram

Well, moneywise Walleye (with a cash value of 190 per KG) is one of the best fish there is. But they are quite rare, and only bite on shitty weather (NY: Rainy 5am - 1pm, and little bit in the evening / Cloudy from 5pm - 9pm mainly). On a sunny day, go for northern pike and chain pickerel. They have a cash value of 170 / KG (pike) and 150 / KG (chain pickerel), and bite really well. The spot is pretty much the same.

Just stay in NY and go for pike until you're level 15. Don't travel back and forth, as that costs a lot of money. By the time you reach level 15, you will have enough money to leave NY, buy a bigger fishnet (which is always the most important thing to get when leveling), the FeatherLight 215 rod (you'll still use that one even when you're level 40), the Prima 2500, and a matching line. Including the travel costs and the extended license, you'll need to make around 25.000 in NY before moving to your next spot, Oregon, and go for trout there.

Good luck and tight lines to you

EDIT: I don't know why the YT-Playlist starts with the first video. Just go for the third video in the playlist I shared. There will be anything you need to now about NY.

Edited by alohastone

I've caught plenty of walleye on sunny days lol. Actually cloudy seems to work best for me, rainy wasn't as productive. Better than sunny though for sure.

Fish during the day as much as possible. With a good keepnet you can keep everything, the pike, perch, and walleye, and still come out well. What I was doing was trying to put 100 lbs in the keepnet during the day, then I'd switch to night peak hours and slam the walleye until the net was filled. You should gross 12-13k or about 7-8k profit after travel fee and licensing for just a single day doing that. If you can get two fishing days in on a single day license, then pretty much the whole next day is profit minus the 500 credits to stay an extra day. 12-13k all profit next day

Edited by WhiskerFisher
  • Like 1

Well  I spent a good 4 hours in muddywaters getting catfish and bulls. Loaded up my 55 keepernet. Gained 1900 xp only 800 cash wow. So much work.   

I'm only at level 17. Like 86 percent to 18 then I can go to Florida!! 

My equipment I got a few. Rods are omini 14 ft. Vero something 2 of them.  

And a jester 6 ft 3 .. 

Rods vary. Casting 200 or something max 3lb line. One from the bass bundle. And few other s well 4 lb max line. 

If i use any of bass bundle stuff I get 3 red arrows wtf. Where do I use those ?

Yeah the Catfish and Bullhead only have a cash value of 35/45 per kg. Grass Pickerel, Chain Pickerel and Largemouth Bass have a value of around 150. In Missouri, load your net up with those, and you'll make a lot more.

As for NY, you got all the info now. Stick to the video and what Whisker said. The bigger the fishnet the better.

If you get three arrows down, use one of your smaller rods. The OmniFloat should be fine. The biggest fish caught in NY is around 7lbs. Nero & Jester will work as well, but you might as well get reduced XP for those. The Bass Bundle Stuff is good for catching almost everything (Walleye, Pike, Trout, Bass, even Muskies if you like a good fight) in Michigan.

There are also unique pike in NY but they seem to be rare. I saw a guy catch one once but I forget what weight it was. My setup is a jigwinner 8-6, prima 3500 reel (I think) and 6 lb braid line. Works great and you won't lose xp on the fish.

• Like 1

Update. 

I was actually having good luck in NY today. Was catching walleye finally on shiners!! One like every 10 to 15 minutes. Gaining like over 100 xp each time . Ranked up way pass 18 now! Now I can go to Flordia full time!! 

Thanks everyone for the tips. I will come back NY for shorter fishing trip because of lesser travel money. I was casting way off to the left of the first tree by the bank and found a nice spot. 

• Like 1

Glad we could help you out buddy. And congrats on your catch! If the fish stop biting, try changing the spot, as those will diminish over time. In most lakes, there's more than 1, usually 2, 3 or even 4 spots where you can catch the same fish. Or just forward the time. There's an excel sheet where you can find the best times to fish for the uniques. Might be worth taking a look at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B5W-Ab_oaUAmJKQC0F6EsZ-3O9kyutLQtP4EuSh8VT0/edit#gid=688070417

I agree that the grind is pretty hard at the beginning. Even more so without premium. Been there, done that 😄 Try staying in one place for a couple of ingame days, and not travel all over the place. The traveling and license costs can fuck you up real good. Florida is actually a nice spot for leveling and money farming, especially since you'll catch a lot of fish in no time. Keeps the motivation going 😁

Anyways, tight lines and Petri Heil to you my friend. 

Yeah I think I'm saving up 12 premium.  I miss it already after 7 day use. Ducks it's like 100 bucks. 

And I think ivr found some decent poles and set up to use. 

i´ve begun fishing in NY today , until now caught 8 (2 Walleye , 1 trophy Redfin Pickerel and 5 North Pike ) , but before i exit from the game , get 0 bites in 5\6 tries , tried other spots without luck.

What lvl do you suggest to buy a new Rod and Gear? i´m at 13.

On 6/23/2018 at 12:09 AM, no_name91 said:

i´ve begun fishing in NY today , until now caught 8 (2 Walleye , 1 trophy Redfin Pickerel and 5 North Pike ) , but before i exit from the game , get 0 bites in 5\6 tries , tried other spots without luck.

What lvl do you suggest to buy a new Rod and Gear? i´m at 13.

I'd suggest LVL 15 for the next upgrade, because that's when the bigger fishnet (FishCabin XS) unlocks.

Get that one, the FeatherLight 215 rod (in case you don't already have it) the Prima 2500 reel (also unlocks at 15), and the Fluoro 0.23mm. Narrow Spoon #1/0 is a perfect match for that setup, and you should be good to go crazy on the trout in Oregon :) 

I just did a 2 day long trip in Ny all nights made 1300 bucks level up 1 and half levels.  Got one trophy walleye 5lbs. 

Really need to get premium could have made twice as much same for xp. Waa using the narrow spoon purple lure the whole time. Mike off stop and go and twitching reel in. 

Go to the in game shop and get the bluish green colored nighttime 1/4 oz. narrow spoon. Worked a lot better than the purple one for me. For a bigger keepnet, I would spend 5 bucks in the ps store for this dlc;

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1449-CUSA06941_00-SPHCPK0000000000.

You won't have any use for the rod and reel for a while, but the 154 lb. keepnet that comes with it will be key in leveling up. Instead of making 1300 you'll make 13,000 as WhiskerFisher mentioned. My retrieve was just stop and go on speed 2. It's been a while since I fished in NY, but if I remember right the walleye at night were so active that if I had 3 casts in a row without a bite, I would either cast in another spot or change the color, sometimes both, alternating between the night spoon and the purple one until I found them again. You should be getting bites on almost every cast if you're in the right spot, for walleye at night anyway.

5 hours ago, no_name91 said:

it´s worth go fish in Rocky Lane lake? there are trouts also.

Well it depends on what you like better. If you enjoy spin fishing for trouts, feel free to go to Rocky Lake. But moneywise it's better to go to New York with a match setup, and go for pike / walleye there.

NY i´ve spent 4\5 days already and got a good ammount of money and xp , i want to explore another lake now , some posts above you´ve suggest to after NY go for the trouts in Oregon , but as i saw that in Rocky Lake has 3 species of it also i would like to know if is worth for now going to that lake or go into Oregon .

so , yesterday i´ve travelled to Colorado to see how it works , i´ve struggled to catch trouts in the afternoon cuz was very rare the bit rate , advanced the time to 21:00 and the bite was increased a bit , atm i´ve 4 fish in my fishnet . what´s the best time to catch more trouts in Colorado?

On 7/8/2018 at 5:09 PM, no_name91 said:

what´s the best time to catch more trouts in Colorado?

Depends on the weather. Just stick to the peak hours (sunny weather should be around 10/11am - 5/6pm, cloudy and partly cloudy you can go in the morning hours and especially in the evenings). If you wanna go night-time fishing, I'd recommend getting one of the glowing shads with a #1/0 Jighead, and / or the glowing narrow spoon #2/0.

FishingPlanet_20180710111223.jpg

a simple answer is don't be blinded by the pure XP or cash per 1kg of fish, given some fish are harder to catch or come in smaller numbers caught over a day of fishing.

what you want is a low to medium XP or cash per 1kg of fish that can be caught in huge numbers over the day, which you augment by fishing the higher value (XP/Cash per 1kg) fish at their peak times.

for instance in Colorado do trout at peak times for them, then fish for carp the rest of the day 10m to 14m off the bank of the fantastic fishing spot at a depth of 100cm to 125cm with marshmallow, crickets or corn.

as in Colorado, its quite easy in a full day of fishing to have 20 to 30 assorted good trout and 150 to 200+ carp, in fact if you want to brake the 200+ fish/day barrier Colorado is one of the places to do it.