J.Mitchell WV

Replacing Your X-Series Gear, (By Purchase)

Not sure if this is been brought up in the forums, but I know it's been discussed by several of our Club Members, and I believe Hate_ful mentioned it to Hegert in an email conversation.

By my own stupidity, I've managed to loose a few x-series lures and assessories lol, and have used all my x-series 40lb. mono. Tmif wore out his x-series bobber, and Hate_ful lost an x-series frog popper due to a blue screen glitch. And I'm sure there are others who are in the same boat.

I, and we, as mentioned above, think it would be an excellent idea that once you've unlocked or won x-series gear, that it would be available for purchase, (using gold), in the store.

I myself, would be more than willing to spend some gold, or even "purchase" gold from the PSN Store in order to replace what I've lost, and extinguished. How about the rest of you guys and gals. Would you be willing to spend, and or purchase gold to replace your lost, extinquished and worn out x-series gear?

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Violentvole said:

If I knew for sure what the benefits of X-series were, probably.

From my experience, now this is just me, and it could all be all in my head lol, but one example of a benefit that I've noticed:

Salmon Galore is one, if not my favorite competition. I fish it exclusively with an x-series #4/0 jig head with x-series 4" nymph, and the x-series bullet spinner. I've also tried it with a regular #4/0 jig head and regular 4" nymph, and regular bullet spinner. I always catch more trophies and uni's, while practicing and in competitions, using the x-series tackle than the regular tackle.

Is it all in my head. Is this definitive proof? Hardly not, but I really believe using x-series gear leads to catching more and bigger fish.

• Like 1

I'd definitely pay to replace x-series gear. One of the best recent moves by the devs for me was including x-series gear rewarded through achievements. It gave access to lures that for most would be unobtainable by other means. Speaking of lures, I'd be willing to spend some money on new tackle, x-series or not. Hopefully that will come with new waterways.

That's exactly what I mean Jim mate, everyone has their own thoughts on the stuff and perceived benefits, yet nobody knows for sure.

I routinely use X series having amassed a fair bit of the stuff, yet I see no difference at all.

• Like 1

Even though the benefits of X-Series equipment are not well defined, the fact that you are unable to earn those items again definitely needs to be addressed.  There should be some avenue to be able to replace lost or worn out X-Series equipment.

• Like 4

+1 on this!

I love the X-series pear-shaped bobber and the frog popper, but I've restrained from using them out of fear of losing them in a blue-screen error, flying fish bug, or some other funny business. It'd be nice to have a way of re-buying them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bushidowarrior said:

I agree I would spend coins on getting my gear back. I lost my Xseries Frog Popper on Blue Screen. 😞

Same thing

• Like 1