Catfishin in MudWater Missouri

Wildcardx07

Im lost, im dumbfounded, and I dont know what else to do. So I bought a bunch of baits and gear. Sit down for hours and hours. Watched videos and reas guides and messed around at the Mudwater River.. I was training to win that damn catfish contest!

I got to a point where I had the exact setup and location where I was repeatedly catching 5-8 pound catfish somewhat regularly. SWEET I GOT IT FIGURED OUT!

I join the contest and start off okay. When 10 minutes has passed ive only gotten about 15 pounds of fish and suddenly bites have disappeared.

I decide to struggle through and catch under 50 pounds of fish total, but I noticed something. The top 3 guys caught almost 300 pounds in 30 minutes. All 3 had biggest fish over 10-11 pounds. To get the amount of weight that #1 had produced you're talking a 10-11 pound catfish every 3 minutes.

Is there anyone whos figured out where this 11 pound monster cat hang out is in Missouri? Now that i can farm cash at Saint-Croix its not about the money or even the lost gear.. Im a competitive guy and it sucks to get beat on so bad you start to believe people might be cheating, definitely after days devoted to training that 1 thing.

I love you Fishing Planet and as soon as my wifes not watching ill end up buying another addon.. But these contests make my eyes rain.

Edited by Wildcardx07
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2018 at 8:21 AM, Wildcardx07 said:

Im lost, im dumbfounded, and I dont know what else to do. So I bought a bunch of baits and gear. Sit down for hours and hours. Watched videos and reas guides and messed around at the Mudwater River.. I was training to win that damn catfish contest!

I got to a point where I had the exact setup and location where I was repeatedly catching 5-8 pound catfish somewhat regularly. SWEET I GOT IT FIGURED OUT!

I join the contest and start off okay. When 10 minutes has passed ive only gotten about 15 pounds of fish and suddenly bites have disappeared.

I decide to struggle through and catch under 50 pounds of fish total, but I noticed something. The top 3 guys caught almost 300 pounds in 30 minutes. All 3 had biggest fish over 10-11 pounds. To get the amount of weight that #1 had produced you're talking a 10-11 pound catfish every 3 minutes.

Is there anyone whos figured out where this 11 pound monster cat hang out is in Missouri? Now that i can farm cash at Saint-Croix its not about the money or even the lost gear.. Im a competitive guy and it sucks to get beat on so bad you start to believe people might be cheating, definitely after days devoted to training that 1 thing.

Welcome to Fishing Planet Competitions.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 6/16/2018 at 1:21 PM, Wildcardx07 said:

I love you Fishing Planet and as soon as my wifes not watching ill end up buying another addon.. But these contests make my eyes rain.

You wanna beat guys who play competition 24/7 over 1000 Competitions:) I'm not a Nostradamus just wait max 3more moths and you win the competition but I can guarantee you will be competing with your self. anyway, this game slowly dies.

Something to think about... I read a post on here from someone who is mentioned as the best fishing planet player in the world (PC).  He said that he lost his first 150 competitions before he won.  This should put into perspective that to some, these contests are everything.  The casual gamer is most likely not going to win.  The odds are not in your favor.  When I read that, I decided not to waste my time because it's just really not worth it.  The only x-series I would even want is that damn frog popper... I gots to have that lure!! But alas, it must be won in competition.

7 hours ago, Hate_ful said:

Just dont let a blue error steal it.

Yep so true, had 2 baitcoin frogs & my Louisiana reward stolen due to game glitches, every time was given the usual run around "Our logs show no error", basically deal with it & spend more of your baitcoins. 

Comps are BS, end of.

They do not reflect on what you learn playing the game. FP can bury their heads in the sand as long as they want on this one, but until comps can be won by any and everyone, they are BS.

150 comps before his first win comment above says it all really - you have to learn 2 different games.

• Like 1