How do you practice for Competitions & Tournaments?

mitderplatte

On 7/4/2019 at 7:03 PM, kylerobz said:

You were in my lobby yesterday in preditor hunt, i explained to you that it was more than just cast at 1 spot. Jeez whats with all these people l8ly, R u related to katlin by any chance 😅. Comps are different if you want to play them and do well learn them. People need to stop thinking just because they can lesurly fill there keep net they can do well in comps. 

Dude it’s a game who really needs to study it and it’s not about winning it’s about having a chance it’s not like there gonna send u to a real competition n give u real prize money for winning i just think it should be fare and to your reply about the comp I was moving around trying different spots and if your so great at comps why don’t you help people out with then it doesn’t mean I asking for help 

1 hour ago, f1999falcon said:

Dude it’s a game who really needs to study it and it’s not about winning it’s about having a chance it’s not like there gonna send u to a real competition n give u real prize money for winning i just think it should be fare and to your reply about the comp I was moving around trying different spots and if your so great at comps why don’t you help people out with then it doesn’t mean I asking for help 

You and who ever enters have a chance but as the name stands its a competition not freeplay. And during comp your words were that u was not catching when i replyd to you to change something you answered uni spot all the same bait how hard can it b to just cast. So didnt sound like you was moving round far to me. I never said im good at comps but iv spent enough time to learn them and do better than i ever thought possible just like any other player could and can, as for helping well sometimes theres no helping people that wont help there selfs unfortunatly.

• Like 2

Well yeah, it is a game. But it has a lot more to it than just throwing in your lure and catching fish after fish. Especially when it comes to competitions - and even more when it comes to the big tournaments.

When I started this topic I was kinda lost - not making any progress.

By now I know that there is much more to competitions and tourneys than you'd think. You gotta talk to people who might share their knowledge, you gotta inform yourself through videos and stuff like the ubersheet. But most of all you gotta practice, practice, practice. Find out stuff for yourself, and take notes.

If you're not willing to invest some time into the game, don't expect to make it to the top 10. If you don't like the competitive aspect of the game, skip it. But if you like competing with other people all around the world, finding the lure and retrieve and spot(s) that work best: fishing planet has a lot to offer.

It can be quite rewarding to finally score a top 3 position after a lot of practice. But it takes time. And if you wanna improve by letting people help you, don't diss the people that want to help you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I remember when I started, that we all believed that people used hacks ... that it was impossible to get so many fish in such a short time, or that it was impossible that if I could not get uniques or trophies or any other fish, these people could do it.
Little by little, you are throwing hours .. and you see that you can also do the same .. there are no hacks ... there is knowledge.
I've made two semifinals, and believe me ... I'm a noob ... I can not take so many hours, and lately, instead of learning, I forget things ... XD

As you comment right here, and taking into account that the tournament schedule, is not the same as the free game, you have to practice, and ignore the advice of people.
I also tell you that only by the way you bring the hooks, you can take unique fish, or little fish ... not all the collections are made the same, nor do they work for all fish. Fishing Planet is a game more complex than it seems ...

P.D. Sorry for my poor english..

• Like 3

VV, dude, looks like you never got through the whole list of comps in the game. FP already has comps exactly you are asking for, here they are:

1. Steelhead showdown

2. Trout hunter

3. Ideal accuracy

4. The size matters

5. Zander Zeek difference

6. Breaking shad

7. Muskie topping

8. One of us, two of asp

9. Length matters

All above mentioned comps give equal chances for all participants. Isnt enough for you? For sure with your attitude forget about such comps like: Xvaganza, Neherrin minimal, emerald predator, one by one, cheesy cat, nightcatchers, big bowfin, etc.... There you need to work hardly before you can win. If you dont want to work in the game, then do casual fishing or visit "lottery comps". Its simple.

The game offers a lot: from one side casual fishing and from another competing part for those who likes it. And going deeper, comps also divided on "lottery" and "best found solution".

As for the comps, what I understood:

really works:

places of casting

retrieve tech

type of lure/bait

size of hook

leader adjustment

Not works:

colour of lure

pressure difference

type of line (depends only on casting distance)

For sure I am far away to know about all game secrets, but at least that is what i believe nowdays.

• Like 5