aktorsyl

Some questions for the devs

Question

aktorsyl    7

Apologies, I think my previous post was in the wrong location. I'll combine my questions into this post:

1) Would you consider doing monthly dev Q&A's on stream or YouTube with some popular FP community streamers? It always is great when devs interact with the community a bit and it helps a lot for the players to realise that they are being heard, that the devs are real people behind the names, and that there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make FP work. Alternatively, if not on a stream/YouTube, then maybe just do a regular Q&A session on the forum?

2) Are you in a position to share the updated roadmap now that PS4's version is released? You don't have to give release dates for each update as we know and understand that release dates can change depending on the development process. But it would be great to know what's being worked on, and whether the team is able to bring the updates out now that the console port is complete - which I assume freed up some dev resources now.

3) More specific question: Will we be able to do custom rigging on our spinning setups at some point? Like Texas-rigging, Carolina-rigging, Wacky-rigging, double-shots etc.

4) I think a big question most level-40 players have: will you consider introducing a daily "quest" or objective system so that there is something specific to do at max-level other than just entering competitions? I know the game is mainly about fishing casually and having fun - and we do. But it's always great to have something to aim for or to work towards in addition to just fishing casually.

4 answers to this question

Killerwhale    33

1) Yes. We will try our best to do it twice or once per month with YouTube live stream with Devs. A lot of stuff almost ready and we want to show it to the players and answer your question

2)  PS4 version roadmap is under development - our new line physics on topwater section must be polished and optimized to meet PS4 standards.

3) Yes, probably with bottom fishing and feeder rods. We will let player manage up to 3 rods and will add new rigging options.

4) Yes, we think about this, but kayaks, boats and bottom fishing first. And 40+ along with lower levels will have a lot of fun with kayaks very soon.

• Like 5

aktorsyl    7
16 hours ago, Killerwhale said:

1) Yes. We will try our best to do it twice or once per month with YouTube live stream with Devs. A lot of stuff almost ready and we want to show it to the players and answer your question

2)  PS4 version roadmap is under development - our new line physics on topwater section must be polished and optimized to meet PS4 standards.

3) Yes, probably with bottom fishing and feeder rods. We will let player manage up to 3 rods and will add new rigging options.

4) Yes, we think about this, but kayaks, boats and bottom fishing first. And 40+ along with lower levels will have a lot of fun with kayaks very soon.

Thank you very much for the reply, @Killerwhale!

Just to clarify a couple of my questions:

2) Thanks! But I meant the PC roadmap - do you expect it will get more dev resources now that the PS4 version is released? :)

3) The thing is, Texas/Carolina/Wacky rigs are applicable to spinning/casting and determines how the senko worms (or other lures) are rigged onto the main line - often used together with offset worm-hooks, etc. Feeder fishing has rigging too, yes - but that involves feeding baskets, PVC bags, etc. That would be amazing to see as well! Both spinning/casting rigging, and feeder riging.

4) The kayaks and boats are wonderful news! The reason we ask about daily quests etc is to give level 40+ players a sense of purpose and a reason to fish other than just fishing casually (which is fun too, but having set goals/aims are a very good thing as well). Boats will definitely help with the wait :D

Thank you again for the detailed answers!

Trulight    18

I'd like to add to what KW said, as last closed beta they actually let us stream 2 weeks before it's release so the public could see it, I hope they give the streamers the same opportunity to do it again :)

• Like 1