urmom8555

idea's for new waterways thread

If we're adding boats you could do a big river. Something like the Mississippi River near Alton, Illinois. Multiple record book blue catfish have been pulled from this area, the largest being 130 lbs. There are also carp, sucker, buffalo, bluegill, crappie, large mouth bass, small mouth bass, flathead catfish, channel catfish, sauger, walleye,  white bass, rainbow trout, and spoonbill paddle fish. This area has a little bit of everything, you can fish from the bank, fish from a boat, or even fish from one of the locks or dams. You can even label the spawn point by the "pool" names that they use to designate the areas between locks and dams.

1 hour ago, Readphnx said:

If we're adding boats you could do a big river. Something like the Mississippi River near Alton, Illinois. Multiple record book blue catfish have been pulled from this area, the largest being 130 lbs. There are also carp, sucker, buffalo, bluegill, crappie, large mouth bass, small mouth bass, flathead catfish, channel catfish, sauger, walleye,  white bass, rainbow trout, and spoonbill paddle fish. This area has a little bit of everything, you can fish from the bank, fish from a boat, or even fish from one of the locks or dams. You can even label the spawn point by the "pool" names that they use to designate the areas between locks and dams.

Mississipi is the next waterway coming with the boats 

7 hours ago, kylerobz said:

Mississipi is the next waterway coming with the boats 

From what I've read it's not the Mississippi river, it's a waterway in the state of Mississippi.

Maybe:

Neman River(Country: Belarus, Lithuania, Russia)

Augustów Canal(Country: Poland, Belarus)

Olza River(Country: Poland, Czech Republic)

Dunajec River(Country: Poland, Slovakia)

Bug River(Country: Poland, Belarus, Ukraine)

Lusatian Neisse River(Country: Czech Republic, Poland, Germany)

Edited by Zenon52

On 9/30/2017 at 5:21 AM, thabeastboss10 said:

kenai river,lake Okeechobee , table rock ,amazon river,more creeks,ponds and small cheap places,Canada,europe ,austraila , new zealand , south america ,ice fishing,fly fishing,big boats and a bunch of other stuff....

The ice fishing and fly fishing I've been thinking about since I started playing the game! His list of places is perfect, but the small creeks, small streams, ponds, small cheap lake, even if there just solo "home" places.

It would  be cool to pick one of them to be your "home" with a little fishing cabin to store your gear, tie flies, prep your gear for your fishing trip to Michigan & hang your trophy mounts on the wall. We could stop by the Mississippi river and shoot some Asian Carp on the way there. 

Edited by Nudnick5480

Quarry Lake Park (I used to fish here) I think would be a nice addition for lower levels. It has a wide variety of fish species including:

All perch types

Rainbow and brown trout

Brown catfish (possibly blue?)

Spotted , smallmouth , striped , and largemouth bass ( I've heard people say that they've seen largemouth grow well over 10lbs)

Walleye

Northern Pike and Muskies (people say they've seen them grow over 4ft long)

I've heard about carp being in here , but I doubt that.

There's also a river literally right next to the lake that steelhead , coho , and chinook run down.

quarry-lake-park.jpg.34ae28816b95cdc4e94cf94cca4c48b1.jpg

(sorry about quality but it's the best ariel view I could find)

images.jpeg.227706820d35271d6b104b91d3718d6a.jpegracinem.jpg.20545b7fe6124bce205bedb41c4d6fbc.jpg

Here's a diving map showing some underwater structures and some deep holes/trenches.

636940411393600000.thumb.jpeg.5c83b03ba08bbc55b6ae4b8102c7b2ea.jpeg

Edited by lllmaxlvllll