Slippyfish

PS4 DLC Giveaway !! CONTEST IS OVER

Made possible by Killerwhale , the Make Slippyfish Smile and Laugh contest!

This is a PS4 contest only!

The prize : 1 DLC code for the Salmon Star Pack , a $70.00 value !

The contest starts right now and ends on 09/27/17 at 12:00pm

How to win :

First you must make me smile. You do so by clicking the heart in the lower right-hand corner.

Second you must tell me the funniest fishing story I've ever heard. It can be true, partly true or just completely made up, but don't tell  me!

It can be an in-game fishing story or a real life fishing story.

You can only enter once (one post) and you cannot edit your post. Editing your post = disqualified. 

The winner will be chosen by me and it's hard to get me to laugh so it better be good!

Don't try to use one you get off the internet, I'll be checking ;) .

Let the funniest fishing story win!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

When I was 6 or 7 I was fishing with my dad.  We had been fishing for about 3 hours and caught nothing but small bluegill.  We only had one poll so had to take turns. I was his turn, but he wasn't getting any bites, I said to him " you don't know what you're doing, give that to me" he did, and a couple minutes later I hooked a fish I wasn't able to bring it being as young as I was.  I handed the poll back to him and when he reeled it in it was a 18 inch largemouth bass.  Not all that impressive, but to this day it remains the biggest bass I've ever caught, and I'm 46 now. :) 

• Like 2

I was 15 and went camping with my family in Kentucky. My aunt was the only other person who enjoyed fishing, so the two of us went down to the lake and threw in our lines with a playful competition of who could catch the most fish. After a couple hours of not catching anything and our family laughing at us for spending so long without a bite, I finally got a bite. It took me a while to reel it in. I could have sworn I had a monster on my line. My aunt (knowing I didn't know how to unhook a fish) ran over to me while I fought that monster. I finally pulled it up the roughly 3 foot ledge and held that beauty high for the world to see. It was one of the smallest bass I had ever seen. My aunt made fun of me for being dramatic, then I laughed and said I still won the competition. She then turned around and pushed me off the ledge straight into the lake. It's been about 15 years now, but when I get to see her about once a year I always ask how many children she's thrown into lakes since I saw her last.

• Like 2

Seeing as it's a competition, I've made my story rhyme!

It was mid September, give or take,
I took my old skiff and left for the lake,
I had a my rod and the coffee I like,
Everything you need for a day hunting pike.

I got to the lake at half past 5,
The mornings make me feel alive,
I rowed out to my favourite spot,
And tied on the lure with a uni-knot.

I cast out to where big pike hang,
When suddenly my telephone rang,
I was startled by the sudden noise,
(My ringtone was "Everybody" by the Backstreet Boys...)

I stumbled while the lure was still jerking,
I looked like I was Miley Cyrus twerking,
But I couldn't believe it when I looked:
In the commotion...a fish was hooked!

The game was on, I began the fight,
It felt like a monster, pulling with might,
I battled and battled but the fish did too,
I was starting to tire (and I think he knew!)

I decided to give one final heave,
But the fish didn't budge, would you believe,
"You will not beat me, fish!" I roared...
A second before I fell overboard!

Soaked to the bone, with my confidence hit,
I decided to call it a day and quit,
I climbed back in the boat with my rod and my flask...

...and I'll say I caught it if anyone asks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I went fishing with my dad, it was my first ever time fishing so he let me have a go when everybody on the pond was gone (i didn't have a license or a day ticket at this point) so there I was, sticking the hook through a muscle. I was fishing for carp (big thing here in the UK), sitting watching my float, knock after knock after knock then all of a sudden the float shot under the surface! Me being my first time, I ripped the rod straight over my right shoulder, little did I know there was a tiny little rud attached the the hook, BOOM! The fish came flying out of the water and it landed straight into another pond that was behind me and who says fish can't fly? The hook was also flying everywhere with how hard I struck the poor fish and the hook narrowly missed my mothers cheek and it embedded itself straight into my wrist! From now on I know not to act like I've just hooked a bus, little flick of the wrist;) and you'll hav a fish in no time! I was hooked;) from that day on, went out bought my license, and that's the story that got me into fishing! 

• Like 1

A few years ago I went fishing with a buddy of mine and I hooked what felt like a monster of a fish. As it got near the boat it felt like he was about to snap my line so I let out some line and it ran under the boat, no big deal. I asked my friend, Ron, to pull up the trolling motor so it didn't get caught up. He told me he'd reel in and do that. Just then, he too hooks a fish, awesome. So we each sit on this boat, battling big fish and I'm thinking to myself this is the mother of all fishing holes on this lake. Can't wait to see how this day goes.

after several minutes of the fish coming back and then letting out line, it seems like its  tired but always has enough to run back under the boat. I finally gave up and cut the line, saying adios to my $9 lure. 

15 seconds later Ron exclaims "omg about damn time!" And lifts up this Walleye in the net, with two damned lures hanging from its mouth. When it ran under the boat the first time it either was stupid enough to eat another lure or just happened to swim right into it, who knows, but I don't think I've ever laughed that hard in my life, two idiots reeling in the same fish back like a damned cartoon! 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

This is a long story get ready 

when i was much younger, i lucked up on what was considered the holy grail of fishing tackle at the time - a boron rod at a ridiculously low price at a store that was about to go out of business.  to this day, i was more giddy over that purchase than i ever have been over any other expenditure on fishing tackle.  and why not?  i got a rolls royce for the price of a bicycle.  boron rods were the "members only" jackets of the fishing world. 

and man o man did that rod ever catch fish.  very quickly i became convinced that there were magical powers contained within that lightweight super sensitive boron awesomeness.  sometimes i wondered if the rod was even crafted by human hands at all.  perhaps it was left here by aliens who were watching from afar, conducting a bizarre experiment to see how a bumbling human would react to their advanced technology.  in retrospect, i wonder if it could have shot lasers or somehow teleported fish out of the water into my waiting hands if i had only been smart enough to figure out how to harness its full potential. 

i cherished that rod like it was my only child, even down to polishing my fingerprints off of it after every outing.  and i never, EVER let anyone else touch it. 

it was only natural for me to begin wondering if its powers extended beyond fishing.  one day i decided to find out.  i had met a girl that i was crazy about.  and the kicker was that she actually liked to fish.  i decided that she was the only human on the planet worthy of sharing a trip that included my precious magic fishing wand.  this was the perfect storm.  the girl of my dreams and the rod of my dreams on the same fishing trip.  perhaps the rod's powers and luck would extend beyond the realm of fishing.  :eyebrows:

initially, that hot summer day's trip exceeded all expectations with big fish after big fish reeled in, admired, and released.  in my delirium, i proceeded to do the unthinkable.  i handed her the rod to reel in a fish.  biggest fish she had ever caught she said.  she offered to go to the store to buy us a couple of cold beverages to celebrate.  i wouldn't hear of her buying me a drink.  "hold on, i got it, let me give you some money," i said.  i laid down the rod and walked to the car, wallet in hand.  "be back in a minute", she said with a smile that just made me melt.  she turned the car around and headed for the store.  too late, i saw it happening like it was in slow motion.  she ran right over my precious boron rod!!!  NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i screamed in a pathetic wail that was probably heard in the next county.  not knowing what in the world she had done, and probably more than a little freaked out herself to hear a grown man scream like that, she slammed the car in reverse and headed back towards me at the speed of sound trying to figure out what the commotion was about - BACKING RIGHT OVER MY BORON ROD A SECOND TIME!!! 

i just fell to the ground beside the shattered rod and shattered dreams lamenting this horrible, sadistic twist of fate.  why couldn't she just have run over me instead?  it was over.  it was all over.  the mojo was gone.  i just knew i would never catch another fish again.  i have never felt such rage and betrayal.  this woman deserved a fate worse than death. there was no choice.  she HAD to be punished for committing this unspeakable act.  so i married her.  she has been paying for that rod for the last 25 years.  and neither one of us could be happier about it.  :grin:

• Haha 2

When I was about 8 years old I was out crappie fishing with my mom and dad and was using minnows well any was I was behind my mom and she put the pole behind her to cast  out the next thing I know the hook  loops up in my Nose and I start saying Mom Mom in a panic voice before she actually cast her rod she looked at me and started horse laughing as the minnow was flopping on my upper lip as if I had a fish stash luckily got the hook safely removed.

• Like 1

When I was 7 I went fishing 🎣 with my dad on the weekend of my birthday 🎉 , I used to always join my dad fishing to get out of the house and to just relax with him as father and son. When we showed up to Redondo Beach pier in California when we arrived at our usual spot he surprised me with a Batman themed children's fishing rod. It was the coolest looking thing I ever seen, and immediately put it to use, I started fishing 🎣 up bait fish 🐟 for my dad non stop, I had such a drive that I filled up my entire line with baitfish before I knew it and just left them hang on for a while, during this time my dad went down to the base of the pier to buy us lunch and snacks. Right at that time I felt the scariest thing at that point in my life, something big had eaten my bait fish on my line and wasn't letting go, my rod was bending so hard it was so close to being snapped in half, I was fighting for my life to not let the rod break or lose it entirely. I was yelling for my dad and fighting and reeling in all at the same time, what felt like years and screams that nobody answered.  I finally saw my dad walking up the pier and yelled with tear filled eyes, he dropped the food and drinks in his hands and came running to help me reel in this monster stuck on my line. When it was all done We finally reeled in a 20 1/2 lb Bonita and was so happy, but after cheering, dancing 💃 and getting hugs and high five from my dad and seeing the biggest fish 🐟 I ever caught; I looked over at my rod and saw my birthday Batman fishing rod was cracked, my reel broken and my line tangled. All my happiness turned to tears. I was cheering and crying all at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Once with my brother I was at night on the fish. Me and him were about 200 meters apart. After a few hours it comes to me with the news that he was pulling so big fish with him broke the fishing rod. I was very surprised how big a fish it was to have broken a fishing rod. And after a week admitted that it was not fish broke his fishing rod and he himself did it because he was sleeping by the fire and how he wanted to focus on the wood laid out because it fell into a pole and that way it cracked.

• Haha 1

When I was about 14 I was fishing with my mums boyfriend down in Skegness at a pond which hold very large carp. So there was this guy who was at the opposite side of the lake to me left his pole in water while he went to go get a sandwich or something out of his back pack and as soon as he got up and turned around I could see the pole just fly into the water. he then came running round to me of all people to try cast my rod to catch his pole so he attempted to many times but lets be honest he was never getting that back if it was one of those giant carps that got hold of it. 

• Haha 1

I was 17,and being a fishing fanatic,I went fishing with my buddy Stefan.Now,Stefan was a total newbie and I told him that if he wants to catch anything,just do as I do. So he did. But I did not notice that the boat that we were fishing from was untied from the bank. So as I baited the hooks and cast my line,I turned to Stefan who was now 10 meters away from the boat. There was no way to get back to the bank,so I had to jump in the water and drag the whole boat back...Still my arms ache,just thinking about it :D

• Like 1

Ah Hell, I remember one of my first trips with my step dad. we went down to Fair Bluff (Lumber River) NC back in 199something, we took the boat out on the river for a bit bringing in bluegill and crappie here and there. Now... in Fair bluff.... one of the things you have to remember is the red bellies (water moccasins) LOOOOVVVE to hang out in the trees and fall in the water for feeding and whats not. So we are going around a bend had to push out to the outer bank because of a fallen tree which put us under a canopy.... well here comes some low hangers (red bellies). Most of them stay put but my step dad.... being afraid of snakes.... starts to pull his 357 out.... because..... you know..... ya can't just kill the snake with like a bowie, small shot gun or (anything that isn't a hand cannon)... they have to be erased from this plane of existence..... well he starts taking shots at the hangers and they fall before the boat gets to close.........except the one..... this Sumbit decided he needed to land right in the middle of the boat.... and my step dad decided he needed to shoot said snake RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOAT..... lets just say...  I learned how to swim in a river real nice that day....REAL NICE ¬¬..... best part?? that boat is still out there! makes for a great noodling spot tbh!

• Haha 2

On 9/6/2017 at 11:40 PM, Slippyfish said:

Made possible by KillerWhale , the Make Slippyfish Smile and Laugh contest!

This is a PS4 contest only!

The prize : 1 DLC code for the Salmon Star Pack , a $70.00 value !

The contest starts right now and ends on 09/27/17 at 12:00pm

How to win :

First you must make me smile. You do so by clicking the heart in the lower right-hand corner.

Second you must tell me the funniest fishing story I've ever heard. It can be true, partly true or just completely made up, but don't tell  me!

It can be an in-game fishing story or a real life fishing story.

You can only enter once (one post) and you cannot edit your post. Editing your post = disqualified. 

The winner will be chosen by me and it's hard to get me to laugh so it better be good!

Don't try to use one you get off the internet, I'll be checking ;) .

Let the funniest fishing story win!

So I was fishing in the game and I was cat fishing and probably been fishing for five or so mins and then my bobber goes down and I set the hook and I was like cool a fish and I have 6 pound test like every set for 6 pounds and up so I start to reeling in and about 1hour later I get this fish in and I think it's a monster bc almost snapped my line and it's been fighting me for and hour so I finally pull it in and I'm so happy bc I think it's a monster so I finally see the fish and it's a 2 pound bowfish and I had five or so friends with me because fishing trip so me and everyone else is excited for this monster fish and I pull this 2 pound bowfish out the water and it's not special at all to my friends are all dying laughing and I'm like fuck this shit I'm out I keep the fish Bc it's money why not and I trim my PlayStation off I comeback on a hour later and my buddy hooks a 13 pound catfish and had it on land in 3 to 5 mins and I was like wtf 13 pound catfish 5 mins 2 pound bowfish 1 hour my mind is blowen 

• Haha 1

When I was a child, I and my father went to fishing at sea in boat, for 4 hours we haven't catch anything, but later something eat the bait of my father, it seems very big, my father said: "Is a shark!! Be careful!!" I said: "WTF??? A SHARK THERE?!??!?" He said: "Is a shark not a fish!!!" I said to him: "Dad, the shark is a fish -.-" After 15-20 minutes my dad catch that monster, it was a marlin!!! (Sword fish) So that evening we had a delicious dinner ^_^

• Haha 1

All right, here is my story. Im an amateur fishing guy, but a lucky kinda guy in life. When i was about 20, me and my wif brought a wakeboarging boat. (9k boat, larson senza 19 feet with waketower and two 600 pounds fatsack). Like i said, im an amateur, so I thought that trolling with a wakeboarding boat by putting the boat on drive would catch me big fish... it was in a lake that i knew there was bass, since i did catch a few off the dock at the cottage... so here it is.... i cast 2 line in the back of the boat, put it on drive and sit back to catch big fish... 20 minutes passes, 30 minutes passes... then i said to my wife, this is costing quite a lot on gaz without catching any fish ( had a 200 hp motor lol) talked to my wife for about 2 minutes, i look back.... what do i see? I bass skipping on top of the water with his mouth wide open... clapping  on top of the water like if you throw a flat rock on the surface to make a record of bounces!!! Me and wife were laughing so hard!!! Reeled the poor fish, released him... i gave the fish a nice ride lol

• Haha 2

So my story isn't really that funny except to me.... Now. But I'm going to share it anyway.

So in the early days of fishing planet I was bobber fishing and all of a sudden bam my line goes and I hook this monster ( I was low level so probably like a 5 lb bowfin or something) I must of been fighting this fish for a good 15-20 mins then out of nowhere this fish jumped out of the water and on to the land. Proceeding to me losing my line. :(

I still remember getting so mad and then bursting out with laughter. 

• Haha 1

4 years ago a friend and I went fishing for Tench at a local harbour on a canal. When we got there we were welcomed by a large group of campers that set up all around the harbour. They had come from England to travel the length of the royal canal and take in the sites along the way. We set up our swim and by the time we had finished, all the campers were out on their chairs drinking tea and eating breakfast, all of them eager to see us catching something.  They were all quiet as mice, some of them were obvious fishermen and knew that Tench are easily spooked. We continued to fish, catching some small Roach and Rudd but nothing substantial.

Then something happened that nobody could believe.  The harbor is always populated with wild ducks that we always feed with bread. They are beautiful and a real welcome site to anyone relaxing on the bank. All of a sudden my float vanished and one of the ducks emerged with my hook in its peak! It pulled my rod right out of its stand and continued to fly up. In a panic, we both grabbed the rod and our biggest fear was that the duck would damaged itself. The campers were all on their feet, in shock. One guy actually said( you've caught a bloody duck mate)! I was able to grab the rod and I could do 2 things, Cut the line or retrieve it and remove the hook. I decided on retrieving, as I thought it best to remove the hook rather than leave it in his peak. So here I was, out for a relaxing day fishing with a flying duck on my line and around 50 people watching. We brought the duck in and removed the hook with the duck flapping like crazy. The hook was buried deep in his tongue and I got some really bad damage on my hand trying to remove it, but I did it! All to a massive applause and huge laughter! 

We stopped fishing after that, but the campers gave us beer all day and we ended up getting really drunk with them! It was one of the most memorable days I have ever had on the bank. Even if at first I was so embarrassed after what had happened. 

• Like 1

One night my buddy (deathly terrified of snakes) and me were catfishing in his boat and we dropped anchor right next to this huge patch of moss.  We start fishing and shooting the bull and I shine the light over at the moss to see a couple water moccasins (one of the largest I have ever seen) just sitting on top of the moss about 3 feet from the boat.  I of course let him know and told him they were staring at him wondering what he tastes like and he gave a shiver and called me an f'n anal orafice, we had a laugh and continued fishing.  Once the fishing started getting hot, my buddy forgot he moved the net right behind his feet and went back to fishing.  About 10 min pass and he gets a big fat one on the end of the line and starts getting excited as he is fighting it and takes one wrong step backwards and "SPLASH" he is in the moss with the snakes.......low and behold I witnessed a miracle as only two people in human history are known to walk on water, Jesus and my buddy Tim.  I also realized how much his a**hole comment was correct as I laughed so hard that night at his expense. 

• Haha 1

Hi, I hesitate

But I think my funniest fishing story is when a fished a duck !!!! Yes... a duck... !!!

When I was young, I has pimped boot of my car like a real fishing store. Brackets for my rods, lures boxes, space for my wadres, etc... I was ready to fish at any time !!! One day, a buddy insist to go fishing after school... Ok ok here we go, there was a small lake next to school. On the spot, lots of carps in activity on surface, I decided to fishing with bread, no float, no sinkers, juste one hook with un piece of bread. Throwing, waiting, driking some beers, and suddenly... the brake begins to sing !!! I hook and I'm looking for at the surface... nothing... I look up and see a duck struggle with my line !!! Damnit !!! The fight lasted at least 30 minutes !!! In the airs, on the water, the duck take off, landing, the fight continue on earth, my buddy run after the duck that take off one more time... ENDLESS !!! And finally, the tired duck surrendered... I removed the hook and we made hugs to him before release it ! What a pity that smartphone does'nt exist at that time... but it remains an unforgettable memory :)

• Haha 1

Well, its an ingame story just happened a few hours ago. Coming from new york farming walleyes and happened to read an event in florida..my first time entering tourney so nervous and eager. With the 20k that I brought home I bought a new 10lbs reel just to be safe coz its bass, and left 12k for travel and license and went. Nervous practising using new bought gears and jigs and don’t know what dock to use. 5 mibs in game panick sets cant reel in s@#t. then the competion starts and the third reeled in by a competitor is a 12lbs unique lmb! f@#k me, scrambled and go to shop and bought a baitcoin jig #4/0 coz its “12 lbs”, jumped to every peg finding the spot where that player caught it and the clock is down to 28 mins with me catching a 2lbs bass, realizing I cant see the other players spot, damn so I cast out on the last peg further right, lift and drop the boom fish bites,  meters goes red..all three s, after 5, 8 mins out he’s still fighting and pulling my libe further..me thinking “lucky its unique this one”. 17mins of hard fighting and thinking my gear is still low that’s why and im happy with one unique or trophy..and comes out a common snook 11lbs..s####t 12k down the drain AND IT'S NOT FUNNY

IGN papubino

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

My best bud had a girlfriend who lived on a private small farm pond with some monster bass. We would slay them on just about anything. One time my buddy's older brother was with us and me and him went out on a little row boat while my bud stayed back with his girl.

We were pulling them in pretty good that day on some t rigged worms and my boat mate said he'd hooked into one. Not thinking anything of it I casted out and hooked into a little dink. Bill tells me the fish is decent sized and was about to surface right next to me and he asked me to lip it for him

I was fully focused on keeping my fish from snagging in a brush pile when he said he needed the lip. I glance over and grab the lip not knowing the size of this thing. I tried to lift at a funny angle and couldn't move it so I look over at what turned out to be a monster

My fist fit in this fish's mouth easily and i'm a big guy with big hands. It literally startled me and I lost grip when she shook. The hook ripped out and went directly into my hand deep. The fish swam away and I felt like the biggest Arse

We still talk about it to this day, and i'll always feel like a horses behind for losing such a prized fish.

I still wonder how big that thing was. For a small Indiana Farm pond, this thing was a behemoth.

Edited by Kingfish22
  • Haha 1

OK, I hope your not drinking anything because this story could ruin your monitor and keyboard. 

Well to fully understand stand the situation you have to go back to the day I was born in a small town of Louisiana.

Just kidding we don't have to go back that far but let me set up scene. 

It's a beautiful Spring day south Louisiana on Lake Marpaw. There are boaters everywhere. Lake Marpaw is somewhat a party destination as well as great fishing lake. As I'm scanning the horizon after reeling in another Large Mouth I see Cigar Boats and Pantone Boats full of ladies with bikinis, I see dozens of fishing rigs running to their favorite hole. About this time my buddy in the back of the boat starts to get a little anxious he isn't having nearly the day I am, so in order to make him feel more comfortable and let him catch a few I invite him to the front of the boat. About 20 min and 3 bass later my buddy still hasn't caught one so while I consitrating on where I was casting(or looking at some girl in a bikini) he changes his lure. Well I catch another fish and go through my usual routine of flopping in my seat to unhook it and put it in the livewell. 

WOOOOHOOOOOOHOOOO!!!! Felt like a snake bit me in the butt. I jump up real quick and look back to see my buddies crank bait hanging from my rear. I tried to snatch it out but it was buried so I handed my buddies some pliers and told him to get it out. So there I was up on the seat on my knees bent over the back rest while he operates on my rearend looking like a nearsighted proctologist. Boats slowing down trying to figure out what's going on. I bet I made quite the impression on the ladies that day.

Every since that day I have been fishing safely from my recliner, just kidding it didn't slow me down a bit. 

Hope you you guys enjoyed and get a laugh from my pain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well i was about 12 years old, was fishing off the pier in pentwater michigan. Fish bites out of the blue almost pulls me into laje michigan. I get my feet back on the ground and start reeling. The other fisherman on the pier are watching me reel in a 4 ft long trout. Its taller the me. I get the hook out and try to carry it the mile back then decide to throw it back. When i started to throw it back all the fisherman started running to me scaring me and making me drop the fish. They then started to cuss and chase me ofg the pier.

• Like 1