Marshall_Maz

Night fishing completely useless addition

Night fishing has been a completely useless addition. I have tried the night spoons at various lakes and it doesn't catch a thing. If you are lucky you will get like 1 fish in a real life hour. Useless and broken. I don't even waste my time anymore to fish in the night and just skip it to 5am like before that addition. Nothing changed except for a few new night equipment that will just waste your credits and doesn't work. 

Edited by Marshall_Maz

aktorsyl    7

Uhm, I have no idea what you're doing wrong, Marshall - but I catch a LOT of fish during the night on various lures, including even the non-glowing topwater ones. Definitely a great update for me so far.

I don't really fish up any Northern Pike at night, for instance - but bass in Florida and California are plenty. I think some species are less active at night than others, with bass really loving the dark.

Edited by aktorsyl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, commanderhorhay said:

Love night fishing it was not easy at first but some lakes have great payout when you find those hot spot. 

For me hunting the big fish at night has put a whole new concept to the game and if what the devs have planned for the future (whatever it will be) grips me like this has i'm going to be one very happy fisherman

Vicious_Bear    10

I'd have to agree with the majority here. Night fishing has reeled in some huge and visually exciting catches. The new lures and some of the equipment require a little patience and experimentation to dial in but that's half the fun of fishing. And hopefully as others have stated, it should only get better. 

I must be either doing something wrong ( although there really isn't anything you can do wrong with spoons , that's as easy as it gets ) , or have tried the wrong lakes. I dunno. Tried the casting spoons at Lonestar for bass , didn't catch anything. Tried the narrow spoons at both Rocky lake and Falcon lake for trout. Caught nothing. And I tried in peak hours according to the graph , didn't help. I will try again when I have another Florida trip and see there. But if bass likes the night , why don't I catch any at Lonestar then. ***shrugs***
I haven't tried the glow worms yet. The fact that most of the night lures are locked behind baitcoins doesn't make things any easier.

Vicious_Bear    10

Give the "Walkers" a try in Florida and see what happens. I'd gift a couple to ya but they won't let me. Best of luck too ya brother!  :D

Edited by Vicious_Bear

TalonAquila    3

The Glow Crank works at night in Florida... caught my first uni largemouth ever on 3ft glow crank, following a grand sunny  day using frog popper.  Trophy Butterfly Peacock and largemouth both during the day; trophy and uni largemouth at night during peak time.

tight lines, y'all

22 hours ago, Vicious_Bear said:

Give the "Walkers" a try in Florida and see what happens. I'd gift a couple to ya but they won't let me. Best of luck too ya brother!  :D

Normal daytime walkers , or are there night walkers ?

I finally got some catches on a night lure. I was looking for info on how to use top water baits. By mistake stumbled upon a video about night fishing at NY. The player was using pink night narrow spoon. So I decided to give it a try as I already bought it for Oregon where it didn't work. That works like a bomb at NY. Now I need to figure out why casting spoons aint working

aktorsyl    7
1 hour ago, Marshall_Maz said:

Normal daytime walkers , or are there night walkers ?

I finally got some catches on a night lure. I was looking for info on how to use top water baits. By mistake stumbled upon a video about night fishing at NY. The player was using pink night narrow spoon. So I decided to give it a try as I already bought it for Oregon where it didn't work. That works like a bomb at NY. Now I need to figure out why casting spoons aint working

The medium spoons also work very well (the holographic night ones). But yes - you can use walkers at night too. Poppers and frogs as well.

Sounds like my next trip should be back to Florida when I'm done in Michigan. ( that's what I hate the most about this game , can't just go to lakes and test things out and have fun. Gotta spend days on end stuck at the same lake to ensure no losses in credits )

TalonAquila    3
2 hours ago, Marshall_Maz said:

( that's what I hate the most about this game , can't just go to lakes and test things out and have fun. Gotta spend days on end stuck at the same lake to ensure no losses in credits )

to me, that's the beauty of this simulation.... can't make a real life trip pay, period.   a 2 day trip in this game isn't really bad.  my wife and I do them now and then just to compete with one another for a longer time.  With the 440 pound keep net, I've found most of the places we fish can be profitable with 1 day, and perhaps some night fishing.

Ok so I am busy with a Florida trip , just finished day 1. Very unimpressed with night fishing there also. You do catch fish , but nowhere near as many as in the daytime. Used both the 1m and 2.5m glowing crankbaits as well as the 10cm glowing worm and various walkers and poppers as well. You do catch fish , but it took me more than double the time to catch half as many as I did during the day. NY still the only lake so far for me that is really great at nigh and actually better than during the day. Florida , not so great at all. It will only be handy if you reach the night stage and your keepnet isn't full yet and you really want it full. Other than that , daytime better there.

Edited by Marshall_Maz

aktorsyl    7
17 hours ago, Marshall_Maz said:

Ok so I am busy with a Florida trip , just finished day 1. Very unimpressed with night fishing there also. You do catch fish , but nowhere near as many as in the daytime. Used both the 1m and 2.5m glowing crankbaits as well as the 10cm glowing worm and various walkers and poppers as well. You do catch fish , but it took me more than double the time to catch half as many as I did during the day. NY still the only lake so far for me that is really great at nigh and actually better than during the day. Florida , not so great at all. It will only be handy if you reach the night stage and your keepnet isn't full yet and you really want it full. Other than that , daytime better there.

Hm, no - try the medium spoons and casting spoons in Florida. Specifically the holographic ones (marked for night fishing). I've been there numerous times and I get a bite almost every cast, you just have to switch your casting locations now and then as you do "fish out" a spot and it takes a while for it to have fish again. Crankbaits aren't as good as they used to be, and bass don't like the worms ingame as much as they do in real life :)

(Man, I hope that one day we can C-rig or Texas-rig some senko's and really simulate serious bass fishing)

Edited by aktorsyl

43 minutes ago, aktorsyl said:

Hm, no - try the medium spoons and casting spoons in Florida. Specifically the holographic ones (marked for night fishing). I've been there numerous times and I get a bite almost every cast, you just have to switch your casting locations now and then as you do "fish out" a spot and it takes a while for it to have fish again. Crankbaits aren't as good as they used to be, and bass don't like the worms ingame as much as they do in real life :)

(Man, I hope that one day we can C-rig or Texas-rig some senko's and really simulate serious bass fishing)

The holographic casting spoons I did try. Not very effective at all. So no too them. Medium night spoons I don't have yet. Will try the medium ones on next trip. Usually I don't use medium spoons for bass so never bought the night ones for testing. ( I hope it's not locked away behind bait coins though , plenty of night lures are ) And yeah I obviously move around a lot , I know about that. I never fish long in one spot. Florida is one of those nice lakes which you can actually "tour" around it and catch your target fish at any spawn. Unlike other lakes where certain fish is just in 1 certain little box. Done with my Florida trip for now , will try and remember to get and bring night medium spoons on next trip there. Is the only ones I didn't try.

aktorsyl    7
4 minutes ago, Marshall_Maz said:

The holographic casting spoons I did try. Not very effective at all. So no too them. Medium night spoons I don't have yet. Will try the medium ones on next trip. Usually I don't use medium spoons for bass so never bought the night ones for testing. ( I hope it's not locked away behind bait coins though , plenty of night lures are ) And yeah I obviously move around a lot , I know about that. I never fish long in one spot. Florida is one of those nice lakes which you can actually "tour" around it and catch your target fish at any spawn. Unlike other lakes where certain fish is just in 1 certain little box. Done with my Florida trip for now , will try and remember to get and bring night medium spoons on next trip there. Is the only ones I didn't try.

When I'm there again (probably tonight) I'll take a few screenshots of where I fish - maybe it'll help :)

4 minutes ago, aktorsyl said:

When I'm there again (probably tonight) I'll take a few screenshots of where I fish - maybe it'll help :)

Cool. At the moment though I fill my 100kg net there by 3pm.( When only keeping bass) So if it ain't at least the same rate as day fishing to forward time and do it for fun then I don't see the point until I buy my 200kg net to double income. At night it took me a long time just to get 30kg , so it's a waste of time as is for me , the game has more than enough grinding already. I rather do double that in half the time during the day. The 200kg net is 5 levels away for me. ( am lvl 35 now ). So will still be a while before I have a 200kg net :P 

16 hours ago, Bellyrub said:

I can easily pull out 200lb of walleye on a rainy night in Michigan using a 6 inch glow worm!! (umm...that's...what she..nvm).

Will try and remember that next time I go to Michigan. Looking for a good spinning option there when I get tired of floating for pike. 

EDIT: Tried it now. Works well thanx. I only hate the glitching there when the fish get's within 7m of the dock. It gets stuck and rod and line gets the hibbie jibbies making it very hard to get the big ones actually landed as they get completely stuck in the dock. I hope they fix it. But other than that it works well , same as NY Walleye at night

Edited by Marshall_Maz