Sign in to follow this  
Burt_reynoldz

Constant snag and hooking bug

Date  9/21

platform-ps4

location- Kaniq creek and white moose lake

Happens mostly using lures. I am getting snagged 3 to 4 times a cast . I also get hits on the lure but cannot hook fish. I can tell when I will have the issues hooking a fish by the frequency of getting snagged . They go hand in hand . I have had the same issues a few days ago with the hooking bug.   I have rebooted several times and tried public and private rooms  but it is still happening . Thanks for any help. 

8 hours ago, Burt_reynoldz said:

Date  9/21

platform-ps4

location- Kaniq creek and white moose lake

Happens mostly using lures. I am getting snagged 3 to 4 times a cast . I also get hits on the lure but cannot hook fish. I can tell when I will have the issues hooking a fish by the frequency of getting snagged . They go hand in hand . I have had the same issues a few days ago with the hooking bug.   I have rebooted several times and tried public and private rooms  but it is still happening . Thanks for any help. 

Hi,

Thank you for report and can you kindly provide us any video?

And your username as well. On support@fishingplanet.com

The hooking bug seems to be better since last time I posted about a week ago. The snagging has been horrible. I fished Colorado the 1st time I went there 4days lost cpl baits due to dumb casting. I went back there yest. to get rainbows and everything I threw was getting snagged. I even spent baitcoins to get barbless hooks and lures thinking that may be it. Its bad even my barbless stuff is getting snagged and I have to cut line if it will let me cut it. Most times gotta exit out and come back in the lake. Really sux guys please help. I never got snagged my 1st  trip here. Now I can barely even use barbless stuff. I'm PS4. ALOT of money wasted. I was lower level the first trip I made here now I'm higher and everything is getting snagged. ?????

Edited by BobTX

The snagging is terrible in the Everglades. Unlike everywhere else I've been, it's impossible to pull it clear. The second you set the drag tighter (the usual method so far in my experience) in order to get the line unsnagged, it breaks the line. I don't even have to tug on it. Pop. Done. I've lost I don't know how many of the best Peacock Bass lures ever (yellow spoon with red spots on it, 3/4oz) because of this.

I feel your pain. I lost 9 lures in one hour at Colorado. 5 of which I paid baitcoins for. I hope The NEHEERIN River is ok to fish. The first time I went it was fine but dunno if I should chance spending any travel cost till it's fixed!!!???

On 24.09.2017 at 11:35 AM, BobTX said:

The hooking bug seems to be better since last time I posted about a week ago. The snagging has been horrible. I fished Colorado the 1st time I went there 4days lost cpl baits due to dumb casting. I went back there yest. to get rainbows and everything I threw was getting snagged. I even spent baitcoins to get barbless hooks and lures thinking that may be it. Its bad even my barbless stuff is getting snagged and I have to cut line if it will let me cut it. Most times gotta exit out and come back in the lake. Really sux guys please help. I never got snagged my 1st  trip here. Now I can barely even use barbless stuff. I'm PS4. ALOT of money wasted. I was lower level the first trip I made here now I'm higher and everything is getting snagged. ?????

Hi,

We can not reproduce the bug you are writing about and we need check etra settings. Please provide us your username on support@fishingplanet.com

• Haha 1

The snagging is just plain ridiculous. I quite the game for about a year. Came back and lasted 1 day. Ridiculous. You can't even fish walleye off dock in Michigan anymore. All my markers. Snags EVERY cast. So, either wastes the cast bringing in stupid crap, or it takes 50 feet of line reeling in to free snag and by that point, cast is wasted. Honestly, if you are going to have jig fishing, you can't have a friggin snag EVERY cast. I've been fishing for a lot of years and I have encountered as many snags total, as the 1 day back I played this POS game. Why are you devs obsessed with ruining the stuff that players enjoy on purpose. You don't fix issues, you just try and see if you can run players off of the game. Honestly, who is the clown in charge of such stupid ideas? Well, thanks for ruining the game. Between the snags and you wrecking all the retrieval methods like Lift and Drop, you can keep this garbage. This is why I don't spend money on this crap

• Like 2