Olga

Q&A Fishing Planet

Questions & Answers!

Hey, dear angling friends!
You probably have a lot of question for the Dev Team by now. And so, we’ll be happy to give you some answers! That’s why we’re launching a new series of posts called "Q&A Fishing Planet"
Once a month we will hold Q&A sessions and pick out 10 most interesting questions that you send us and will publicly post the answers.
Ask away, guys and gals!;)

PS. All questions for the 1st session should be submitted by September 27th 10 P.M PDT. Answers will be given by the end of the week!

• Like 2

A long time ago crank baits stacked, then in an update they ceased to stack.  All other lures and baits stack.  So, my question is why don't crank baits (also possibly top waters) stack?  

Edited by PH_Hilrond
  • Thanks 2

Very excited , I was wondering if you guys were going to implement some more customization to the fishermen themselves ? Meaning hairstyles , facial hair, color , and of course outfits . At least a few different options to mix up would be nice . Another recommendation of mine is Ice Fishing . I think it would be a really cool feature to ice fish in this game and don’t think it would be to hard to add an electric or hand drill (or both) into Fish Planet . And yes fishing clubs or clans would be an amazing feature since me and my buddies all play together . One final recommendation for further updates is a Personal Pond that you can add to the game which you can add fish to , and also capture Pregnant fish and the fish can be kept in the fishkeep and brought back and released into your personal pond . For example a Pregnant Bass can be brought to the Personal Pond and released so that way your Personal Pond can multiply in quantity of bass . Of course the odds of catching a pregnant fish should be extremely rare , and even rarer for the harder species . Also along with the privelage of owning a personal Pond that should also be very hard to obtain . 

-Thanks hopefully you guys thought my ideas were helpful , I actually have a lot more ideas but I didn’t wanna talk to much ! 

P.S. I play on PS4

-PurpleCanibus

• Like 1

Hi. I am currently level 4. I have purchased both spinning reels and rods and spoons and when purchased it said I could buy but could not equip. So when I go to my inventory the items are there but says I can not equip. Does anyone know what is going on?

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:00 PM, TalonAquila said:

There is a level requirement for equipment.  Check your level against that equipment to confirm whether or not you meet the requirements.

Correct me if I'm wrong mate, but you can only buy equipment for the level you are at anyway.

1 hour ago, treebeard60 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong mate, but you can only buy equipment for the level you are at anyway.

You may be correct, and if so I apologize for the brain-fart.  However, " it said I could buy but could not equip. " seems to indicate something else is going on here.

Hola k tal? E jugado poquito y tengo 20€ en la cuenta playstore .... que paquete de 19 € me recomendais que me sea util para disfrutar del juego como principiante? O en que cosa del juego deberia invertir estos 20€? GRACIAS

Edited by Barki

1 hour ago, Barki said:

Hola k tal? E jugado poquito y tengo 20€ en la cuenta playstore .... que paquete de 19 € me recomendais que me sea util para disfrutar del juego como principiante? O en que cosa del juego deberia invertir estos 20€? GRACIAS

Christmas Giant's pack

https://store.steampowered.com/app/730611/Fishing_Planet_Christmas_Giants_Pack/

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2017 at 5:06 AM, PurpleCanibus said:

Very excited , I was wondering if you guys were going to implement some more customization to the fishermen themselves ? Meaning hairstyles , facial hair, color , and of course outfits . At least a few different options to mix up would be nice . Another recommendation of mine is Ice Fishing . I think it would be a really cool feature to ice fish in this game and don’t think it would be to hard to add an electric or hand drill (or both) into Fish Planet . And yes fishing clubs or clans would be an amazing feature since me and my buddies all play together . One final recommendation for further updates is a Personal Pond that you can add to the game which you can add fish to , and also capture Pregnant fish and the fish can be kept in the fishkeep and brought back and released into your personal pond . For example a Pregnant Bass can be brought to the Personal Pond and released so that way your Personal Pond can multiply in quantity of bass . Of course the odds of catching a pregnant fish should be extremely rare , and even rarer for the harder species . Also along with the privelage of owning a personal Pond that should also be very hard to obtain . 

-Thanks hopefully you guys thought my ideas were helpful , I actually have a lot more ideas but I didn’t wanna talk to much ! 

P.S. I play on PS4

-PurpleCanibus

Mullets definatly need to be a hairstyle choice don't ya think?? :)

On 11/15/2017 at 4:09 PM, LR-MR-Cole said:

Hi. I am currently level 4. I have purchased both spinning reels and rods and spoons and when purchased it said I could buy but could not equip. So when I go to my inventory the items are there but says I can not equip. Does anyone know what is going on?

I'm sure this has been figured out by now but for anyone else reading the thread the answer to your question is to make sure that all the prerequisites are checked off. Also I've noticed you must have the room in your inventory backpack. Spoons and lures for spin and cast gear. I tried to understand why I couldn't have a bobber setup or a sinker leader setup for fishing on bottom with spin cast gear. After alot of messing around I learned that you can only equip certain things to certain rod setups. Now I think yes you should be able to do floats and sinkers on regular spin gear becasue telerods aren't really the only way to do those things in reality. I understand why and how they set this up this way even though I dont completely agree with it. The game works well and it's on a free to play setup now and you grind your way up the ladder. So cant complain too much.