cheat spots

holo

8 hours ago, holo said:

love this game but one thing in Michigan you have a spot where you can just cast over the bush and constantly pull out trophy fish and unique pike which doesn't make it challenging nor competitive maybe you guys can fix that 

I’m confused - how can this bug report help the devs whatsoever?

If you love this game as you claim, you could very easily, privately email the devs at support@fishingplanet.com including a screenshot of the said spot and this matter could’ve been handled in an efficient manner.

Don’t want to email? Fine, the second best alternative instead of the vague “behind a bush” location (which makes it inefficient for the devs to locate), you can include a screenshot here in the Bug Report forum. Yes people will know where it’s at, but it also can be corrected much more efficiently.

I’m not saying you’ve done this purposely, but your post now amounts to a public invite for folks to come to Michigan to attempt to find & utilize an exploit point which hurts the overall experience for those of us who play the game as it was intended.

I have never understood the logic of publicly broadcasting an issue such as this, especially in the vague fashion in which you’ve done so. One thing for sure - Michigan will be packed out and now the overall trust and value of the  leaderboard standings will diminish in many folks eyes.

It’s not my intention to come across as a jerk here, but I do care strongly about the future of this platform and I know had I come across this location you speak of I would have gladly emailed the devs to prevent the exploit from hurting the future of the game. I know from experiences in other games the long term bad effect glitch locations can have when broadcast in this manner.

The usual next happening when someone makes a post like this is there will be a YouTube video with someone advertising this location as “the ultra quick place to quickly level-up, make $$$ and rocket up the leaderboard.”

Last thought - are there places where you are more likely to catch trophy or unique fish? Yes, and that is fine. However if you are not exaggerating and this is a sure thing, every cast, regardless of conditions, etc., type spot please follow through and send the devs the proper info so this can be resolved quickly.

Edited by ctxsportsvoice
Grammatically changes.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Developers
11 hours ago, holo said:

love this game but one thing in Michigan you have a spot where you can just cast over the bush and constantly pull out trophy fish and unique pike which doesn't make it challenging nor competitive maybe you guys can fix that 

Hi,

Thank you for report. Can you please provide a screenshot with an exact location of that spot? Please mark it in red, we will check it. 

• Thanks 1

MY god man the spot he is referring to is very well known. There has been you tube videos for a LONG time showing you where it is. This is the way this software is the fish are always in the same spot. Not to say this is the only spot but where ever you find the fish they will always be there. The Dev know this it has been discussed ad nauseam

• Like 1

1 minute ago, del1947 said:

MY god man the spot he is referring to is very well known. There has been you tube videos for a LONG time showing you where it is. This is the way this software is the fish are always in the same spot. Not to say this is the only spot but where ever you find the fish they will always be there. The Dev know this it has been discussed ad nauseam

As I said there are spots where we know fish hangout but the OP is saying this is a glitch spot and not just a regular hotspot.

This is not a cheat spot by any stretch of ones imagination. It is actually the worse spot to stand in because you cant see through the weeds. Take a few steps back and cast to the end of the weed bed about 50 feet out. Bingo. Several UNI pikes and countless trophy's I have caught there. This makes me a cheater? Of course not. There are actually four, count them FOUR prime spots in this area where you can catch nice pike all day long. At this so called cheat spot, is also where you stand if you want any chance to reach the UNI Muskie on a float rig due to the distance limitation of said float rigs. I hate it since, as I stated before, you cant see your float through the weeds. I haven't fished it since I caught a 54 LB UNI muskie and moved on.

Pike are well known for being very aggressive. They will attack anything that moves even when they are not hungry. For pike to be active through the "non peak" hours is actually realistic.

Maybe next time do a bit of research before accusing people of cheating or exploiting in game mechanics.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Yessinia said:

This is not a cheat spot by any stretch of ones imagination. It is actually the worse spot to stand in because you cant see through the weeds. Take a few steps back and cast to the end of the weed bed about 50 feet out. Bingo. Several UNI pikes and countless trophy's I have caught there. This makes me a cheater? Of course not. There are actually four, count them FOUR prime spots in this area where you can catch nice pike all day long. At this so called cheat spot, is also where you stand if you want any chance to reach the UNI Muskie on a float rig due to the distance limitation of said float rigs. I hate it since, as I stated before, you cant see your float through the weeds. I haven't fished it since I caught a 54 LB UNI muskie and moved on.

Pike are well known for being very aggressive. They will attack anything that moves even when they are not hungry. For pike to be active through the "non peak" hours is actually realistic.

Maybe next time do a bit of research before accusing people of cheating or exploiting in game mechanics.

Thank you! So glad that someone with some experience with this spot can share some accurate info and not innuendo. So indeed this is not a glitch/cheat but a normal hotspot, and as you point out there are better spots. I give you a big thumbs up!

30 minutes ago, aktorsyl said:

Definitely not a cheat spot. It's a hot spot due to the combination of reed beds and lilies all together in one area.

Then it’s no different than some of the locations, deep channels, etc., I’ve been fortunate to discover in Texas, Missouri, North Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, and California. Thank goodness for those hotspots especially for the more finicky feeders. There are times when even these spots aren’t producing a major haul - but when they do they are very helpful.

BTW: I‘m sorry if I offended anyone in my terse response to the “cheat spot” original post/poster. I had my doubts (which I expressed in said response) as to the location truly being a glitch or cheat, and I’m glad people with experience in this location could quickly clear this up that it is indeed a hotspot and not a glitch/cheat.

On 9/27/2017 at 5:06 AM, Support Team said:

Hi,

Thank you for report. Can you please provide a screenshot with an exact location of that spot? Please mark it in red, we will check it. 

How about you just delete all the other maps because that's everywhere else too. It's stupid that u want to ruin the fun for everyone else. Hey get a life.

Cheat Spot my rump, you don't pull out trophy or uni on every cast if your lucky you will get one unique a day fishing there sometimes two. Alaska has much higher uni rates. How rare should a unique be? Should the fish just spawn randomly on the lakes because on the lakes where I live there are defenate hotspots near certain habitats for certain fish. This is what the game is emulating. If you fish that spot you catch bigger fish. Just like real fishing if a person finds a local fisherman and the guy tells him fish 3 foot deep 100 yards off the rock wall using a green jighead and pink skirt to catch those slabs but here someone went on YouTube and got the information or they saw someone else do it. 

I suggest you go on about your business and play the game for yourself find your own hotspots and let others play how they do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2017 at 2:07 AM, ctxsportsvoice said:

WOW ok so what i am saying is when you can pull out 4 unique fish out of there in a matter of an hour it doesnt make it challenging so im saying maybe make it harder for the uniques there . this is a fishing simulator not EURO fishing so to be able to catch 4 uniques in an hour seems off , yes i dont have to fish there but when i do i cast from the other side to make it more challenging ,, great replies though i will be sure to post another soon to get you all wild up 

On 27/09/2017 at 7:12 AM, holo said:

What a Joke this spot has been in the game since day 1..... are you trying to say that the catfish spots in Mudwater or the Pickerel spot?, what about the Catfish, Gar & Bass spots from Quanchan, Trout spots in Falcon Lake blah blah blah every map has hot spots for most species of fish... PLUS areas that cross over... are all "Cheat" spots lol

Do u think that there arn't hotspots in real life where u will constantly catch fish during xxx time of day during xxx weather.........for this game to maintain some realism the appropriate fish need to spawn in the areas that there supposed to be found in during a "real" life 

Uni only spawn 1 per hr during there allotted spawn time.... 

Edited by SlothnessMonster
usual spelling ect

I have been sitting on the same rock at the same lake at the same time of the year catching Crappie for over sixty years

On 10/9/2017 at 2:01 AM, SlothnessMonster said:

What a Joke this spot has been in the game since day 1..... are you trying to saying that the catfish spots in Mudwater or the Pickerel spot?, what about the Catfish, Gar & Bass spots from Quanchan, Trout spots in Falcon Lake blah blah blah every map has hot spots for most species of fish... PLUS areas that cross over... are all "Cheat" spots lol

Do u think that there are hotspots in real life where u will constantly catch fish during xxx time of day during xxx weather.........for this game to maintain some realism the appropriate fish need to spawn in the areas that there supposed to be found in during a "real" life 

Uni only spawn 1 per hr during there allotted spawn time.... 

• Like 2