Dennis_FP

The Q&A with the Developers are open!

Hello, guys!

The Q&A with the Developers are open!
The rules are the same as always. We will pick out 10 of the most interesting questions that you have sent us and answer them in a post next week!
Write your question down below in the comments!

PS: Questions must be submitted before  the18th of July.

• Like 2

Will we ever be able to purchase lost x series gear (with baitcoins) or at least reset challenges that unlock them .

Will we ever be allowed to sell lures we dont use , as it is we can only discard them.

• Like 6

Can we get an interchangable/universal light for night fishing? So we can use it with our favorite hat or one that has more tackle spots. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TC915 said:

Can we get an interchangable/universal light for night fishing? So we can use it with our favorite hat or one that has more tackle spots. 

I wanted to ask about expanding night fishing altogether. Besides a hat light, maybe a clip on glow stick for your rod, ground effect lighting for kayaks, and neon painted baits instead of the classic "green glow" color, especially with cranks and topwater lures.

• Like 2

Will there be a PS4 version of PH_Hilrond? I've become a fan of the concept and format for the community events that he hosts but I can't participate because it's pc only.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

How many countries is fishing planet going to have

Is there going to be fish finders that would go with boats and can you say anything about boats that we don't know yet

What type of boats will we see,bass boats etc

Is there going to be Groups in game for socializing 

Any update on the under water camera 

Will any different types of fishing take place in the near or distant future,example:ice fishing,fly fishing etc

Are you going to delay the next update so consoles can catch up or is PC always gonna be first

Can you give us a time for the next content update(Excluding bugs,glitches and event dlc) whether that is in days months or years(the next time we will see lures,locations,rods etc

Edited by thabeastboss10
  • Like 2

I like the game so far, and I think same fish species can look different in their body shape or color. Some fish might look a little bit darker or brighter than the normal ones. Also, some fish have big bellies but some others don't. One can catch a fish that is not the best in length, but the heaviest... In this game, it seems like one fish species has one certain formula (c1*x^c2+c3=y x:lb, y:inch c:constants😂) in terms of their weight and length. Any plan on adding different body types to the same fish species? Maybe this is easy to say but difficult to work on.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:56 PM, PH_Bear said:

Wasn’t quite sure were to put this so the mods/devs can move if there’s a more appropriate section it would fit.

In real life along with my normal gear, I always carry a razor-sharp knife, My Springfield Armory .45 concealed and CCW of coarse and more importantly and to the point of this topic, a small notebook and pen. Comes in handy for notes regarding catch times, species, phone numbers of people met, etc.

It would be a cool inclusion built into the game to have a digital notebook for use on the individual lakes just to jot down lake/river info, fishing spots, lures used and such. Perhaps a sub feature to the maps maybe. For the time being and as a work around, I use the buoy marker to enter misc. info for the fish caught but that can be limiting for obvious reasons. However if I share the marker with a friend, all the info is there. The ability to share notes would be even cooler imo.

Just an idea and food for thought in future versions of the game. Thanks for reading🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why is fish tiring non existent? I get there should be more fight when using under powered rig, but hr long fights in a game is ridiculous. Especially when you get them reeled in under 20ft more than 5 times just to have them run 100ft out every time. I've been deep sea fishing catching 500+ lb fish that had less fight & reel time. That aspect of the game really needs tweaking, like put it on a timer (i.e. every 5-10mins of reel time drops the fish stamina by so many points) or something, because if we're good enough to keep 'em on the line without getting low tension or getting spooled the fish should weaken regardless of rig setup, but they don't! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2018 at 10:23 AM, TC915 said:

Why is fish tiring non existent? I get there should be more fight when using under powered rig, but hr long fights in a game is ridiculous. Especially when you get them reeled in under 20ft more than 5 times just to have them run 100ft out every time. I've been deep sea fishing catching 500+ lb fish that had less fight & reel time. That aspect of the game really needs tweaking, like put it on a timer (i.e. every 5-10mins of reel time drops the fish stamina by so many points) or something, because if we're good enough to keep 'em on the line without getting low tension or getting spooled the fish should weaken regardless of rig setup, but they don't! 

The Most underrated suggestion!!! this needs to be incorporated into the game. 

• Like 4

Will we ever have the ability (option) to keep certain catches as baits; i.e. crayfish, minnows, shiners & making cutbait from certain species?

Edited by TC915
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, TC915 said:

Will we ever have the ability (option) to keep certain catches as baits; i.e. crayfish, minnows, shiners & making cutbait from certain species?

I just read this a week or so ago;

1. Will there ever be a feature to catch your own bait?

Yes, definitely. We’ve had it in our minds for quite a while to implement the possibility of making your own bait using small fish or anything you might catch. 

It's on the steam community website. Here's the link that was posted in Q&A #4 by Hegert;

http://steamcommunity.com/games/380600/announcements/detail/1660008038635398937

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kdog013 said:

I just read this a week or so ago;

1. Will there ever be a feature to catch your own bait?

Yes, definitely. We’ve had it in our minds for quite a while to implement the possibility of making your own bait using small fish or anything you might catch. 

It's on the steam community website. Here's the link that was posted in Q&A #4 by Hegert;

Ahh vn & thanks for the info kdog. I rarely check the Steam boards since I stopped gaming on pc. Hopefully they'll start showing this forum lil more attention & be more informative for those of us that don't frequent the Steam community.  

• Like 2

On 7/11/2018 at 1:54 PM, i.maliszewski said:

will it ever be possible to mark places from which we fish?

If your talking about marking where you're standing or where the kayak is anchored, this is already possible. Instead of marking the last fish, hit no or cancel when it asks, then on the bottom of the tablet it reads L3 - Center. This centers the marker buoy on you, whether you're in the boat or on the shore, I've done both.

FYI, if you are marking the last fish caught, it marks where your last cast hit the water, not where the fish took the bait/lure.

• Thanks 2

On 8/2/2018 at 1:29 PM, kdog013 said:

. Instead of marking the last fish, hit no or cancel when it asks, then on the bottom of the tablet it reads L3 - Center. This centers the marker buoy on you, whether you're in the boat or on the shore, I've done both.

Very nice find, thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

What's about multiple fishkeeper? If we can could take with us more fishkeeper it would be great, because sometimes the FishCastle XLL isn't enough.
For example we can take maximum 5 fishkeepers, max 5 FishCastle XLLs and the total weight will be 1000kg, but single fish weight would be max up to 50Kg. 
We could mixing smaller and larger fishkeeper also. 

Edited by antraxx25

Dnia 11.07.2018 o 4:17 PM, Dennis_FP napisał:

Cześć chłopaki!

Pytania i odpowiedzi z programistami są otwarte!
Zasady są takie same jak zawsze. Wybieramy 10 najciekawszych pytań, które nam wysłałeś i odpowiesz na nie w następnym tygodniu!
Napisz swoje pytanie poniżej w komentarzach!

PS: Pytania należy przesyłać przed 18 lipca.

?

• Like 1